Manipal University MSc. Data Science Course Fee, Syllabus, Eligibility and More
|Manipal MSc Data Science Syllabus||Details|
|Course offered||MSc. Data Science|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Fee of course (INR)||INR 330,000 for Indian Students and US$8,800 for international students|
|Accreditation||NIRF & UGC|
|Work ex required||Candidates with valid work experience will be preferred|
|Eligibility||BSC. Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science or BE/B. Tech/BCA with at least 60% aggregate marks (or equivalent grade)|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Course Objectives
- Programme Curriculum
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Important Dates
- Batch Profile
- Placement Assistance
- Job Prospects
- Manipal University Data Science Quora
- Other Courses Offered at Manipal University
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
If you want to grow your career in management, you should make decisions based on data analytics insights. This approach helps you to foresee opportunities and increase your business prospects. Enroll in Manipal MSc in Data Science and learn the techniques that will help you convert your data into a decision-making asset.
This programme was launched to offer students versatile training in interdisciplinary data analytics. It incorporates Biological Sciences, Machine Learning, Statistics, and Big Data Analytics. Additionally, the programme equips students with hands-on programming skills and introduces them to tools such as SQL, R, Python, SAS, Hadoop, STATA, and Spark.
Course Duration: 2 years
Type of Course/ Medium: Full-time with modular-based curriculum
This 2-year programme requires students to cover 22 modules spread across 4 semesters. The modules include:
- Computational Mathematics
- Linear Regression Models
- Computational Inference
- Regression Models
- Probability and Probability Distributions
- Categorical Data Analytics and Logistics
- Non-Parametric Methods
- Design and Analysis Experiments
- Stochastic Processes
- Bayesian Statistical Modeling
- Time Series Analysis
- Machine Learning Methods
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Nonparametric and Nonlinear Regression Models
- Distributed Algorithms and Optimisation
- Programming with R and Python
- Deep Learning and Text Mining
- Data Management and Data Warehousing
- Programming with SAS for Analytics
- Applied Data Analytics
- Programming with Hadoop and Spark
- Certification in Research Methodology
- Candidates will be required to access the application form online by visiting the institution’s official website. They must submit the duly completed forms (together with attested academic certificates and identification documents) within the stipulated deadline.
- An admission panel at Manipal will shortlist qualified candidates and invite them for a physical interview.
- Admission to the programme will be based on merit rank obtained in personal interviews & entrance examinations.
- Other considerations include valid work experience and academic credentials (with a bias on the scores of Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Statistics).
- Successful candidates will be intimated. They will be required to pay the first instalment of the programme fee to reserve their seat.
This programme is designed to offer strong methodological foundations in using data to make crucial decisions. It integrates classroom and online sessions, which provides multiple avenues for students to acquire knowledge. Students can access online live lectures, recorded lectures, and a digital library. Additionally, the institution organises seminars and podcasts where students interact with professionals/experts.
Lecturers evaluate students using different approaches such as continuous assessment tests, assignments, group discussions, and end-of-term examinations. The institution recommends a summer internship to enable the students to get hands-on experience in solving real industry problems. Students will also be required to undertake a project (research, report writing, and viva-voce presentation).
- Prospective candidates are required to have a BSC. Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science or BE/B. Tech/BCA with at least 60% aggregate marks (or equivalent grade) from a UGC-recognised university.
- Candidates with any other degree with at least 2 years of learning Statistics or Mathematics will be considered.
- Candidates must possess basic knowledge of programming.
The total programme fee is Rs. 3,30,000/- (for Indian students) and US$ 8,800/ Rs. 6,55,556 (for international students). It is payable through the institution’s online payment gateway service offered jointly by ICICI Bank and the payment gateway provider. Here is the breakdown of the installment fee payment option:
|Installment||Local Students||INR/International Students|
|1st Instalment||Rs. 1,70,000 (including Rs. 10,000 refundable caution deposit||US$ 4,500/ Rs. 3,35,166 (including US$20/ Rs. 1,490 refundable caution deposit)|
|2nd Instalment||Rs. 1,60,000||US$ 4,300/ Rs. 3,20,390|
|Total||Rs. 3,30,000/-||US$ 8,800/ Rs. 6,55,556|
|Last Date of Applications||July 10|
|Commencement of lessons||To be determined|
Students can apply for an education loan through Vidya Lakshmi Portal. The institution has partnered with Canara Bank, ICICI Bank, and State Bank of India to offer various loan schemes. Applicants can view and track their loans anytime, anywhere by logging into the portal.
Manipal offers scholarships to meritocratic and needy students. Qualified candidates will be required to apply through the institution’s website and specify their preferred type of scholarship.
This programme comprises students from different backgrounds. A majority of the participants have IT and Computer Science backgrounds. Additionally, the majority of the batches comprise more men than women (> 65%). Approximately 45% of the students have more than 5 years of working experience from different industries ranging from Manufacturing, Consultancy, Finance & Banking, and Healthcare.
Manipal offers placement assistance to all its qualifying students. It boasts of many industry-academic collaborations that boost the placement success rate. Additionally, the institution trains students on resume writing, preparing them to take up careers as data scientists and researchers.
MSc Data Science graduates work in roles such as data scientists, business analysts, consultants, data analysts, and data security experts. The programme boasts of more than 90% placement success. Some of the organisations that offer jobs to Manipal graduates include TATA Ltd, Google, Deloitte, ICICI Bank, Reliance Industries, and Rajesh Exports.
Accreditation and Ranking for Manipal University
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) has been ranked the best private university in India by NIRF, Education World, and Indian Today. It is recognized by UGC and certified by ISO 14001:2004.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is a data scientist’s salary in India?
Ans: Rs 9-15 Lakhs annually. Data scientists are among the most sought-after professionals in India. With the growth of technology, more and more organizations are collecting data from their clients. As such, they need professionals to format the data in a way that can boost decision-making processes. You can learn more about data scientist salaries in India here.
Q2: Is MSc in Data Science programme from Manipal good?
Ans: Yes, Manipal is one of the accredited institutions to offer tech and data-related programmes. It boasts of top-notch infrastructure that helps students to get hands-on skills in data handling, storage, and security. Additionally, the institution helps students with placements and a majority of them get jobs in companies such as Fractal, Capgemini, Wipro, and Amazon.
Q3: Which payment gateways does Manipal have for Data Science students?
Ans: Manipal allows students to pay the fee in installments. The fee is payable through Credit Cards, Debit Cards, or through a Demand Draft drawn in favor of Manipal Academy of Higher Education and payable at Karnataka, India.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Manipal University Data Science Quora
Manipal Academy of Higher Learning (MAHE) is a private institution that has carved a place in the Indian education ecosystem. One of its leading programmes is MSc in Data Science. Many education enthusiasts have tried to find answers regarding this programme on Quora.
If you need comprehensive information on Manipal Data Science, then this article is for you. It provides eligibility, admission, fee, and accreditation details.
- Official Website: https://manipal.edu/
- State: Karnataka, India
- Prospectus Link: You can click here for the prospectus link.
Other Courses Offered at Manipal University
|Other Courses Offered at Manipal University||Details|
|1. Master of Science in Biostatistics||
|2. Master of Science in Digital Epidemiology||
|3. Certificate Course in Biostatistics, Epidemiology & Research Methodology||
Other Articles You Might Like
- PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics JNU
- Jagannath University Business Analytics
- GCU Data Science Admission
- GIM PGDM BDA Placements
- IIDT Tirupati Data Science
Image Credit: David Pupaza