University of Kerala Distance MBA Program – Admission, Study Materials and Courses
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- The University of Kerala is one of the oldest universities in south India. The university was established in the year 1937 with the name University of Travancore. Later in the year 1957, it changed its name to the University of Kerala.
- Apart from various regular full-time courses, the University of Kerala provides 51 distance education courses which include MBA.
- All the courses are primarily in English except for some language courses. Currently, the university has sixteen faculties and forty-one departments. More than 150 colleges in the country are affiliated with this university.
- This institution was formed with the motive to provide education to women and senior citizens. The main motto of the institute is to promote career opportunities and technical skills.
- It is a state university.
Types of Courses Offered
The University of Kerala offers specialization in distance MBA for the following courses:
- Human Resource
Duration of the Course
- The duration of the distance MBA course from this university is 2 years. The university has 28 study centers across the state of Kerala.
- The fee for its MBA course is Rs 30,000. Students can pay the fee in installment as well. The first installment needs to be paid in the first semester and the amount is Rs 7500.
- The course fee does not include other fees like affiliation fee, admission fee, and examination fee, they need to be paid separately.
Eligibility for the Course
- Students who are willing to take admission in any courses offered by the University of Kerala must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- The minimum passing marks of the bachelor’s degree are 50%. Students do not require to sit for any aptitude examination to be eligible for admission.
University of Kerala Accreditation Proof
The University of Kerala is officially accredited by the University Grant Commission (UGC). Here’s the proof:
- Students who are willing to take admission at the University of Kerala can collect the prospectus from the institution which costs only Rs.250.
- Every year during the months of May to June, the university publishes details on the admission procedure and important dates in the country’s major newspapers. Candidates willing to take admission must register themselves by visiting the university’s official website.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Students must also have a valid score in examinations like K-MAT, CAT, or C-MAT. Only scores obtained by students from the latest year are considered.
- Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How is the University of Kerala?
Ans: This is one of the most popular questions that students generally ask. First, the University of Kerala offers a wide variety of courses starting from undergraduate courses to postgraduate courses.
It also offers distance education in MBA. It is one of the very few institutions in the country which is recognized by UGC.
- Q2: Who is eligible for taking admission in the University of Kerala?
Ans: You should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% passing marks. Students do not require to sit for any aptitude examination to be eligible for admission.
- Q3: How can I get a Medium of Instruction Certificate?
Ans: Apply on general-purpose form with a fee of 250/ to 270/- (if using the downloaded form). Enclose copy of course certificate (from college) and pass certificate of the course to be certified.
- Q4: How to get Syllabus for various courses offered by the University?
Ans: You can have access to the syllabus of the various courses by submitting a request along with a DD for Rs 25/- to the ‘Director, Dept. of Publications, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram-34’. You can get details of price and availability on the phone.
- Q5: What is the procedure for the Cancellation of Private Registration?
Ans: This can be done by applying on the prescribed form along with a fee of Rs.1000/- to ‘The Controller of Examinations, University of Kerala’.
The originals of all mark lists are to be produced. In the case of a candidate who registered as a private candidate but didn’t apply for any Examination shall remit only Rs 500/- towards the cancellation of Private Registration Memo.
- Q6: What is the procedure for the Cancellation of an Examination?
Ans: This should be done within two weeks from the last date of the final examination. The candidate should submit the duly filled in application to ‘the Controller of Examinations, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram-34’, with a fee of Rs 50/- per paper.
The application form should be accompanied by a forwarding letter from the head of the institution where the candidate studied. The hall ticket for the examination should also be sent. In the case of private candidates, the superintendent of Examinations in the Examination Centre should forward the application.
- Q7: Which is the entrance exam required for the distance MBA registration?
Ans: Candidates will be admitted based on their MAT score.
- Q8: How can interested candidates obtain the institution’s prospectus?
Ans: Candidates can obtain a prospectus from any study center in India upon the payment of Rs 250. Alternatively, it can be downloaded online.
- Q9: What is the evaluation criteria for distance MBA at the University of Kerala?
Ans: All students will be required to undertake assignments, continuous assessments, and end of semester exams for each subject. The internal assessments contribute 40% of the total marks while the end of semester exam contributes 60%.
- Q10: Will I be required to undertake a capstone project?
Ans: Yes, distance MBA students are encouraged to undertake a capstone project thus enhancing their hands-on managerial skills.
- Q11: Is the university recognized by UGC?
Ans: Yes, the institution’s distance program approved by UGC as well as the Distance Education Council.
- Q12: Which are the admissible fee payment methods for distance programs?
Ans: Students are required to pay their fees through a Demand Draft written in favor of the University of Kerala and payable to any SBI branch in India.
- Q13: When will I be required to select my ideal study centre?
Ans: Candidates must select their favourite study centre during the application process. The centres serve as the institution’s application centres and all application details will be sent there.
- Q14: Which services will I get from the study centres?
Ans: The study centre has a post office, library, student amenity centre, research cell, counseling cell, and many other features to facilitate students learning.
- Address: Senate House Campus,
- Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram – 34
- Phone number: +91-471-2305994
- Website: https://www.keralauniversity.ac.in/
Other Related Posts for Students
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA
- Cheapest Distance MBAF
- Free Distance MBA Scholarship
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- CFAI Distance MBA
- IGNOU Distance MBA
- Bharathiar Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Start Here
Image Credit – ktsfish