Nalanda Open University Distance Learning
- Courses Offered
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Nalanda Open University is a state open university established in 1987. The institution is located in Patna in the Indian state of Bihar.
- Named after the famous Buddhist Nalanda, the Nalanda Open University provides education through distance and open education.
List of Courses Offered
The school offers certificate programs, intermediate programs, degree programs, postgraduate diploma programs, and postgraduate programs. Some of the courses available through the distance mode at Nalanda Open University include:
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Commerce (M. Com)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Master of Journalism & Mass Communication (MJMC)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Master’s Degree in Arts Subjects
- Master’s Degree in Science Subjects
Duration of Course
- The minimum length for the MCA program is three years
- The term of the MLIS and P.G. Diploma Courses is 1 year
- Master’s degree in Arts Subjects, Master’s degree in Science Subjects, MJMC, and M. Com, all have a duration of 2 years
- NOU fees are charged on a yearly basis
- The institution offers 25% discount for women candidates on all course fees
- Course fee for Master’s Degree in Arts and Science subjects is Rs. 3,600 per year
- Course fee for M. Com is also Rs. 3,600 per annum
- NOU charges Rs. 4,000 for MJMC
- Course fee for MCA and MLIS is Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 8,000 respectively
- Fee for a postgraduate diploma is Rs. 4,400
Nalanda Open University Accreditation
- Nalanda Open University is currently not recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) as a distance learning institution
How to Take Admission into Nalanda Open University
- NOU admission is taken offline
- Interested applicants can obtain the admission form (Annexure-A) and prospectus upon paying the sum of Rs. 350.00 via demand draft from the sales counters of the Nalanda Open University
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The sales counter opens from 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM on all working days
- Candidates can also get the form by sending the demand draft of Rs.400.00 via post. The demand draft should be drawn in favor of Nalanda Open University, Payable at Patna.
- The completed admission form and photocopies of all relevant documents should be sent to the Registrar, Nalanda Open University, 3rd Floor, Biscoumann Bhawan, Patna 800 001, Bihar
- Eligibility for Master’s Degree in Arts Subjects is a bachelor degree or its equivalent in any subject
- Master’s Degree in Science Subjects requires a bachelor degree or its equivalent in the concerned Science subject
- The eligibility requirement for MLIS is BLIS
- Eligibility criteria for MJMC is a bachelor degree or an equivalent degree in any subject or PGDJMC
- MCA requires BCA or B.Sc. (Computer Science) or any bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject
- The eligibility requirement for M. Com is a bachelor’s degree in Commerce
- P.G. Diploma Courses require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What type of University is the Nalanda Open University?
Ans 1: The Nalanda Open University is a state open university.
- Q2: Is the Nalanda Open University accredited for distance programs?
Ans 2: Yes. The Nalanda Open University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Q3: Does the university offer an MBA program in distance mode?
Ans 3: No, the university does not offer an MBA program in distance mode. However, it offers several courses in distance mode. The details of each program are mentioned above.
- Q4: What is the duration and fee of PG Diploma in Financial Management?
Ans 4: The term of the P.G. Diploma Course is 1 year and the total fee for the program is Rs. 4,400.
- Q5: What is the eligibility criteria for the M.Com program at NSOU?
Ans 5: The eligibility requirement for M. Com is a bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
- Q6: What is the procedure of obtaining the university’s prospectus and admission form?
Ans: Interested candidates can obtain the prospectus from the Directorate of Distance Education after paying Rs350. If you wish to get your admission form via post, you’ll be required to pay Rs 50 postage fee.
- Q7: Should I submit my original documents during the application process?
Ans: No, only provide attested copies of your documents.
- Q8: At what point will I be required to provide the original documents? Can I send them by post?
Ans: Candidates will only be required to provide original documents during the verification phase of the admission process. They must be physically presented and given back to the student after the verification process is complete.
- Q9: What is the fee concession policy for the university?
Ans: The university only offers tuition fee concession for PwD, SC, and ST candidates that provide all the supporting documents. Additionally, women applying for any program receive a 25% fee concession.
- Q10: Which method can I use to pay the school fees/application fees?
Ans: Candidates are required to write a demand draft in favor of Nalanda Open University, payable at Patna. On the reverse side of the draft, candidates are advised to write their name, course number, and course name.
- Q11: Will I be required to select my preferred study center during the application phase?
Ans: Yes, candidates must indicate their favorite study center. All the learning materials for the students will be available in these specific centers.
- Q12: What options do I have if I wish to change my study center?
Ans: Students can apply for a change in the study center giving detailed reasons for the same. The university reserve the right to accept or decline the request.
- Q13: Can I be allowed to pay the school fees in installments?
Ans: Yes, the fee is payable in installments payable at the beginning of each semester.
- Q14: What are the requirements for getting a hall/examination ticket?
Ans: Only students with no fee arrears will get the hall ticket.
- Q15: Which documents are required when sending the duly-completed form?
Ans: Candidates must include a demand draft for the entire fee, proof of residency, proof of birth, and academic documents.
For further information, prospective students can reach Nalanda Open University through:
- Address: NALANDA OPEN UNIVERSITY
- 2nd/3rd Floor, Biscomaun Bhawan,
- Gandhi Maidan, Patna 800 001 (BIHAR).
- Phone: 0612-2201013, 0612-2206916
- Fax: 0612-2201001
- E-mail: [email protected] [email protected]
- Website: www.nalandaopenuniversity.com, www.nou.ac.in
Other Articles You Might Like
- Bharathiar Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- Free Distance MBA Scholarship
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- Distance MBA – Start Here
Image Credit: Jonathan Daniels