Manonmaniam Sundaranar University Distance MBA
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University is an institution that was established in 1990.
- The school is located in Tamil Nadu, India.
- The university has 61 affiliated colleges, 5 Mano Colleges, and 1 constituent college, with 65,000 students on rolls under its jurisdiction.
- MSU is named after Professor Manonmaniam Sundaram Pillai.
- Its distance program is run by the Directorate of Distance and Continuous Education (DDCE).
- It is a Private University.
Types of Courses Offered
The following courses are offered by the Directorate:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA Marketing
- MBA Finance
- MBA Human Resources
- MBA Production
- MBA System
- MBA Yoga for Human Excellence
- All MBA courses can be completed within two years.
- Eligibility criteria for MBA Yoga for Human Excellence is a pass in any degree
- All other courses accept any degree except B. Litt
- The fee for the distance MBA program at MSU is Rs. 12,475
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University Accreditation
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University (MSU) is accredited by UGC.
- MSU offers two admission procedures: Spot admission and admission by post
- Spot Admission: MSU offers spot admission between Monday-Friday at the University Campus, Tirunelveli – 627012 and T. Hindu College, Nagercoil – 629 002.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Admission by Post: Applicants who wish to apply by post can send the completed application form via a post. The application should be addressed to ‘The Director, Directorate of Distance & Continuing Education, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli – 627012, Tamil Nadu and the directorate will post decisions to successful applicants after verification within 15 days of receipt of the completed application form.
- Candidates can download the application form online at http://www.msuniv.ac.in/ddce/Application%20Form%20for%20Admission.pdf
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I complete the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University application online?
Ans: No. There is currently no provision for online application at MSU.
- Q2: How can I pay the application fee and what payment methods does MSU accept?
Ans: MSU accepts payment made by demand draft drawn in favor of ‘The Registrar, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli’ payable at Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu.
Candidates should ensure to write their name, application number, the reason for payment, the name of the study center as well as the course of study at the back of the demand draft.
- Q3: Why my Entrance Test and Interview result is showing “WITHHELD” status?
Ans: Entrance Test and Interview results are generally WITHHELD for want of documents like recognition certificate / Final year mark sheets / relieving order from employers, and any other relevant documentation pertaining to the eligibility.
- Q4: What is the maximum file size for uploading certificates into the admission system?
Ans: All documents compiled into a single PDF file with size not more than 2 MB.
- Q5: Does the MSU provides hostel facility to the students?
Ans: Yes, the university provides hostel accommodation to the students.
- Q6: How long will it take to get my Provisional Certificate once I have cleared my viva-voce examination?
Ans: The provisional certificate is normally issued within 15 days’ time.
- Q7: How can I obtain the university’s prospectus and application form?
Ans: Interested candidates can either obtain their prospectus online or by mail upon a payment of Rs 200 application fee.
- Q8: How much would I be charged to receive the prospectus by post?
Ans: Any candidate who wishes to obtain their prospectus by mail will be required to pay an extra Rs 50 to cater for the postage fee.
- Q9: What is the difference between academic year admission and calendar year admission for distance MBA?
Ans: The main difference between the two admission periods is the time of admission: academic year admissions take place between June and December while the calendar year admissions take place between January and May.
- Q10: Do the Manonmaniam Sundaranar University offer spot admission?
Ans: Yes, candidates can either visit the directorate of distance learning or the approved study centers for spot admission. This service is only available during weekdays.
- Q11: Will I be assured to get my favorite study center after registration?
Ans: Yes, all students are at liberty to choose their ideal study centers. However, the institution does not have any centers in Kanyakumari, Tuticorin, and Tirunelveli districts.
- Q12: Which academic services will I access from the study centers?
Ans: All study centers are equipped to enable spot admission, provision of learning materials, and facilitating personal contact programs.
- Q13: Are the personal contact programs mandatory for distance MBA students in India?
Ans: Yes, students are encouraged to attend the sessions. They’ll have the chance to interact with professionals from different sectors, seek clarifications on the course, and ask course-related questions to their instructors.
- Q14: Can I change my study center? If yes, which is the acceptable procedure to follow?
Ans: Yes, students are allowed to change their study centers for their convenience. They are required to submit a requisition letter and a demand draft for Rs 600 in favor of “The Registrar, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University” and payable at Tirunelveli. Also, the student must obtain a “No Objection Certificate” from their current study center.
- Q15: How will I get my study materials after registration?
Ans: Study materials will be available for students who have cleared their fees. They are required to collect them from their respective study centers.
- Q16: Can I be admitted to a distance MBA at Manonmaniam Sundaranar University if I discontinued my studies in a different institution?
Ans: Yes, students who have completed their first year/second year (either fail or pass) but discontinued their studies will be readmitted in the second year for the same program.
- Q17: What are the readmission requirements?
Ans: Students must come from a recognized institution to be eligible for readmission. Additionally, they must submit a transfer certificate/migration certificate and a marks statement issued by their previous institution.
- Address: Manonmaniam Sundaranar University,
- Abishekapatti, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu 627012
- Phone: 0462-2333741
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.msuniv.ac.in/
Other Related Posts for Students
- Patna University Distance MBA
- Jodhpur University Distance Learning
- Maharishi Dayanand Distance MBA
- NIMS University Distance MBA
- Panjab University Chandigarh Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Start Here
Image Credit – hopehousepress