Indian Institute of Foreign Trade MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is a government institution established in 1963 by the Government of India.
- It has 3 campuses in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada.
- The institution offers a Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA-IB). It is the only college among the Top-B schools to offer this unique program.
- IIFT is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Course and Duration
The institution offers two MBA options:
- Two-year MBA full time.
- Three-year MBA Part-time (weekends)
- Full-time regular MBA has six trimesters spread through the two years of study.
- The syllabi compare favorably with the world’s most renowned business institutions.
- All students must undertake an internship program as well as an academic research project to equip them with the requisite skills and knowledge required in the 21st-century workplaces.
- Prospective students must possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of course duration. Also, candidates must score a minimum of 50% or 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates in graduation.
- Candidates in their final year are eligible. However, they must prove that they scored at a cumulative score of at least 50% in their last exam.
- Candidates must provide a valid score card for CAT or GMAT exam.
- International candidates are only eligible if their undergraduate institution is recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- All students must provide a duly-completed application form before the deadline. Late submissions are automatically rejected.
- Candidates should access the application forms online and fill all the details accurately. Also, they are required to upload their CAT exam scores.
- International students are required to upload their GMAT test results.
- After the application, qualified candidates are shortlisted and invited for a written test.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Based on the results of the written tests, candidates are invited for a group discussion, personal interview, and written skill assessment.
- All the tests require the candidate’s physical presence. However, interviews for international students are conducted through Skype.
- After the evaluation, the admission panel compiles the marks for individual candidates. Besides the performance of the candidates during the interview, the panel considers past professional experience, extra-curricular activities, and previous academic achievements.
- Candidates who qualify for admission in the institution are informed through their personal details provided during the application process.
- Accredited as an “A” institute by National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- Ranked 11th best B-School by Business Today
- Ranked 4th most competitive business school by Dare2Compete in 2019
- General students pay Rs 15.7 lakh tuition fee
- SC/ST/PH students pay a subsidized tuition fee of Rs. 7.8 lakh
- Non-Indians and NRI pays $ 60,000
- Besides the tuition fee, every student will be required to pay a cumulative Rs 55,000 to cater for other charges during the study period
- All students who wish to be accommodated must pay an annual accommodation fee of Rs 57,000
- IIFT successfully placed 100% of the candidates in its flagship MBA program. Its high-quality training methods have continually attracted top organizations to participate in its placement process
- The average salary for the 2019 batch of 278 students was Rs 20.07 Lakhs which is an improvement from last year’s average of 19.23 Lakhs
- Approximately 98 organizations participated in the previous placement process including Google, KPMG, Proctor and Gamble, and Deloitte
- On average, MBA graduates from IIFT get offers of 19.23 Lakhs annually. International organizations can offer up to 50 lakhs
- The offer can potentially increase to more than 100 lakhs within two years depending on the productivity and professionalism of the graduates
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What are the specializations at the IIFT MBA program?
Ans: During the first year, all students are required to undertake core courses that encompass basic management concepts. In the third trimester of the first year, students are allowed to choose their area of specialization
Some of the courses that the students can specialize in include marketing, information technology systems, finance, and trading.
- Q2: Are there students exchange programs?
Ans: IIFT has established affiliations with different international universities in Africa, Canada, Europe, and the Asia Pacific.
Each year, students are selected to take part in exchange programs. The selection process varies and is based on a predetermined rationale to ensure that every student gets an opportunity to be exposed to international business cultures.
- Q3: Is IIFT’s MBA program fully residential?
Ans: MBA at IIFT is full-time. Students are required to book accommodation within the campus. The institution has fully furnished hostels within the school compound which provides the students with a conducive learning environment.
If you have any inquiries regarding the admission process, do not hesitate to contact
- Bhuwan Chandra, Sr. Administrative Officer
- Sumita Marwaha, Section Officer
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi-110016
- Phone: 39147385/39147319 (Direct), 39147200
- Fax: 011-26853956, 26533285, 26867851
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also, you can visit the institution’s official website www.iift.edu to get more details on the MBA program.
Other Articles You Might Like
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli MBA Program
- Great Lakes Institute of Management MBA Program
- IIM Raipur MBA Programs
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering MBA Program
- KIIT School of Management MBA Program
Image Credit: Nishta Sharma