KIIT School of Management Regular MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Selection Criteria
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- KIIT started as an Institute of Business Administration and Training (IBAT) in 1993. It’s a private institution that provides management studies for India’s economic progression.
- In 2004, the institution was granted university status under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. It holds a prestigious Limca record for achieving this status within 7 years of its inception.
- Its MBA program has a dynamic curriculum aimed at churning out best managers in the entire region
- In 2016, KIIT attracted more than 114 companies and approximately 5,000 job offers for their MBA students
Courses and Duration
- KIIT offers a two-year full-time MBA course
- Every academic year has 2 semesters with 20 weeks each
- MBA students have an opportunity to specialize in at most two of the following courses:
- Human Resource Management
- Technology and Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Information Technology Management
- Financial Management
- The residential program includes summer internship and On-Job- Training. Also, all the students must undertake an academic research project to enhance their research skills.
- Prospective students must be a graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. The degree must be from a university approved by UGC and incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature of India
- Candidates’ CGPA will be converted into marks based on a formula certified by the university board
- Must provide a valid score sheet of any national entrance examination for either an MBA or PGDM such as CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, or KIITEE Management
- Candidates in their final year are eligible. However, their admission is subject to provision of all documents required to ascertain eligibility
- Foreign candidates are required to pay an application fee of US $50 and attach all the required documents alongside their GMAT test results
KIIT provides two channels through which candidates can apply for an MBA admission in the institution. These include:
- Application national tests. This option is open for candidates who have a valid score of GMAT, CAT, XAT, ATMA, CMAT, or MAT. These tests must be taken during the relevant admission year.
- Appear for the KIITEE Management MBA exam at the institute. This is a computer-based test conducted across 15 cities in India.
- The application process can either be online or offline based on the candidate’s preference. All candidates must pay a registration fee of Rs1250/ for their application to be considered.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Candidates are shortlisted and invited for a written test, group discussion, and personal interview
- After completing the GD and PI round, the final merit list is prepared. Other factors considered at this stage include academic achievements, work experience, and extracurricular activities
- All candidates who pass through these stages successfully will receive an admission offer through the address provided during the application process
- The candidates must sign the acceptance letter to ascertain their availability in the MBA program
- Approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation
- Ranked 42nd best Indian University by National Institutional Ranking Framework
- QS BRICS University Rankings 2018 ranked the institution 251-300 globally
MBA fee is Rs 13, 60, 000. It includes tuition fee, mess charges, development & administration fee, utility charges, books & materials, and a laptop
Candidates who wish to get an education loan can apply through Allahabad Bank and provide online approval facility
The institution provides partial scholarships to needy and brilliant students (up to 50% waiver on tuition fee). This scholarship is available to the following groups:
- Candidates with above 80 percentile in CAT/XAT exams
- Top 5 students in the Management Entrance Exams
- Candidates with a minimum of 95 percentile score in MAT
- The institution achieves a 100% placement for MBA students
- Highest domestic offer in 2018 was 12 lakh with an average of 6.2 lakh annually
- The highest international offer was 15.13 lakh
- Some of the hiring organizations that participated in the placement include
- The average salary for MBA graduates is 6.2 lakh annually. However, KIIT students get offers of up to 18 Lakh with international students getting up to 50 Lakhs
- The majority of the graduates earn over 80 Lakhs within 2 years of their professional lives
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Where do I start if I want to enroll for an MBA?
Ans: The first step is always to visit KIIT’s website and apply online. You will be notified when the application window opens as well as the deadline.
- Q2: Can I get an MBA scholarship?
Ans: KIITE offers various scholarship opportunities for needy and bright students. However, you are required to prove that you need assistance in pursuing your MBA degree
- Q3: Which education background is required to take an MBA course?
Ans: You need a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. However, the course duration must be of not less than 3 years. Also, your undergraduate institution must be recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
For any general correspondence, you can contact the following:
- KIIT School of Management
- Campus-7, KIIT , Bhubaneswar,
- 751024, Odisha, INDIA
- Phone: 7608008740
- Email: email@example.com
Any admission queries should be directed to the admissions office through:
- Prof. Saroj Kumar Routray (Chairperson, Admissions) Mobile: +91 99370 85344
- Mr. T. N. Ray (Admission Executive)
- Mobile: +91 94383 01578
- Tel: 078944 60016
- Fax: O674 – 2725278
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also, you can get all the information that you desire by visiting the institution’s official website https://ksom.ac.in
Other Articles You Might Like
- P. Jain Institute of Management & Research MBA Program
- National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli MBA Program
- Great Lakes Institute of Management MBA Program
- IIM Raipur MBA Program
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering MBA Program
Image Credit: Saheb Sansowa