IIT Dhanbad – Department of Management Studies MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIT Dhanbad was established in 1926 by the Government of India. The Department of Management Studies was established in 1977 to provide business training for India’s economic transformation.
- It is approved by AICTE and UGC.
- IIT Dhanbad offers a Post Graduate Program which is equivalent to an MBA. To be eligible, all candidates are required to meet the cut-off points set by the institution.
Courses and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time course.
- Students have the opportunity to specialize in Human Resource Management, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Information Technology Management, and Technology & Operations Management.
- The course curriculum is dynamic to accommodate the changes that occur/may occur in the management field.
- The students are required to undergo an internship program after the end of the first year.
- Towards the end of the 2nd year, the student must submit a written project proposal and afterward conduct a field study. The projects are based on the student’s area of specialization.
- The lecturers apply modern teaching techniques including technology-based presentations, online discussions, assignments, presentations, and physical group discussions.
- Candidates must have a BE/ B. Tech or a Master’s degree in science, commerce, statistics, mathematics, or economics from a recognized university.
- Candidates must prove that they scored at least 60% aggregate in their undergraduate studies. Reserved categories (SC, PWD, and STP) should have attained a 55% aggregate mark.
- Candidates in their final year are eligible. However, they must have an aggregate of 60% in their latest examination.
- Candidates must provide a result sheet for CAT exams. International students should attach GMAT test scores during their application.
- To be eligible, potential students must apply through the institution’s website before the set deadline.
- All candidates must complete the application form (available on the institution’s website) providing accurate details
- Applications are reviewed based on merit as per the eligibility criteria Shortlisted candidates are invited for written test, group discussions, and physical interviews.
- Final shortlisting is done based on the performance of the candidates in the WT, GD, and PI
- Shortlisted candidates are further screened based on past academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, and work experience
- Qualified candidates are offered an MBA admission at IIT Dhanbad subject to their confirmation
- After confirmation, the admission office would send admission letters to admitted students. The letter would include the program’s details and the fee structure
- Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation- India
- Accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- QS World University Ranking ranked IIT Dhanbad 191st globally.
- Ranked 32nd by NIRF for its MBA course floated in 2019 by the Department of Management Studies.
- The total fee for MBA at IIT Dhanbad is Rs 3, 47, 900.
- It includes tuition fees, administrative costs, learning materials, and facilitation.
- Various scholarship opportunities are available for intelligent and needy students.
- IIT Dhanbad facilitates placements for its MBA students. Approximately 98% of the students get offers to work in local and global organizations.
- Average placement salary is Rs 15 Lakh with the highest offer being over Rs 50 Lakh.
- More than 100 organizations participate in the placement process including Deloitte and Google.
- IIT Dhanbad’s MBA graduates earn an average of Rs 15 Lakhs at the beginning of their careers. The salary increases by over Rs 50 lakhs within 2 years of their career life.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Is an MBA in IIT Dhanbad worth the time?
Ans: An MBA is one of the courses with a high return on investment. This is especially because placements are almost always guaranteed.
In most cases, the introductory salary will be above Rs 20 Lakhs annually. Considering that you’ll spend approximately Rs 24 Lakhs for the entire course, you will regain the investment cost within a year!
- Q2: How can I apply for an MBA course?
Ans: Application for an MBA is mainly done online through the institution’s official website. During the application process, you should ensure that you attach all the required documents to increase your chances of being shortlisted. The CAT exams score card is mandatory if you are a local applicant. International students should provide their GMAT scores.
- Q3: Why Should I Pursue an MBA?
Ans: Master’s in Business Administration is a highly marketable course. It will equip you with the necessary skills to maneuver through the ever-changing business environment. Every institution globally is desperate to get a management expert who will help in problem resolution and critical decision making.
- Q4: Does IIT Dhanbad offer scholarship opportunities?
Ans: Yes, the institution offers various scholarships to different categories of students including the needy and the bright ones. You are required to apply for the scholarships and provide all the details requested for. If you qualify, you will be informed to pay less of the tuition fee depending on the value of the scholarship provided.
- Address: Police Line, Sardar Patel Nagar,
- Hirapur, Dhanbad, Jharkhand.
- Pin code: 826004
- Phone: 0326 223 5004
- Visit the institution’s official website www.iitism.ac.in to get more information about their regular MBA.
Other Articles You Might Like
Image Credit: Philippe Bout