Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) Distance MBA – Admission, Courses, and More
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University is a state university which is located in Guwahati, Assam. The university was established in the year 2006. The university is recognized by UGC in the year 2009.
- The university runs with the motto “Education Beyond Barriers”. The university offers distance, online and regular MBA courses. The courses offered by the university include Ph.D., Master’s degree, PG Diploma, Diploma, Certificate courses, bachelor’s degree, in all the university offers 42 courses.
- The university has many study centers and you can choose one according to your preference. The present chancellor of the university is PD Acharya. Here, we will share information regarding the PGDM and MBA courses offered by the university.
- Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University is a state University.
Duration of Courses
- The MBA course offered by the university continues for 2 years and is divided into 4 semesters. The PGDM courses run for 1 year and thus are divided into 2 semesters.
Types of Courses Available
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
The university does not provide any specialization in MBA thereby there are only different PGDM courses and one generic MBA course.
- All the fees can be paid in installments. For any PGDM course, the total fee can be paid in two installments whereas for the MBA course the fee can be paid in 4 installments.
Accreditation of the University
- The Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University is recognized by the Government of Assam, AIU, DEIEd, and UGC.
- Below we have attached a screenshot of the UGC recognition.
- Students willing to take admission in Krishna Kanta Handiquie State Open University must contact the study centers spread throughout the state as admissions can be done from those centers only.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- For taking admission, the course must be paid at any SBI branch in the country attached to the prospectus. The challan returned by the bank then needs to be submitted to any study centers of the university.
- The students have to submit the application form to the university study center. For more information regarding the admission visit the link mentioned below.
- Admission link: http://www.kkhsou.in/web/
- Free Admission Help Available
Eligibility For the Courses
- Students willing to take admission in MBA must clear the entrance exam organized by the university. Students having 40% or more than 40% aggregate marks in any graduation course except fine arts are eligible for giving the entrance exam.
- Students who have completed studying BBA from any college recognized by KKHSOU and students whose MAT score is more than 500 will not have to appear for the entrance examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the admission procedure at KKHSOU Distance MBA?
Ans: You can visit the study centers for the admission process. The admission forms will be available at the study centers. For more information, the link is available above.
- Q2: Can I take admission in KKHSOU Distance MBA if I have 50% marks in the graduation?
Ans: Yes, The eligibility criteria for the admission in the University Distance MBA is 40% and above.
- Q3: Is KKHSOU Distance MBA UGC approved?
Ans: Yes, It is approved by UGC. An accreditation proof is attached above.
- Q4: Is there any entrance exam for the admission in KKHSOU Distance MBA?
Ans: As stated above, you must have clear the entrance exam for the admission in Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University Distance MBA.
- Q5: What are the courses offered at Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University Distance MBA?
Ans: The courses offered at KKHSOU Distance Education are MBA, Post Graduate Diplomas in Mass Communication, Human Resource Management, Broadcast Journalism, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Business Management, and Computer Applications.
- Q6: What is the fee structure of MBA at KKHSOU Distance MBA?
Ans: The total fee for the MBA program is 50,300 INR.
- Q7: How can I get the university’s prospectus?
Ans: The prospectus and application form are available at the institution’s admission office.
- Q8: How will I pay the application fee?
Ans: Candidates must pay the application fee using the Bank Challan attached to the prospectus. Alternatively, they can write a Demand Draft in favour of Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University’ and payable at Guwahati.
- Q9: Can I get a study centre beyond Assam State?
Ans: No, the university does not have any study centre beyond its territorial jurisdiction of the Assam State.
- Q10: How will I get hardcopy learning materials for my distance MBA course?
Ans: After registration, students will be required to collect their learning materials from their respective study centres. They must produce a copy of their application form to be given the materials.
- Q11: What happens if I am unable to complete the distance MBA within the stipulated timelines?
Ans: Students who fail to complete their MBA studies within the maximum time allowed will be required to register afresh by paying the required fees following the University’s Guidelines.
- Q12: I submitted my application late. Can I still join the distance MBA program?
Ans: Yes, the university may allow candidates who submitted their applications late to enroll in the program after paying a late fine of Rs 200.
- Q13: Can I cancel my admission if I am no longer interested in the distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, students can apply for the cancellation of their studies. However, the refundability of the fee is subject to the university’s guidelines and it is not guaranteed.
- Q14: Can I appeal a decision by the admission panel to deny me a distance MBA seat?
Ans: No, the decision made by the admission panel is final. The process is strictly done on merit.
- Address: Patgaon, Rani Gate, Guwahati, Assam 781017
- Phone: 0361 213 3616
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://kkhsou.in/web/
Other Related Posts for Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit: Wanniz