Madras University Distance MBA Fee, Courses and Syllabus
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Prospectus and Application Form Details
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Being one of the oldest establishments of Public State Universities in India, Madras University is one of the most preferred education destinations in the country.
- Established back in 1857, there have been quite a lot of attempts by the university to introduce Distance Learning as a fully-fledged part of its curriculum.
- UGC and NAAC, both have recognized the quality education at the University Campus and the efforts being put in by giving it a Grade A and conferring it to have huge potentials for excellence
- As a part of its distance learning program that has more than 78 courses, the University has an array of MBA courses to offer.
MBA Courses offered
- MBA General- 2 years
- MBA Executive- 1-year theory and a 1-year project
- MBA Integrated- 5 years
- Eligibility Criteria
- MBA General
- Qualified under 10 + 2 + 3 pattern of education
- A Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law
- Professional qualification in Accountancy / Cost & Works Accountancy / Company Secretaryship
- MBA Executive
- A graduate of a recognized University or a deemed to be University Program with a 10+2+3 pattern of the educational program
- At least 3 years of experience in industries run under the public sector or semi or quasi-Government organizations or in an executive, managerial or supervisory rank in a business enterprise
- MBA Integrated- Qualified under 10 + 2 pattern of education. For more details on eligibility, refer prospectus.
- MBA General
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered for General MBA course
- Apparel Management
- Educational Management
- Export-Import Management
- Financial Management
- Hospital Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Shipping and Port Management
- Systems Management
- Travel and Tourism
Course Fee Structure
- MBA General- ~17,000 INR
- MBA Executive- ~30,000 INR
- MBA Integrated- ~27,000 INR
Madras University Accreditation
Madras University is accredited by UGC.
Admissions are basically conducted under the Academic year & Calendar year streams. The University of Madras has two admission gateways for MBA Aspirants under its Distance Learning Curriculum:
- On-the-spot Admissions: First-year aspirants looking forward to getting admissions through this gateway need to be present at the Study or On the Spot Admission Centres with all the required documents and certificates with their respective original copies.
- Single Window Admissions: Aspirants who want to make it directly to the University’s campus can make use of the Admission Centre better known as the Single Window Admission Centre set up in the Chepauk Campus of the University in the IDE Building, Chennai.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The center remains functional from morning 10 o’clock to the evening at 5 o’clock on all the seven days of the week.
- It is expected of the applicants that they collect the prospectus and application forms from the sales counter by paying a nominal amount of Rs. 100 in cash and paying the required registration fees at the Registration Fee counter.
Prospectus and Application Form Details
The entire Distance Learning Course structure along with a split Syllabi can be obtained from the Prospectus issued by the Madras University. One of the following modes can be adopted as far the prospectus and admission forms of the University are concerned:
- Personal Collection: The form can be collected individually or in person from the Counter at the University Campus.
- The Counter here refers to the Study or the Spot Admission Centre. A nominal fee of Rs.100 will have to be paid in cash at the time of collection.
- E-Prospectus: There is an option of downloading the prospectus along with the admission form from the University Website.
- In case a downloaded copy of the form being submitted, a fee of Rs. 100 is required to be paid along with the registration fees.
- By Post Collection: In case you wish to obtain a copy of the prospectus and the admission form by Post, all you have to do is write into the University with a demand draft of Rs. 150 drawn in favor of “The Director, IDE., University of Madras”. The draft is to be made payable at Chennai.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How is the University of Madras for distance education?
Ans: It is a great option if you want to have a Distance MBA degree. The study materials and sessions are quite helpful. If you are smart to study yourself you can easily pass the exam, further if you need any help or want to learn something you can go and attend the classes.
- Q2: What certificates are issued by the University once I complete my MBA?
Ans: The university provides a Provisional Certificate. Besides that, it also provides a Completion Certificate four months after the degree is completed.
- Q3: What if I have made some mistakes in my application form?
Ans: You should inform the university when your interview is being conducted.
- Q4: What is the eligibility criteria for the Madras University MBA Executive?
Ans: You should have a graduation degree from a recognized University or a deemed to be University Program with a 10+2+3 pattern of the educational program. Plus, you should have at least 3 years of experience in industries run under the public sector or semi or quasi-Government organizations or in an executive, managerial or supervisory rank in a business enterprise.
- Q5: What is the fee structure for MBA General, MBA Executive, and MBA Integrated?
Ans: The fee for MBA General is 17,000 INR, MBA Executive is 30,000 INR, and MBA Integrated is 27,000 INR.
- Q6: Is Madras University a State or Private Institute?
Ans: It is a Public State University.
- Q7: Is the distance MBA offered by Madras University approved by UGC?
Ans: Yes, the program is approved by both UGC and DEB.
- Q8: Can an international student apply for the program?
Ans: Yes, the program is open to international students. They can apply online through the admissions portal.
- Q9: Will I be required to submit my original documents for verification?
Ans: Yes, candidates will be required to ascertain the authenticity of their documents. This will be done during the physical verification phase of the interview. If the candidates are not sure about the safety of their documents, they are invited to bring the attested copies of the original.
- Q10: What happens if my application is unsuccessful for the distance MBA?
Ans: The decision of the admission panel is final. If your application was unsuccessful, you will have to wait for the next admission schedule.
- Q11: How are the examinations conducted?
Ans: Each student will be evaluated using an online evaluation technique. The evaluation will include assignments, projects, and group discussions.
- Q12: Does the institution offer scholarships for distance MBA?
Ans: No scholarships are available for the program. However, ST/SC students are eligible for fee reimbursement and an annual book allowance of up to INR 500.
- Q13: Where can I collect the prospectus and application form?
Ans: The candidates will get the prospectus from the institute, spot admission centres, study centres, twinning program centres, and participatory institutions for INR 100.
Candidates can also opt to get the prospectus by post after sending a demand draft of INR 150 written in favour of The Director, IDE, University of Madra.
- Q14: Will I be admissible if I studied abroad?
Ans: Yes, Indian nationals who study abroad are eligible to apply. However, such candidates must provide an Equivalence Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities.
- Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras,
- IDE Building, Chepauk, Chennai- 05
- Fax: 044-25360865
- Telephone: 044-25613716
- Website: www.ideunom.ac.in
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Other Options for Students
If you are into distance MBA, you may also consider looking at some other options:
- IIM Distance Education
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
- XLRI Distance Learning
- IGNOU MBA distance learning
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit – sarathy selvamani