MICA (ACPMRDA) Advanced Certificate Program in Market Research & Data Analytics
|MICA Data Analytics||Details|
|Course offered||Advanced Certificate Program in Market Research & Data Analytics|
|Stream||Introduction to Multivariate Data Analytics, Spreadsheet Modelling, etc.|
|Fee of course (INR)||100,000|
|Accreditation||AICTE & NBA|
|Work ex required||No|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 system)|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
MICA is a Premier Management School for Marketing, Communication, and Creativity. Established in 1991, MICA is an autonomous, non-profit institution offering a wide range of academic programmes. They currently provide their students with:
- PGDM-C: Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications
- PGDM: Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGCP-CCC: Post Graduate Certificate Program in Crafting Creative Communication
- FPM: Fellow Programme in Management
MICA institute along with their experience in the field of education have made sure to adapt along with the change of time & thus improving-adapting their syllabus & academic structure. If you wish to learn more you could also check out this Wikipedia Link
When the world’s biggest superpowers are running after this word “Data” we can undoubtedly say that Now “Data” is the new word for “Power”. From small startup cabins to the biggest in the league, “Data” is required to make them narrate the past present & future of the company but, to reach perfect data their needs to be APT Market research. Research that decodes those turfs in the graph that others are not able to comprehend & that is exactly where this course.
Advanced Certificate in Market Research & Data Analytics comes into the picture
You learn with Hands-on experience on How to follow this process of 1st conducting proper market research & then understanding how the results can be used in your favour. These generated options & strategies are then used by the respective company/team to better plan their upcoming session. Its uses are enormous i.e. from client meetings to marketing campaigns
Let us try to simply understand the course structure. It is divided into these 8 sub-parts. The 1st four deal with the early stages of the career that you are training for, these include:
- Introduction to Market Research & Business Analytics
- (Is divided into 4 sub-courses & it is recommended that you stay focused in all of these as they hold some of the key basic bullets that are required for the next topics) These 4 are –
- A Descriptive Analytics
- Introduction to Probability & Probability Distributions
- Introduction to Basic Inference
- Introduction to Advanced Inference
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Introduction to Multivariate Data Analytics
Now, once a student has understood the basic foundations of this specialization you will have a more practical & hands-on experience with your remaining topics. There will be more Market-Strategies & mainly the focus will be on how to take the steps into Data Analysis. The next 4 are:
- Time Series Models in Business
- Machine Learning Techniques: Supervised & Unsupervised Learning Techniques
- Introduction to Prescriptive Analytics
- Emerging Trends in Market Research
It has been clearly suggested by Alumni
It is a Part-Time course & allows students to continue their respective jobs without any issues.
MICA holds accreditations by
- AICTE – All India Council for Technical Education
- NBA – National Board of Accreditation
Students can complete their courses in just 11 months.
Admission Process & Eligibility Criteria
- Admission to ACPMRDA will require a Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 system) or any equivalent in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- If you are appearing towards your final examinations towards any bachelor’s degree (or any other equivalent) are also eligible.
- MICA also adds something more for you. If you demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and/or conceiving ideas that really prove worthy in the field of business, you can actually improve your chances of being selected as MICA gives a preference to the students who take this course as a passion, not just a degree.
- Now if you wish to know more about the Admission Process please do feel free to connect with our team. We understand that every small doubt can make a huge difference in choosing the right college for your team :)
The core study will be obviously done via Live Lectures & this will be proceeding via a step-by-step approach wherein the beginning you will understand theoretical concepts which will then be followed by case studies.
Later in the course, you will be having a hands-on approach. Students will also be learning SPSS & SAS, including writing SAS code.
Periodical Assessments & Assignments are conducted on a regular basis to make sure that the students are up-date with the concepts which are being taught.
If you wish to pursue this course then the total fee is INR 1,00,000/- + GST and If you are an International Student then it is USD 2,200/-
Below is the division of your respective amounts:
|MICA Data Analytics Fee||Details|
|Term 1 (During Registration)||Rs. 30,000/- + Tax / USD 700|
|Term 2||Rs. 20,000/- + Tax / USD 400|
|Term 3||Rs. 20,000/- + Tax / USD 400|
|Term 4||Rs. 25,000/- + Tax / USD 550|
The institution has clearly mentioned that Post Dated Checks are mandatory.
Loan / Scholarships
Team MICA does believe in providing their deserving students with appreciating Scholarships & ease of Loans. They are solely based on a student’s overall academic performance & their family income. Scholarships can amount up to 25% of the annual fees per student in their respective programmes.
They currently state to be having special ease-provisions for
- PGDM & their 1-year course
Students belonging from the below fields are generally the core strength of the DA&V batch:
If you are a student who has a deep interest in
- Analyzing Plans or Strategies,
- Curious about Solving a Given Issue by using the Data In-Hand
- & are eager to understand new technologies
Then this is an apt course for you!
MICA makes sure to provide their students with various work opportunities on
- Live Projects
Along with this MICA also hosts a number of Strategical Tests to make sure that the students are up to date with the different types of Placement Tactics that Companies generally use. You can also find a detailed overview of Placements of Batches 2017-18 … 2022-22 by going over the provided PDF’s
Students who pursued Data Analytics and Visualisations have a strong recommendation towards the below Graduate Courses which are available at MICA:
- Business of Art & Design
- Product Management
- UX Design
If you wish to know more about various other career opportunities at MICA, click here
Recognition & Awards
MICA has won tons of Prestigious Awards. Not just that even the faculty members of MICA have bagged many achievements in their arsenal. A few of them are –
- 1st at IBDA Award for Creativity in Dubai
- 1st at IIMA’s Annual MarketingEvent
- L’Oreal Brandstorm 07
- AIMS International Outstanding Woman Management Researcher Award 2012 & many more…
If you wish to check the complete list of achievements please do click here
Our team here at MBAGlue provides completely FREE OF COST Education consultancy. If you wish to clear your queries regarding any of the info mentioned in this Blog all you have to do is:
MICA, Ahmedabad, Telav – Ghuma Rd, Shela, Gujarat 380058 or you can check the exact location of MICA’s Core Institution by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Does MICA promote interactions among students or will they be more focused on the class syllabus?
Ans: Faculties of MICA are instructed to always promote inter-class sessions be it offline or online classrooms. The focus is always towards a more real-world experience for the students.
Q2: If I am taking online classes what should be my approach to be recruited during placements?
Ans: For the students who are attending online sessions or are unable to come to the campus due to valid reasons the university organizes teleconferencing sessions so that they are able to approach these campuses from the comfort of their homes.
Q3: What are the various methods of recruiting students used by the companies?
Students can be recruited by:
- A two-month full-time summer internship
- Experienced / Lateral positions
- Full-time positions
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Other Articles You Might Like
- GCU Data Science
- Jagannath University Business Analytics
- Manipal University Data Science
- Data Science 360 Analytixlabs
- IvyPro School Business Analytics
Image Credit: Campaign Creators