International Management Institute, Delhi MBA
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- International Management Institute, Delhi was established in 1981 in collaboration with IMI, Geneva.
- It continually expanded and was recognized as a Research Institute by Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO), Government of India in 1991.
- In 1993, the institution launched a two-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management. The program is recognized by AICTE.
- In 2001, the Association of Indian Universities recognized the PGDM as an MBA equivalent.
- The institution designed its PGDP program to comprehensively address the dynamic needs of the international business environment.
Course and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential course spread across 6 trimesters.
- All students must undertake the core courses during their first year of study. This helps them to sharpen their analytical and communication skills.
- Students are allowed to specialize in their areas of interest in the second year of study. Areas of specialization include Human Resource Management, Decision-Making Science, Economics, Finance, and Operations Management.
- Students must complete the course work, practical work, case studies, and any other course-related work as may be assigned by the lecturer. Failure to satisfactorily complete the course requirements will result in delayed graduation.
- All students must attend a summer internship program to get hands-on managerial experience.
- During the second year of study, students are required to undertake a summer project on an area of interest. The research work contributes to the aggregate score of the students.
- The institution offers Exchange Programs to allow students to get experience in international business management.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a university recognized by UGC.
- Prospective candidates must have at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA (SC/ST/PWD candidates must have scored a minimum of 45% aggregate marks).
- The bachelor’s degree must have a minimum of 3 academic years after the completion of higher secondary education using the 10+2 system.
- All candidates must provide a valid CAT scorecard. International students must upload their GMAT score sheet.
- Students in their final year of study are eligible to apply provided they prove that they meet the minimum eligibility criteria within stipulated timelines (as the institution may deem fit).
- No age limit required for the MBA program.
- Admission to an MBA program at IMI, Delhi is based on the Continuous Admission Test (CAT) and GMAT for foreign students.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Prospective candidates must visit the institution’s website and apply before the deadline. Each candidate must upload all the required documents and provide accurate information to be considered.
- After receiving all the application forms, the admission panel selects the candidates that meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to physically attend personal interviews, group discussions, and written ability test.
- All shortlisted candidates appear before a panel for a personal interview. It tests the candidates’ knowledge of different managerial aspects, business, and a general overview of various issues.
- Group discussions are held to establish the candidates’ ability to support an opinion in an argument.
- The written ability test gauges the candidates’ Intelligence Quotient (IQ).
- Each candidate is awarded marks for each stage of the interview process. The aggregate score is used to prepare the final list of admission.
Preparation of Final List of Candidates
- After undergoing all the stages of the admission process, the candidates’ total score is compiled by the admission panel.
- Candidates that meet the cutoff score (as determined by the institution) are selected. Other factors that the panel considers including work experience, past academic achievements, and testimonials.
- Successful candidates receive their offer letters through the addresses provided during the application process. Also, they are required to accept the offer within the stipulated timelines to facilitate the registration process.
- Ranked 25th best management school in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2018
- Ranked 10th best B-school by Business Today
- The total fee for the PGDM program is Rs 17, 60, 000. It covers tuition, reading materials, student welfare, and library fee.
- An accommodation fee of INR 65,000 is charged for all students living in hostels.
- IMI has consistently achieved high placement success. Approximately 80 companies participate in the exercise.
- The highest placement salary for MBA graduates is approximately Rs 12 Lakhs with the average being Rs 7.8 Lakhs annually.
- Some of the companies that participate in the placement process include Cognizant, HDFC bank, KPMG, Google, Mahindra Comviva, and Deloitte.
- IMI’s MBA graduates get an average salary of Rs 6 lakhs annually. Highly-paid MBA graduates get approximately Rs 15 lakhs annually.
- These graduates have a chance to raise their pay to Rs 50 Lakhs within two years of their professional lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I apply for an MBA if I do not have CAT scores?
Ans: No, the CAT score cannot be substituted. Any application without a CAT scorecard will be rejected.
- Q2: How long will I wait before knowing whether my application was successful?
Ans: The application process takes several weeks to a month depending on the volume of applications received. You will be informed about the status of your application as soon as it is reviewed.
- Q3: Can I defer a personal interview?
Ans: If you’re unable to attend the interview for any reason, you must inform the admission panel for a rescheduling. Failure to attend without prior communication leads to automatic disqualification.
- Q4: What does the CAT exam entail?
Ans: CAT is an online exam comprising three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Qualitative Ability, and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. A candidate must pass all three sections to be eligible for an MBA.
If you have any questions regarding IMI’s PGDM program, do not hesitate to contact one of their representatives using the address below:
- International Management Institute
- B-10, Qutab Institutional Area, Tara Crescent, New Delhi – 110016 India
- Phone Numbers: 47194100, 47194200, 46012729, 26528276, 26529237
- Fax: +91-11-46012729
- Email: email@example.com
- You can also visit the institution’s official website https://www.imi.edu/delhi/ for more detailed information.
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIT Kanpur MBA Program
- IIM Rohtak MBA Program
- IIM Shillong MBA Program
- IIM Kashipur MBA Program
- ICFAI Business School MBA Program
Image Credit: Hans Vivek