Loyola Institute of Business Administration MBA
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) was established in 1979 to offer a PGDBM program to train business executives on managerial and administrative matters.
- In 1995, the institution introduced a two-year PGDM program which was immediately approved by the All India Council for Technical Education. PGDM is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as an MBA equivalent.
- It has an affiliation with the University of Madras to offer various doctoral programs.
Course and Duration
PGDM is a two-year full-time program. Every year has 3 semesters.
Students have the opportunity to specialize in the following areas:
- Human Resource Management
- General Management
To be conferred with an MBA degree, students are required to undertake a summer project and workshops. Also, students are expected to participate in a mandatory internship program towards the end of the first year.
In the first year, students must undertake the following core course:
- Managerial Economics
- Basic Financial Management
- Computer applications
- Managing Operations
- Marketing Management
Besides the core courses, all students must undertake other courses to get credit hours of approximately 60.0 in the first year.
The program uses different course deliver techniques including online group discussions, assignments, project presentations, continuous assessment tests, written evaluation tests, and oral exams.
To qualify for a PGDM course, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized institution.
- Candidates must show consistency in academic performance throughout their undergraduate studies.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA. SC/PWD students must achieve at least 55% aggregate.
- Candidates must provide valid XAT/CAT/ GMAT results.
- Candidates in their final year of study are eligible to apply. However, such applicants must provide a score sheet or degree certificate before registration for the PGDM.
- Professional work experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- All candidates must submit their duly completed application forms on or before the deadline date. Late applications are rejected.
- Prospective students are to apply for the PGDM program through the institution’s official website.
- Before the application process, candidates must ensure that they sit for CAT/XAT exams and upload the results
- After the application process, admission officials will review them and shortlist those who meet the application requirements.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for Personal Interview, Group Discussions, and Written Tests. To undertake these tests, the candidates must appear physically in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, or Kolkata.
- Admission officials further review the academic credentials, work experience, and extra-curricular activities of the remaining candidates.
- The final list is prepared based on candidates’ performance in all stages of the admission process.
- Qualified candidates receive their offers through provided address details. They are required to confirm their acceptance of the offer to receive full details of the program.
- An application fee of Rs 1500/ is required. You can use Netbanking, credit card, or debit card to make a payment online.
- Ranked 32nd best management school in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2018
- Ranked among the Top 100 Management Schools in India.
- The total tuition fee for PGDM is Rs 11, 40,000
- Annual accommodation fee ranges between Rs 73,000 and Rs 83,000
Refundable fee includes:
- Library Deposit Fee is RS 10,000
- Retention fee of Rs 10,000
- Scholarship available for needy students
- These refundable payments must be made together with first term fees. It’s only refunded after the student graduates or leaves the institution.
- Also, the institution offers scholarships to needy and intelligent students. To qualify, candidates must apply through the institution’s website before the deadline.
- LIBA achieves over 99% placement success. More than 200 corporate organizations participate in the exercise.
- The average placement salary for MBA graduates is Rs 12 Lakhs annually with the highest offer being approximately Rs 50 Lakhs annually.
- Some of the organizations that participate in the placement process include Deloitte, Google, Mahindra, KPMG, Procter & Gamble, and YES bank.
- On average, LIBA MBA graduates earn Rs 25 Lakhs annually. The salary can potentially increase to over Rs 50 Lakhs within 2 years.
- LIBA’s MBA has one of the best returns on investment. The total fee spent on the course can be recouped within the first year of professional life.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can LIBA accept the GRE score instead of the GMAT score?
Ans: No, the GMAT requirement cannot be waived in favor of GRE. However, local students can present their valid CAT/XAT score sheets in place of GMAT.
- Q2: Must I be accommodated in school?
Ans: While the institution offers various accommodation options, it’s not mandatory for students to reside within the school.
However, it’s recommended that you take advantage of the opportunity since the fee is student-friendly and you’ll save money. Also, it offers an ideal learning environment to enable students to maximize their productivity.
- Q3: Am I guaranteed an MBA admission if I meet the minimum requirements?
Ans: The available spaces are few and competitive. As such, you can never be too certain of a place until the admission office confirms it to you. However, you can be certain that the process is characterized by high integrity and honesty. If you deserve the spot, you’ll, no doubt, get admitted to the program.
- Q4: Can I apply for the program if I do not meet all the requirements?
Ans: It depends on which requirements you fail to meet. Some of the requirements such as an undergraduate degree from a recognized college and CAT/GMAT results are mandatory. If you miss any of the two, your application will be disregarded.
However, some shortfalls can be compensated by other strengths. For example, a lower CGPA can be compensated by working experience.
You should direct act general query to:
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration
- Mahalingapuram Main Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034
To get more specific admission answers, email your questions to:
- Phone: +91 44 28177100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also, you can visit the institution’s website https://liba.edu to get more details about LIBA and its programs.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade MBA Program
- IIT Dhanbad – Department of Management Studies MBA
- A Pai Management Institute MBA Program
- Jamia Millia Islamia MBA Program
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi MBA
Image Credit: Balaji Malliswamy