IIT Roorkee MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Shortlisting Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee was established in 1998 with the sole aim of training revolutionary leaders in the business field.
- The IIT Roorkee regular MBA is a comprehensive 2-year program. Each year has 2 academic semesters within which the student is trained on various aspects of business management including marketing, labor management, decision-making science, and management of scarce resources.
Courses and Duration
- The IIT Roorkee MBA program is a 4-semester residual program spread over two years of study. It’s designed to incorporate both theory and practical lessons.
- In the first year, students will be introduced to core management concepts to help them build a firm foundation for the more comprehensive second year of study.
- Towards the end of the 2 years, the students will be well-equipped with advanced business management techniques.
- Students specialize in their areas of interest which further boosts the understanding of critical management concepts. Some of the areas that the students may choose include:
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Every student is expected to choose two areas of specialization based on the performance during the first year of study as well as personal interests.
- Also, the students must have a project in their area of specialization towards the end of the program. Through the guidance of their lecturers, students choose a topic that affects real organizations and help in resolving the issues through research.
If you’re to qualify for the admission process, then you must possess the following qualifications:
- Possess a valid/certified bachelor’s degree in any field of engineering. You must have a first-class or its equivalent.
- If you possess a Master degree in any discipline from a recognized university, you’ll qualify for admission
- Final year students are also eligible to apply. Such candidates should attach the results of their last exams to be considered.
- Candidates are required to have at least 60% aggregate or an equivalent CGPA of 6.0 in whichever exam you use application (Bachelors, Masters, or the latest exam for final year students).
- SC/CT aggregate marks are relaxed by a 5 point difference (55% aggregate or 5.5 CGPA)
The first step of the application process involves the submission of the duly-completed MBA application form. The form is either submitted online or physically to the university’s admission office.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
When filling in the application form, you should provide accurate details since providing false information will lead to automatic disqualification.
After filling up the information, you’ll be required to attach various documents to ascertain your qualifications. Below the documents that should accompany your application form:
- CAT Score Card
- UG, PG Mark Sheet
- 10th, 12th Certificate
- Work Experience/ Sponsorship Certificate (optional)
- Category Certificate
- Foreign/international students are required to upload their GMAT scorecard
Once you’ve completed the process, you will be prompted to pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1600/- for general candidates or Rs 800/- for SC/PD/ST candidates. The mode of payment is always online.
After submitting your application form, the admission panel will choose the most qualified candidates who will be shortlisted for the next phase of admission.
The shortlisted candidates are invited for group discussions and personal interviews.
After the candidates are though with all the interviews, they compile the last list of qualified candidates to join the MBA program. Each section of the admission process contributes to the following marks:
- CAT/ GMAT Percentile- 65%
- Personal Interviews-20%
- Group Discussions-10%
- Work Experience- 5%
If you qualify for admission, the admission personnel will inform you in time and attach all the requirements that you should fulfill before you’re admitted.
- In 2000, the University (operating as the University of Roorkee) was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council under the University Grants Commission. It was given a five-star which is the highest grade of accreditation by the council.
- Accredited by the Department of Human Resources Development, the Government of India.
IIT Roorkee has been ranked as one of the best institutions in India. Below are some of the most critical rankings:
- Ranked position 501 Time Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018
- QS World University Rankings of 2018 ranked the university as the 93 best management institution in Asia. The ranking agency also placed the institute as the 431st best engineering institute globally
- The fee for IIT Roorkee MBA includes the tuition charges, library use, hostel, mess charges, and insurance charges.
- The institution charges Rs 2,00,000/- per semester
- Needy students have the chance to apply for scholarships offered by the institution. More importantly, there exists a 100% waiver for SC/ST candidates who qualify for the program at the University.
- IIT Roorkee successfully placed all their students during the summer placements 2019. This is an improvement from the previous average of 98% placement record.
- The average stipend offered for the top 25% of students stood at Rs 90,000 while the top 50% of students had an impressive average of Rs 700,000 stipend.
- Some major recruiters in the summer placements included the KPMG, Zomato, Medlife, Snapdeal, Tiger Analytics, Google, and Vedanta.
- IIT Roorkee MBA is one of the most rewarding degrees globally. The graduates’ average salary is Rs 14 Lakh which is more than 3 times the salary of an entry-level engineer.
- The initial salary has the potential to grow exponentially to more than Rs 50 Lakh which makes this MBA one of the best paying globally.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Does an MBA at IIT Roorkee has a specialization?
Ans: Yes, you can specialize in Marketing, Human Resource Management, Economics, Decision Making Science, Finance, or Scarce Resource Management. However, you are only allowed to specialize after the completion of the first year of study.
- Q2: Can I do an MBA part-time at Roorkee?
Ans: While you can do part-time classes during the weekend, the institution recommends a two-year full-time MBA course. However, if you’re working, the working experience could help you through a part-time program.
- Q3: Must I attend all the lectures to graduate with an MBA?
Ans: Yes, it is mandatory that you attend all the lectures as assigned by the institution. Failure to attend the lectures can lead to automatic disqualification or delayed completion of your MBA.
- Q4: Must I live within the school?
Ans: The institution provides hostel and accommodation services to all the students. However, you can choose to make special boarding arrangements outside the school.
- Q5: Should I pay all the school fees during admission?
Ans: You are expected to clear all the tuition fees. The remaining amount can be paid in installments
To get more information about the admission process, you should contact the institution’s registrar using the contact below:
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Roorkee, Uttarakhand
- India – 247667
- Contact No. +91-1332-285311
- Email Id: email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can visit the institution’s official website https://www.iitr.ac.in to engage the admission office. Feel free to ask any questions regarding the MBA program and the institution in general.
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIT Kharagpur MBA Program
- XLRI Xavier School of Management MBA Program
- IIM Kozhikode MBA Program
- DMS IIT Delhi MBA Program
- Shailesh J.Mehta School of Management IIT Bombay MBA Program
Image Credit: Alex Samuels