Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) MBA
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- The Institute of Rural Management Anand was established in 1979 by Dr. Verghese Kurien with the support of the Government of India, Swiss Agency for Development, and the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
- It offers a Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) which is tailor-made to equip managers with skills to handle the highly dynamic management sector.
- PGDRM program is recognized as an MBA equivalent by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Course and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential program.
- The curriculum is expertly crafted with practical, multidisciplinary, and ethical techniques of problem resolution. It trains the students to analyze problems critically which helps them to solve complex problems.
- All candidates must undertake the core courses like Economics, Human Resource Management, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and Management Strategy. It is designed to provide in-depth knowledge in Rural Society and Economy.
- The program applies case studies, fieldwork, classroom work, engagement in socio-economic activities, management internship, and development internship.
- All students must undertake a summer internship in an organization certified by the institution.
- The program’s evaluation criteria include digital discussion groups, continuous assessment tests, term papers, projects, internships, assignments, and dissertations.
- Candidates must conduct a research project where they are required to identify a socio-economic problem affecting the society, research, and make implementable solutions.
- The program is accredited and approved by reputable accreditation bodies and assessors including the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a university recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their undergraduate studies or an equivalent CGPA. All DAP, PWD, SC, and ST candidates must have achieved at least 45%.
- All local candidates must have undertaken the IRMA Social Awareness Test (IRMASAT) administered by the Institute of Rural Management Anand.
- Final year students are eligible but they should provide the scorecard of their latest exams. Also, such candidates must provide valid proof of fulfillment of all undergraduate requirements.
- Candidates must provide a valid scorecard for CAT/XAT exams. Foreign candidates must upload GMAT/ GRE score sheets.
- All sponsored candidates must have been a full-time employee of the sponsoring organization for at least two years.
- The program has no age limit.
- Admission to PGDRM/MBA program involves the following key stages:
- IRMASAT administration
- Group Activity
- Personal Interview
- All candidates must visit the institution’s online application portal to access the MBA application form. They must provide accurate details and submit the duly-completed document before the deadline.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The shortlisting process is based on CAT/XAT exam results. To qualify for shortlisting, the candidates must achieve the following:
- Above 80% percentile in CAT/XAT for profile-cum-merit based call criteria candidates
- Above 85% percentile in CAT/XAT for merit-based call criteria candidates
- All shortlisted candidates must undertake and pass IRMASAT. The exams are conducted in the IRMA campus.
- Also, the shortlisted candidates are required to undertake group discussions and personal interviews.
- Every stage of the interview is evaluated and the candidates ranked based on their performance.
- During the evaluation, the admission panel also considers work experience, past academic achievements, and extracurricular activities.
- The best candidates are admitted to the program. They receive offer letters through the address provided during the registration process.
- Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- Ranked 17th best institution in India by Outlook India, 2019
- Ranked 6th best schools among the best private B-schools in India
- INR 543, 400 annually. The fee for the first year may rise to INR 600,000 due to refundable deposits including a caution money deposit.
- The fee covers tuition, library charges, materials & operations cost, and refundable deposits.
- The institution offers scholarships to needy and intelligent students.
- IRMA achieves over 96% placement success consistently.
- The average placement offer is Rs 9.42 lakhs while the median placement offer is Rs 10.8 Lakhs annually.
- The highest salary for MBA graduates is approximately Rs 30 Lakhs annually while the lowest is Rs 3.5 lakhs annually.
- Approximately 100 organizations participate in the exercise. The companies are from different sectors including manufacturing, finance & banking, service, automobile, and consultancy.
- MBA graduates from IRMA get introductory offers ranging between Rs 6 Lakhs to Rs 35 Lakhs annually
- Highest-paid graduates can get offers of up to Rs 40 Lakhs annually.
- The average pay for MBA graduates can rise to Rs 23 Lakhs annually within 2 years of professional life.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Must I apply for IRMASAT exams?
Ans: Yes, only candidates who have submitted their IRMASAT application forms will be considered for the test.
- Q2: What do I expect for the IRMASAT exam?
Ans: Candidates are required to physically attend the IRMASAT exam at the IRMA campus. It tests the candidates’ understanding of issues affecting the economic welfare of society. All candidates will have approximately 80 minutes to answer 40 questions.
- Q3: Should international/foreign candidates attend the IRMASAT test?
Ans: No, foreign candidates are excluded from this test. However, they must participate in group activities and personal interview using digital platforms such as Skype.
- Q4: Must I have my CAT results or IRMASAT will suffice?
Ans: All candidates must have valid CAT results. Shortlisting for the IRMASAT test is solely based on CAT/XAT results.
- Q5: Will I get scholarships at IRMA?
Ans: Yes, the institution offers limited scholarship opportunities to deserving students. Interested students are required to apply and provide evidence that they need financial assistance within the stipulated timelines.
- Q6: What happens if I fail the IRMASAT test?
Ans: The admission panel will communicate the results in time. The marks obtained from the IRMASAT tests will be added to the marks obtained from all the other stages to determine the status of your application.
- Q7: Can I appeal a denial of admission at IRMA?
Ans: No, the decision made by the admission panel is final. The entire admission process is strictly based on merit and the number of seats available for the program.
- Q8: Can I reapply for an MBA at IRMA after the rejection of the first application?
Ans: Yes, unsuccessful candidates can reapply during the next admission period. However, the candidates must improve on their credentials since the qualification requirements do not change.
If you have any questions on IRMA’s MBA program, please consult an institution representative using the address below:
- Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)
- Post Box No. 60, Anand 388001., Gujarat. India.
- Contact Name: Mr. Janak Brahmbhatt
- Contact Number: 02692 – 221659 / 221657
- Fax: 02692 – 260188
- Email: email@example.com
- For further information regarding this institute, you should visit its official website https://www.irma.ac.in/
Other Articles You Might Like
- VIT Vellore MBA Program
- IFMR Business School MBA
- Panjab University, Chandigarh MBA
- Amity University MBA Program
- Goa Institute of Management MBA
Image Credit: Vivek Doshi