DMS IIT Madras MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Application Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- The Department of Management Studies IIT Madras was established in 2004. It started by offering its flagship program: Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
- By the time of its establishment, the institution had a seat intake of 60-70 students annually. The institution has since grown and it can handle more than 150 students in a single intake.
- The public institution is recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India and approved by UGC.
Courses and Duration
This is the flagship program for the DMS IIT Madras. It takes two full years to complete the program successfully.
It’s crafted to equip the students with the necessary skills to handle the highly dynamic business world.
Over the two years course duration, students get the opportunity to select their area of specialization to boost their competence. These areas include:
- Human Resource
- Information systems
- Integrative Management
The highly versatile teaching staff are highly dynamic and apply the most updated teaching methods. This helps the students to understand the emerging trends in business.
At the end of the first year, the students are expected to go for an internship which helps them to familiarize themselves with the real business world. Also, the students conduct a research study and a project to sharpen their research skills and hone their decision-making prowess.
The program receives numerous offers from recruiters during the institution’s summer placement period. The institution achieves an almost 100% placement rate.
- Must have valid CAT scorecard
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Minimum of 60% aggregate or an equivalent 0.6 points. The institutions lower the marks by 5 points when admitting SC/ST candidates
- Final year students can apply but should provide a written document to ascertain the level of education in their current college
- All Information Technology graduates who scored 8.0 out of 10 are admitted without necessary having the CAT scorecard
- All sponsored candidates must meet the qualifications listed above. Also, they should provide all the sponsorship details
- Additionally, all candidates are required to have at least 2-years of working experience from the sponsoring organization
- These candidates should not necessarily appear for the CAT exams
- Their application should be channeled through the respective government agencies
Foreign Nationals/ NRI
- Provide a valid GMAT scorecard
- You must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 60% aggregate from a recognized university
- Students in their final year can apply. Proof for academic progress required
- Must present citizenship and travel-related documents from the embassy of India in their respective countries
- Admission to the Department of Management Studies IIT Madras is a thorough process aimed at selecting students with the will to transform the global corporate sector.
- The process involves a team selected from the admission department to work in a cohort with the registrar. This team ensures that it carefully set the MBA admission requirements for each year
- Once the team settle for a given criterion, the application form is uploaded into their website where interested candidates can access it
- The application process can either be fully online or physically
- When filling in the details, candidates should be truthful since the personal, academic, and work experience details will be crucial in determining the status of the application
- Immediately after filling in the application form, you should ensure that you only pay the application fee through the avenue provided by the university. The fee is dynamic and will always be indicated in the institution’s website
- When the admission team receives the applications, they sort them based on their eligibility criteria (as explained in the eligibility section)
- Candidates who qualify are invited for the next phase of the admission phase where they are required to appear physically for personal interviews. Also, candidates will be subjected to a Written Ability Test (WAT) and Group Discussions (GD)
- The Institution organizes special virtual sessions for international students. In this case, the PI, WAT, and GD are conducted using technology/digital platforms
- Candidates who pass these tests are invited to accept an opportunity to study in the institution. If they accept, they receive a letter of admission which includes all the admission details
Accreditation and Ranking
- Accredited by the Department of Higher Education in the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India
- Accredited by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
- The program costs Rs 8 Lakh. This does not include insurance and other personal needs
- The institution achieves approximately a 98% placement rate. The average salary for candidates is Rs 13 Lakhs with some getting above Rs 90 Lakhs
- The 2019 placement attracted more than 70 recruiting organizations with more than 150 job offers
- Some of the key recruiters include Google, Asia Paints, Accenture, Tech Mahindra, KPMG, Proctor and Gamble, and YES bank
- DMS IIT Madras endeavors to impart skills that are highly sought-after by employees. As such, the institution’s MBA graduates are paid well since they add irreplaceable value to organizations
- The average starting salary for graduates is Rs 13 Lakhs but the highest-paid graduate can receive up to Rs 100 Lakhs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Which MBA program is right for me?
Ans: The regular MBA is right for candidates with less than 3 years of experience. If you’ve been a professional for more than 10 years, you should enroll for an Executive MBA which takes one year to complete.
- Q2: Is PGDM offered at DMS IIT Madras similar to MBA?
Ans: Yes, this course is tailor-made to meet all the demands of a Masters in Business Administration degree. The college is UGC-accredited to offer the course. Besides, the PGDP is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities and other employees
- Q3: Does DMS IIT Madras offer guaranteed placements?
Ans: The institution will provide the platform for recruiters to make their offers. The success of your placement is dependent on how well you present yourself to the employer. However, the high-quality training offered by the institution is a guarantee that you will get a pleasant offer
- Q4: Must an international student attend personal interview during the recruitment?
Ans: No, International students attend virtual interview sessions organized using digital platforms
Department of Management Studies
- IIT Madras Campus, Sardar Patel Road,
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600036
- Phone: +91 044 2257 4550
- Email: [email protected]
- You can also reach the institution by visiting their official website https://doms.iitm.ac.in where you’ll get all the information you need about the MBA and other courses offered.
Other Articles You Might Like
Image Credit: Adityan Ramkumar