Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) Distance MBA
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Karnataka State Open University is a public university that was established in 1996 to offer education through the distance mode.
- The school is located in Mysore, Karnataka, India. The school offers courses in various streams, including management, information technology, traditional stream, diploma, and certificates, among others.
List of Courses Offered
The management stream offers:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Duration of Course
- The minimum duration for the MBA course at KSOU is two years (four semesters)
- For information on fees, applicants should contact KSOU using the contact information provided in this article.
- KSOU’s distance programs have been discontinued by the University Grants Commission after the commission issued the school a notice dated June 16th, 2015.
How to Take Admission at KSOU
- For information on how to take the KSOU distance admission, applicants are required to contact the school management.
- Eligibility for the MBA program at KSOU is a bachelor’s degree in any discipline
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What are the courses offered by KSOU?
Ans: Students can visit the Programmes Offered section of the official website of KSOU for information regarding the courses offered.
- Q2: Where do students get the study material?
Ans: The University provides all the study material to the students.
- Q3: Is the entire study material available at one time?
Ans: No, The university provides study material semester-wise in 3 volumes.
- Q4: I am a student of final year. Can I enroll for the admission in any program at KSOU?
Ans: Yes, You can enroll for the admission in any program on the condition that you have to submit your final year results before the first exam.
- Q5: Is there any entrance or screening test needed in order to get admission?
Ans: No, entrance or screening test is not a requirement for admission. Any student who fulfills the eligibility criteria can enroll for the desired program.
- Q6: Is the Karnataka State Open University distance MBA recognized?
Ans: Yes, the institution is recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Also, it is approved by the Distance Education Bureau.
- Q7: Where will I submit my application to distance MBA?
Ans: Interested candidates are required to submit their duly-completed application forms at their study center of choice. The university will decline all forms submitted directly to the institution.
- Q8: Will I get a refund of the fees if I am unsuccessful?
Ans: Candidates are required to confirm that they meet all the eligibility requirements before making any payment. Fee once remitted is not refundable.
- Q9: Which documents must I submit together with the application form?
Ans: Candidates are required to provide attested copies of birth certificate, mark sheet for 10th and 12th grades, consolidated mark sheet for final year/qualifying exams, and provisional passing certificate.
- Q10: Which teaching techniques does the institution use for distance MBA students?
Ans: The university uses self-instructional printed materials, projects, face-to-face counseling, audio lectures, recorded visual presentations, assignments, and online tutor-student chatting system.
- Q11: Will I be required to undertake any practical work?
Ans: Yes, students may be required to undertake mandatory hands-on practical work conducted in their respective study centers.
- Q12: Can I specialize in more than one area?
Ans: Yes, distance MBA students are allowed to specialize in at most 2 areas of interest (dual-specialization),
- Q13: Does the university offer counseling services for potential students?
Ans: Yes, the institution has counselors to help candidates settle on the best course/specialization. To get the service, candidates should call 1800-102-2493 (toll-free).
- Q14: What would happen if I submit the application form with error? Will I be allowed to edit it?
Ans: Yes, candidates can make corrections on their details within the stipulated timelines. However, they may not be allowed to change their names through the portal. Such changes can only be authorized by an admission officer.
- Q15: I am no longer interested in distance MBA. Can I cancel the admission offer?
Ans: Yes, candidates can cancel their admission offer within 30 days from the day of the offer.
KSOU Contact Details
Candidates can reach KSOU through the following channels:
- Address: Mukhtagangotri, Mysore,
- Karnataka 570006
- Phone: 0821 251 9952
- Website: http://ksoumysore.in/
Other Articles You Might Like
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- Executive vs Part-Time vs Distance MBA
- Bharathiar Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- Free Distance MBA Scholarship
- Distance MBA – Start Here