Jamia Millia Islamia Distance Learning
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- How To Apply?
- Exam Pattern
- Test Centers
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Jamia Millia Islamia is one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in India. During the British rule in 1920, the school was cited in the present-day Uttar Pradesh.
- It became a Central University in 1988 after the Indian parliament passed a bill to that effect.
- The school boasts of more than 10, 000 students on its distance learning programs both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Plus, they have a conducive environment that supports learning.
- The school’s distance learning option was designed to equip working professionals and graduate students with the skills and expertise required to lead multinational corporations.
- The school’s certificate is highly recognized in the country, across Asia and the rest of the world.
- Jamia Millia Islamia is a Central University.
- M.A Education (MAE)
- M.A History (MAH)
- M.A Human Resource Management (MHRM)
- M.A Sociology (MAS)
- M.A. Political Science (MAPS)
- M.A. Public Administration (MAPA)
- M.A.-English (MEG)
- M.A.-Hindi (MHD)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformatics (PGDGI
- Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling (PGDGC)
- You can complete JMI’s distance education programs within two years.
Candidates seeking distance MBA admission must fulfill the following admission criteria:
- Prospective students must be holders of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited university
- Prospective students must secure at least 50% in aggregate or an equivalent grade.
- Those with a Professional Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Engineering, Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Works Accountancy, Chartered Secretaryship (ICSI), and Law must have at least 50% marks.
- Those that are applying for Executive MBA must have at least three (3) years of work experience.
- There is no restriction on age
- The total fee payable by distance learning students is between Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 10,000. You can contact the school admission office for the school fee via [email protected]
- Jamia Millia Islamia earned NAAC’s (A grade) accreditation in 2015.
How To Apply?
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Aspirants should note that the application form is only submitted online. Paper submission would be rejected
- On the application form, you need to complete your personal details, educational history, and contact details.
- After completing the form, proceed to pay the registration fee. As of 2018, the examination fee for distance learning programs is Rs. 700/
- You can pay via your debit or credit card and net banking.
- Prospective students would take an entrance test which consists of 170 MCQ type questions. The test is held once in different cities. The exam duration is 3 hours. The examination comprises of 4 sections:
- English Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability & Numerical Ability
- Data analysis & data sufficiency
- General Knowledge
The written test for the distance learning programs are usually held in the following cities:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How Do I Obtain My Jamia Millia Islamia University Admit Card?
Ans: Visit the school’s official website. Sign in with your login credentials and download an admit card.
- Q2: Should I opt for a distance MBA Program or a regular MBA program?
Ans: The choice is yours depending on your individual circumstances. If you are a working professional, enrolling for a regular MBA program could distort your work schedule. In that case, a distance MBA program comes handy. A distance MBA program provides great flexibility.
- Q3: Why Do I need An Admit Card?
Ans: Admit cards are printed for identification purposes. Holders of the card are only allowed into the test centres. Failure to present the card means you won’t partake in the test.
Q4: I am above 50 years, am I still eligible to apply?
Ans: Of Course. You are eligible to apply regardless of your age. The management of the school doesn’t discriminate against prospective students on age grounds.
- Q5: After taking the test, what next?
Ans: After the test, the examination committee would award marks to all students that sat for the test. The admission is purely based on merit.
If you score an acceptable mark, you would be admitted to pursue your chosen program. The admission committee will notify you of your admission status via the email address you provided during the application stage.
- Q6: Is the institution approved by UGC-DEB?
Ans: Yes, Jamia Millia Islamia Distance Learning Institute is recognized by the Distance Education Bureau of India.
- Q7: Where will I obtain the admission form?
Ans: Interested candidates can download the admission forms from the institution’s official website. Ensure that you only download the form specific to your course of interest.
- Q8: Does the institution allow spot admission?
Ans: Yes, candidates can submit their application forms at the Center for Distance and Open Learning, Jamia Millia Islamia School. The form must be accompanied by all the required documents as well as a demand draft for the application and program fee.
- Q9: Will I be required to undertake an entrance exam before being admitted to a distance program in the institution?
Ans: Yes, candidates must undertake entrance exams conducted at the Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. However, the institution may identify other test centers in cases where the number of candidates is significantly high
- Q10: Does the institution offer self-learning materials to distance students?
Ans: Yes, all students are entitled to self-instructional materials supplied in the form of blocks (each block consist of 3-5 units of hard copy learning materials).
- Q11: Is it mandatory for distance course students to undertake projects?
Ans: Some of the courses require that students undertake projects to gain in-field exposure. Others recommend practical and dissertation for students.
- Q12: Can I get communication regarding the status of my application through post?
Ans: No, the institution will only update candidates on their application statuses through email and online admission portal.
- Q13: Which is the acceptable payment method for distance courses?
Ans: All applicants are required to include a demand draft for the application and program fee when submitting their application forms. They should write the DD in favor of Jamia Millia Islamia and payable in New Delhi.
- Q14: Must I submit the “No Objection Certificate” from my employer to qualify for distance courses at the institution?
Ans: Yes, candidates are required to submit the document as proof of compliance with the employment contract.
- Q15: Can I pursue more than one program simultaneously?
Ans: Yes, students are allowed to pursue two programs simultaneously. However, they cannot be of the same level except for 2 certificate courses. For example, you cannot pursue two postgraduate programs simultaneously but you can pursue a degree program and a diploma program.
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar Marg
- New Delhi – 110025(INDIA)
- Off: 011-26980090 (Direct), 011-26981717 Extn. 1050 & 1051
- Email: mranjan[email protected]
Other Articles You Might Like
- Madurai Kamaraj Distance MBA
- GGU Institute of Distance Education
- NIBS Distance Education
- IASE University Distance Learning
- Nalanda Open University Distance Education
Image Credit: Dewang Gupta