International Management Institute, Kolkata MBA program
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- The International Management Institute (IMI) Kolkata was opened in 2011 to offer management programs.
- It started by offering a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) which is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation.
- The institution is centrally located in Kolkata. It has modern residential and academic facilities to facilitate a conducive learning environment.
Courses and Duration
- PGDM is a two-year full-time program. It is approved by AICTE.
- It is an MBA equivalent as it is accredited by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- The program has a dynamic curriculum to inculcate management fundamentals and business ethics.
- Each academic year has three trimesters of 11-12 weeks each.
- After the end of the third trimester, all students must attend a summer internship for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- All students are required to undertake the core courses in their first year of study to help them fathom the basic management fundamentals.
- At the beginning of the second year, students are allowed to specialize in a maximum of 2 areas of interest. Areas of specialization include Human Resource Management, Finance, Economics, International Business, Hospitality Management, and Decision-Making Science.
- Students are required to undertake a compulsory research project/dissertation. The research must identify a problem, devise adequate research techniques, and make recommendations to resolve it.
- The institution has exchange programs with international institutions to equip the students with adequate knowledge of international business management.
- Modern methods of knowledge dissemination are applied including simulations and games, digital group discussions, assignments, guest lectures, seminars & conferences, and institution visits.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA.
- The candidate’s degree must entail at least three years of academic studies after the completion of higher secondary education.
- Candidates must provide a valid CAT/XAT/GMAT score sheet.
- Students in their final year of study are eligible, but they must have scored at least 50% in their latest examinations.
- In case these candidates get admission, they must provide a scorecard or an original certificate to register for the program.
- All prospective candidates must apply for an MBA online and pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000 for local applicants and $16 for international candidates. Late applications will be rejected.
- The application fee is paid through debit cards or credit cards through specific payment gateways as outlined in the application form. The candidate is not required to send any receipt to the institution whatsoever.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Upon reception of all the application forms, the admission panel shortlists all the candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
- The shortlisted candidates are invited to physically attend personal interviews, group discussions, and written ability tests.
- There are several stations where the candidates are interviewed including Allahabad, Delhi, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Varanasi, Dehradun, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Guwahati, Mumbai, and Ahmedabad.
- Every stage of the admission process is evaluated and marks allotted to each candidate.
- After the completion of all the processes, the admission panel compiles the marks for each candidate.
- The final list of qualified candidates is compiled based on the aggregate scores. Other factors that are considered in the final stage include work experience, past academic achievements, engagement in extracurricular activities, and testimonials.
- All successful candidates are informed through registered emails as provided during the application process. They are required to accept the offer within a stipulated duration failure to which the offer may be revoked.
- Ranked 45th best management institution in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2019.
- IMI Kolkata was ranked 12th in India by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- The total fee for the MBA program is Rs 11.5 Lakhs.
- It covers tuition, library charges, refundable deposits, and learning materials.
- The institution offers scholarships to needy and intelligent students. However, the chances are limited.
- IMI Kolkata has consistently achieved 100% placement success since its inception.
- The highest placement salary for MBA graduates is approximately Rs 20 Lakhs annually.
- On average, the graduates get an annual offer of Rs 6.9 Lakhs annually.
- Approximately 47 companies participate in the exercise with a minimum of 200 offers made every placement season.
- The graduates get an introductory salary of approximately Rs 12 Lakhs annually. However, highly paid graduates can earn up to Rs 25 Lakhs annually.
- Some graduates get international offers of up to Rs 30 Lakhs.
- Within two years of professional work, the graduates can earn an average of Rs 18 lakhs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Which career opportunities will an MBA offer?
Ans: An MBA provides you with the necessary skills to handle all management issues. As such, you’ll get many opportunities in various local and international organizations. Also, you can start your own business and run it successfully.
- Q2: How will I pay the application fee?
Ans: The application fee is paid online using a debit/credit card.
- Q3: Can the institution accept CAT score sheet for the previous year?
Ans: No, all candidates must undertake the CAT exams the same year they are seeking admission to an MBA at IMI, Kolkata.
- Q4: I do not possess an undergraduate degree in a business-related field. Can I still apply for an MBA?
Ans: Yes, IMI Kolkata encourages applications from different fields. However, the degree should have at least 3 academic years.
- Q5: When do I apply for accommodation in the institution?
Ans: The institution’s hostels are limited. As such, you should apply for accommodation as soon as you register for the course.
If you need to consult on any matter, you should not hesitate to contact the institution’s representative using the address below:
- International Management Institute
- 2/4 C, Judges Ct Rd, Alipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700027,
- Phone Number: 033 6652 9600
- Fax: 033 6652 9618
- Email: [email protected]
- You can also visit the institution’s official website https://imi-k.edu.in for more detailed information regarding the institution.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Banaras Hindu University MBA
- IMT Ghaziabad MBA Program
- Alliance School of Business MBA
- Anna University MBA Program
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar MBA
Image Credit: Rahul Chakraborty