Mangalore University Distance MBA Program
- Courses Available
- How the Course is Delivered?
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Mangalore University is one of the oldest and premium University in Karnataka. The university is located in Mangalore city and aims at catering the higher education need of the southern parts of the country. The university was established in the year 1980 and the motto of the university is “Knowledge is Light”.
- The university is spread over 350 acres of land in Mangalore at a picturesque hillock. The institute offers distance education starting arts to management study fields.
The university has expanded to a huge extent recently and now has 190 Affiliated colleges.
Duration of the Courses
- The duration of studying MBA in distance mode from Mangalore university is 2 years just like most universities in the country. The entire course is divided into 4 semesters.
Types of Courses Offered
- The university offers a wide variety of courses starting from various arts to management courses like MBA. The university offers distance MBA course in the following areas:
- General MBA
- MBA in Tourism Administration
- MBA in International Business
How is the Course Delivered?
- The MBA course offered by the university is completely in distance mode and the university also provides study material to its students.
- The teaching faculty of the university has vast knowledge in their field of teaching and has been teaching for a really long time. They have gained enough experience to share it with the students.
Eligibility For the Courses
- In order to study the distance MBA from Mangalore University, a candidate should complete his or her bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks. The university also conducts an admission test which you need to pass successfully in order to get admitted.
- Interested candidates from the scheduled caste or scheduled tribe groups should have at least 45% marks in their bachelor’s degree.
- The total fee for studying MBA in distance mode from the university is INR 1,24,720. The entire course fee can be paid in two installments.
Accreditation of the University
- The university is accredited by UGC which is the pioneer institution for recognizing universities offering distance MBA courses. You can find the details here!
How to Take Admission?
- Students can apply for admission online by visiting the university’s website. The university arranges an admission test for candidates applying for a distance MBA course from the university. Candidates are selected based on merit.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The merit is determined by the marks obtained in the admission test and the qualifying examination. The marks obtained in both the examination is divided into a ratio of 50:50.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How good is Mangalore University?
Ans: The answer to this particular question is very subject since it all depends upon the course you choose. Pursuing a distance MBA course from the university can be a good choice for someone who is seeking more knowledge and career advancement. There are many people who completed their higher education from the university and are working at good companies.
- Q2: Does Mangalore university arrange campus drive?
Ans: No, the university does not arrange any kind of campus drive for its students. However, if you are already working, studying an MBA from the University will add up to your qualification.
- Q3: How do I obtain the prospectus and the application form for distance MBA?
Ans: Candidates can obtain the prospectus in person from the directorate of distance education after paying Rs 300 application fee.
- Q4: Which is the ideal method to pay the application fee?
Ans: Candidates can pay the application fee through a Challan to specified banks
- Q5: Where are the study centers for the Karnataka- Mangalore University located?
Ans: All the study centers are located within the territorial jurisdiction of Mangalore University following UGC regulations. The centers are in Mangalore, Madikeri, and Udupi
- Q6: How are distance MBA students evaluated at Karnataka – Mangalore University?
Ans: Distance MBA students are required to submit assignments in time, undertake continuous evaluation tests, submit their project reports, and pass the end-of-term examinations.
- Q7: Will the examinations are paper-based or online?
Ans: All examinations will be pen and paper-based thus fulfilling UGC requirements.
- Q9: What is the procedure of getting the hall ticket for the examinations?
Ans: Students can download their hall tickets from the institution’s website. Tickets will only be available if the candidate has cleared all the program’s fees.
- Q10: What is the pass mark for the distance MBA program?
Ans: Students need to achieve more than 40% cumulative marks to qualify for convocation.
- Q11: Will I be required to register for the examinations every semester?
Ans: Yes, students must submit their duly-completed examination forms in time. The forms must be accompanied by a demand draft for payment of examination fees.
- Q12: What happens when I miss my examination session? Will the examination fee be refunded?
Ans: Students who miss examinations will be required to register afresh for the examinations. The fee is not refundable neither is it transferable.
- Q13: How long will it take before I get my student’s ID card?
Ans: Students will get their ID cards within 7 days from the last registration date. They can collect them from their respective study centers.
- Department of Business Administration
- Mangalore University
- Mangalagangotri – 574 199.
- Phone: +91-824-2287637
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Other Options For Students
- Madurai Kamaraj Distance MBA
- GGU Institute of Distance Education
- NIBS Distance Education
- IASE University Distance Learning
- Nalanda Open University Distance Education
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit: NeONBRAND