IMT Ghaziabad MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Ghaziabad is India’s premier AACSB-accredited institution of management studies. It was established in 1980 as a not-for-profit organization to offer leadership training, encourage innovation, and promote social responsibility.
- The institution was approved by AICTE in 1983. It has since grown to be one of the best private and autonomous B-schools in India.
- It is situated in Ghaziabad, UP and has 3 campuses in Dubai, Nagpur, and Hyderabad.
- It offers a Post Graduate Diploma in Management that is recognized as an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities. The program is approved by AICTE.
Course and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time program consisting of 6 trimesters.
- Students must undertake an internship after the first year of study. This is specially designed to ensure that they get the best experience in their area of interest.
- During the first year, students must take all the core courses. However, they are allowed to specialize in a maximum of two courses towards the end of the first year.
- Students can specialize in Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Economics, Finance, and Decision-Making Science.
- All students must undertake a research project in their area of interest. Each student should identify a research problem, develop a proposal, conduct the research, analyze the data, and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
- Training involves classroom time and practical approaches. Lecturers incorporate modern learning techniques including digital research methodologies, presentations, online group discussions, and timed evaluations.
- IMT Ghaziabad provides exchange programs to students. This approach allows them to travel to different universities globally to exchange ideas and learn about different aspects of the global business environment.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any field from a university recognized by UGC or Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA. The cut-off for ST/SC/PWD category is reduced to 45% aggregate marks or 4.5 CGPA.
- Candidates must provide valid CAT/XAT/GMAT test results.
- Students in their final year of study are eligible but they must have attained at least 50% aggregate marks in their latest examinations.
- If admitted, these students are required to submit valid results scorecard or a letter from the institution’s registrar to ascertain their qualifications.
- The admission process involves the following processes:
- Candidates must apply for MBA through the institution’s website. Duly-completed forms should be submitted electronically before the deadline.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Candidates must upload all the required documents such as passport photos, testimonials, CAT/GMAT scorecard, and any other requested documents. Failure to upload them in time may result in an automatic disqualification.
- After the application, candidates will be notified about the admission process through the admission portal.
- All prospective candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are invited for a critical thinking test, personal interview, and group discussions. This admission stage requires that all candidates appear physically in the institution.
- Marks are awarded based on the candidates’ performance in every stage of the interview.
- Candidates who score the highest marks progress to the final selection stage.
Preparing the Final Merit List
- Based on the cumulative marks obtained by each candidate, the admission panel decides on who to offer admission.
- However, other factors are considered such as the quality of the candidate’s statement of purpose, testimonials, past academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, and work experience.
- All successful candidates are informed of the offer through the address provided during the application process. They must confirm that they are still interested in the program to receive registration details.
- Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation
- Accredited by the Association of Indian Universities
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Ranked 4th in private category by NHRDN-Shine.com B-School Ranking of 2018-19
- Ranked 4th best overall and 2nd best private institution by Times of India B-School Ranking, 2019
- The total fee for the two-year program is Rs 17.5 Lakhs. It includes tuition, library charges, course materials, and computer charges.
- Resident students are required to pay approximately Rs 50,000 annually hostel fee
- Needy and intelligent students can get scholarships. However, they must apply and wait for evaluation as the scholarships are limited.
- IMT Ghaziabad consistently achieves over 99% placement success. Approximately 100 corporate organizations take part in the process.
- The average placement salary for MBA graduates is Rs 18 Lakhs annually with the high pay graduates receiving up to Rs 80 lakhs annually.
- Some of the companies that take part in the placement process include Cognizant, Google, Amazon, and KPMG.
- MBA is one of the most rewarding courses with a high return on investment. IMT Ghaziabad graduates get introductory salaries of over Rs 20 Lakhs annually.
- The salaries increase to approximately Rs 80 Lakhs annually within 2 years of their professional life.
- Graduates who get international opportunities have the potential to earn up to Rs 120 Lakhs annually with a chance of an increase to Rs 150 lakhs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What happens if I fail to provide CAT/GMAT scores?
Ans: Failure to provide GMAT/CAT scores leads to automatic rejection of your application.
- Q2: Can I apply for more than one program?
Ans: Yes, however, the applications should be separate with each attracting an application fee. In case you qualify for more than one program, you’ll have to choose one.
- Q3: Will I get the application fee back in case I fail to get an admission?
Ans: No, the application fee is non-refundable.
- Q4: What is the difference between PGDM and MBA?
Ans: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a diploma program while MBA is a degree program offered by affiliated universities. However, PGDM can be equal to an MBA if it is accredited by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Q5: How does IMT Ghaziabad conduct interviews for international candidates?
Ans: All international candidates attend interviews using various digital platforms such as Skype. The admission office will communicate the details about the interview medium and the time.
To get more details about PGDM program and admission procedure, kindly contact the institution’s representative using the addresses given below:
- IMT Admissions Team
- Email: [email protected]
- 0120-4083306, 0120-4083380
- PGDM Executive
- Rinku Hanspal
- Sudha Ramaswamy
- Email: [email protected]
- You can also visit https://www.imt.edu if you need general information regarding the institution
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIM Kashipur MBA Program
- ICFAI Business School MBA Program
- International Management Institute MBA
- IIM Ranchi MBA Program
- Banaras Hindu University MBA
Image Credit: Jan Gemerle