Jammu University Distance Education
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Jammu University is a government university located in Jammu and Kashmir. It was established in the year 1969 by an act of State Legislature. It has been accredited by NAAC with grade “A”.
- The University primarily aims to provide educational facilities for all learners. The university also focuses on teaching the students aware of the spiritual element and thirst for knowledge.
- To be precise, it looks forward to the holistic development of the students to be of utmost importance. Focuses on teaching fellow candidates the true meaning of education.
- The university supports a progressive course curriculum that has been designed to educate the students. The department holds faculties of academic and professional prominence. It offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate The mode of study in English.
- Hospitality and tourism management
- Human resource management
- Any bachelor’s degree from a recognized University with 50% of CGPA and 40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category. Also, the working experience of at least 2years is expected.
- 2 years
- 3750 INR per year (including the cost of application)
- Jammu University is accredited as ‘A’ grade university by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council in India) in 1969. The university got provisional recognition from Distance Education (DEC) in 2007-08 for conducting distance courses.
How to Apply
- Students seeking admission have to download the application form from the website.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The filled-in application must be accompanied by a crossed DD of requisite fee drawn in favor of the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, the University of Jammu, payable at Jammu along with the required attested documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What are the post-graduate courses offered at Jammu University in distance mode?
Ans: There are several post-graduate courses offered at Jammu University. Some of these include:
- M.A Urdu
- M.A English
- M.A Hindi
- M.A Sociology
- M.A Dogri
- M.A Political Science
- M.A Economics
- Q2: Can I pursue an MBA program in distance mode from Jammu University?
Ans: Yes, Jammu University also offers an MBA Program in distance mode. It also offers specialization in hospitality and Tourism Management & Human Resource Management in distance MBA Program.
- Q3: What is the fee structure of MBA in distance mode from Jammu University?
Ans: The fee for the MBA program is INR 3,750 per year.
- Q4: Are there any scholarships available?
Ans: The Jammu University DDE forward the application of distance learners of scholarships to different agencies. So, we can say that there are scholarship opportunities available.
- Q5: What are the mode of examination in distance learning?
Ans: The examinations are held by the DDE Controller of the Examinations at notified centers.
- Q6: Where can I get the institution’s prospectus?
Ans: Interested candidates can collect their prospectus from authorized branches of Jammu and Kashmir Bank Limited. Candidates can access a list of the authorized banks from the institution’s website.
- Q7: How will I pay the application fee for distance courses?
Ans: Candidates are required to pay their application and program fees online using Net Banking, Debit Card, or Credit Card. The transaction fee receipt must be submitted together with the admission form.
- Q8: What happens when the university declares me ineligible?
Ans: If declared ineligible, a candidate is required to immediately apply for a fee refund by writing to the Director, Directorate of Distance Learning. Applications submitted after 30 days from the day when the application was declared ineligible will be declined.
- Q9: Does Jammu University have study centers to offer support to distance students?
Ans: Yes, the university has Learner Support Centers distributed in the entire region.
- Q10: How will I get my study materials?
Ans: All distance students can obtain their learning materials from their respective learning support centers.
- Q11: Does the institution offer guidance and counseling to distance courses students?
Ans: Yes, students get counseling support from the learning centers. Any student in need of counseling services should contact the coordinator of their respective centers.
- Q12: Are distance students allowed to access the institution’s library?
Ans: Yes, any student with a valid ID will be allowed to use all the facilities within the institution. Additionally, the institution has a fully-equipped digital library to serve all students undertaking distance courses.
- Q13: Which teaching methods does the institution utilize?
Ans: Jammu University has a state-of-the-art studio for live and recorded lectures. It also utilizes seminars, conferences, podcasts, and viva-voce delivery techniques.
- Q14: Can I migrate from my current university to pursue a distance course at Jammu University?
Ans: Yes, you can change your university to Jammu University. However, you’ll be required to provide a migrating certificate and pay Rs 800 before admission.
- Q15: Will the university send regular updates regarding changes affecting my distance course?
Ans: No, candidates are advised to constantly check the institution’s official website for updated information regarding their programs.
- The Jammu University of Jammu,
- Baba Saheb Ambedkar Road,
- Jammu, Jammu, and Kashmir- 180006
- Phone number: 01912430828
- Website: www.jammuuniversity.in
- Email: email@example.com
Other Options for Students
- IGNOU Distance MBA
- IIM Distance Education
- XLRI Distance Learning Programs
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance Learning MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide