Madras University Distance MBA Fee, Admission, and Eligibility
|Madras University MBA Correspondence||Details|
|Course offered||MBA; General, Executive & Integrated|
|Stream||Marketing, Management, Operations, etc.|
|Duration||1 to 5 Year|
|Fee of course (INR)||Ranges from course to course|
|Work ex required||At least 3 years for executive MBA|
|Eligibility||Varies from course to course|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Prospectus and Application Form Details
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
Being one of the oldest establishments of Public State Universities in India, Madras University is one of the most preferred education destinations in the country.
Established back in 1857, there have been quite a lot of attempts by the university to introduce Distance Learning as a fully-fledged part of its curriculum.
As a part of its distance learning program that has more than 78 courses, the University has an array of MBA courses to offer.
MBA Courses offered
|Madras University Distance Education MBA||Duration|
|MBA General||2 Years|
|MBA Executive||1-year theory and a 1-year project|
|MBA Integrated||5 years|
|Madras University Distance MBA Eligibility|
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered for General MBA course
- Apparel Management
- Educational Management
- Export-Import Management
- Financial Management
- Hospital Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Shipping and Port Management
- Systems Management
- Travel and Tourism
Course Fee Structure
|Madras University Distance MBA||Fee (INR)|
Madras University Accreditation
Madras University is accredited by UGC.
Admissions are basically conducted under the Academic year & Calendar year streams. The University of Madras has two admission gateways for MBA Aspirants under its Distance Learning Curriculum:
On-the-spot Admissions: First-year aspirants looking forward to getting admissions through this gateway need to be present at the Study or On the Spot Admission Centres with all the required documents and certificates with their respective original copies.
Single Window Admissions: Aspirants who want to make it directly to the University’s campus can make use of the Admission Centre better known as the Single Window Admission Centre set up in the Chepauk Campus of the University in the IDE Building, Chennai.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
The center remains functional from morning 10 o’clock to the evening at 5 o’clock on all the seven days of the week.
It is expected of the applicants that they collect the prospectus and application forms from the sales counter by paying a nominal amount of Rs. 100 in cash and paying the required registration fees at the Registration Fee counter.
Prospectus and Application Form Details
The entire Distance Learning Course structure along with a split Syllabi can be obtained from the Prospectus issued by the Madras University. One of the following modes can be adopted as far the prospectus and admission forms of the University are concerned:
- Personal Collection: The form can be collected individually or in person from the Counter at the University Campus.
- The Counter here refers to the Study or the Spot Admission Centre. A nominal fee of Rs.100 will have to be paid in cash at the time of collection.
- E-Prospectus: There is an option of downloading the prospectus along with the admission form from the University Website.
- In case a downloaded copy of the form being submitted, a fee of Rs. 100 is required to be paid along with the registration fees.
- By Post Collection: In case you wish to obtain a copy of the prospectus and the admission form by Post, all you have to do is write into the University with a demand draft of Rs. 150 drawn in favor of “The Director, IDE., University of Madras”. The draft is to be made payable at Chennai.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How is the University of Madras for distance education?
Ans: It is a great option if you want to have a Distance MBA degree. The study materials and sessions are quite helpful. If you are smart to study yourself you can easily pass the exam, further if you need any help or want to learn something you can go and attend the classes.
Q2: What is the eligibility criteria for the Madras University MBA Executive?
Ans: You should have a graduation degree from a recognized University or a deemed to be University Program with a 10+2+3 pattern of the educational program. Plus, you should have at least 3 years of experience in industries run under the public sector or semi or quasi-Government organizations or in an executive, managerial or supervisory rank in a business enterprise.
Q3: Is Madras University a State or Private Institute?
Ans: It is a Public State University.
Q4: Is the distance MBA offered by Madras University approved by UGC?
Ans: Yes, the program is approved by both UGC and DEB.
Q5: Can an international student apply for the program?
Ans: Yes, the program is open to international students. They can apply online through the admissions portal.
Q6: Does the Madras University offer scholarships for distance MBA?
Ans: No scholarships are available for the program. However, ST/SC students are eligible for fee reimbursement and an annual book allowance of up to INR 500.
Q7: Where can I collect the prospectus and application form for distance MBA?
Ans: The candidates will get the prospectus from the institute, spot admission centres, study centres, twinning program centres, and participatory institutions for INR 100.
Candidates can also opt to get the prospectus by post after sending a demand draft of INR 150 written in favour of The Director, IDE, University of Madras.
- Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras,
- IDE Building, Chepauk, Chennai- 05
- Website: www.ideunom.ac.in
Other Options for Students
If you are into distance MBA, you may also consider looking at some other options:
- IIM Distance Education
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
- XLRI Distance Learning
- IGNOU MBA distance learning
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit – Martin Jernberg