Jamia Millia Islamia MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1920 in New Delhi. In 1988, the institution became a Central University following the enactment of an Act by the Indian Parliament.
- It has various centers offering specialized training to different professionals. Centre for Management Studies offers an MBA that’s recognized and approved by UGC.
- National Institutional Ranking Framework ranks the institution among the best management institutions in India.
Courses and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential program with a dynamic curriculum to produce uniquely skilled managers.
- The program started in 2003. The course content, teaching methodology, and duration are based on UGC Model Curriculum for MBA.
- All students must undertake all the core subjects in the first year. The elective courses are only available at the start of the first semester in the second year.
- Students can specialize in two areas of interest. Areas of specialization include Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, and Operations Management.
- Students are expected to undertake internship and summer project before graduating
- Also, students must participate in classroom presentations, assignments, group discussions, and other pedagogical approaches that lecturers may deem fit
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any field of study. The degree should be at least 3 academic years and should be from a reputable institution recognized by UGC
- Candidates must have an aggregate score of at least 50% or an equivalent CGPA. ST/SC/PWD candidates are required to have a minimum aggregate score of 45% or an equivalent CGPA
- Candidates must provide valid CAT/XAT/GMAT tests score sheet
- Candidates must have consistent academic performance, exemplary communication skills, and interpersonal skills. These attributes are assessed during written tests, group discussions, and personal interview
- Candidates must submit a duly completed application form before the deadline
- Prospective students must apply through the institution application portal
- Before you begin the application process, you should sit for CAT/XAT/GMAT exam and upload a valid score sheet (any application without the score sheet will be rejected)
- Apply before the expiry of the deadline
- After receiving the applications, admission officials sort them to select those that meet all the requirements
- Successful candidates are shortlisted and invited to attend Group Discussions, Personal Interview, and Written Ability Tests. Candidates must appear physically for this admission phase except for international candidates whose interviews are conducted through Skype
- Candidates are awarded marks based on their performance in CAT/GMAT as well as GD, PI, and WAT. Those who qualify are listed for the final term
- To conclude the admission process, admission officials evaluate the candidates work experience, past academic achievements, and extracurricular activities
- Successful candidates are informed through the address provided during registration. After reception of the offer, successful candidates are expected to accept it and confirm their interest
- Accredited by UGC
- NAAC Accredited “A” grade
- Ranked 751-800 in the world by QS
- National Institutional Framework ranked it 19th best institution overall in 2018
- The total fee for an MBA program is Rs 23,500/
- The institution offers sponsorship opportunities to intelligent and needy students. The institution verifies the genuinity of all the information provided before awarding the sponsorship
- Also, the institution can make arrangements for students to get loans through various recommended banks to aid in the payment of tuition fee
- Jamia Millia Islamia has maintained an impressive placement record. Approximately 99% of its MBA graduates get offers during their placement season
- Over 150 local and global organizations participate in the placement exercise. Some of the key institutions include Cognizant, Google, Deloitte, pharmaceutical industries, YES bank, among other reputable institutions
- Average placement salary is Rs 12 Lakhs annually with the highest candidates getting approximately Rs 50 Lakhs and up to Rs 80 lakhs for international organizations
- The average starting salary for MBA graduates is Rs 12 Lakhs annually and can grow to Rs 100 Lakhs
- The offer increases as the graduates gain experience with most of them earning above Rs 100 Lakhs within 3 years of their professional lives
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Is work experience mandatory for an MBA course?
Ans: No, work experience is not mandatory for an MBA course at Jamia Millia Islamia. However, having substantial professional experience is an added advantage for the applicant.
- Q2: How long does it take to get a response after the application?
Ans: Immediately you submit your application form through the online website, you’ll receive an auto-generated email giving you the login details to your portal. Ordinarily, the admission process starts immediately after the closure of the set deadline.
If you meet all the eligibility requirements, you’ll be invited for a personal interview and group discussion in approximately one weeks time
- Q3: How are PI and GD steps conducted for international candidates?
Ans: All international candidates who qualify for PI and GD are required to attend the sessions through digital platforms such as Skype
- Q4: What if I do not qualify after the application?
Ans: After the selection process, all candidates who fail to qualify for the MBA course are informed of the decision through the institution’s portal or other methods that the institution may deem fit.
If you have any general query, you can inquire using the address below:
- Jamia Millia Islamia,
- Jamia Nagar, New Delhi-110025, India
- Phone: +91(11)26981717, 26984617, 26984658,
- 26988044, 26987183
- Fax: +91(11)2698 0229
- You can visit the institution’s website https://www.jmi.ac.in/ to get more details about the institution and its MBA program.
Other Articles You Might Like
Image Credit: Siddhant Singh