NMAT – exam conducted by Narsee Monjee, a decent level B school based in Mumbai has come out with its notification. The exam is very well managed (personal experience) and unique in the manner it is conducted. It just keeps getting updated every year and this year its no different too. There would be no GD this time after the candidates are shortlisted.
Details of the Exam Are Mentioned Below –
NMAT, the entrance test to NMIMS is a 120 minute test with three sections, details as follows:
|Section||No. of Items (questions)||Allotted time|
|Language Skills||32||22 mins|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 mins|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 mins|
Features of NMAT:
- Section Order Selection
- NMAT-2013 provides candidates with a section order choice, which means candidates can choose the order of sections of NMAT-2013.
- Each of the three sections has individual section timings and candidates need to answer and review the questions of the particular section within the allotted section time.
- In case a candidate completes the section (answering & reviewing) before the section time gets over, the balance time of the given section will not get added to the next section(s). The next section has its own time limits and candidate needs to complete the section in the allotted section time.
NMAT is a mandatory admissions criterion for admission to the following programs of NMIMS:
- MBA Full Time
- NMIMS Mumbai Campus
- MBA (Banking Management)
- MBA (Capital Markets)
- MBA (Pharmaceutical Management)
- MBA (HR)
- NMIMS Mumbai Campus
- Bengaluru Campus
- Hyderabad Campus
Candidates can apply to each of these programs individually or to both of these programs together by paying the applicable fee. This ensures that candidates need to register just once for applying for both the NMIMS programs.
In addition to the above stated features, NMAT-2013 continues with some of the candidate friendly features of earlier administrations.
- 10 weeks test window – Long test window provides candidates with a convenience to choose a test date, based on their comfort level.
- Self scheduling option – Candidates have the choice to select the date and time of the test in a real time mode, based on seats availability at each of the centres.
- Choice of attempts – Candidates have an option of appearing more than once (upto three maximum attempts, including “no shows”) in NMAT-2013. This provides candidates with an opportunity that in case they are dissatisfied with their first take, they could have upto two retakes to improve their scores.
- No negative marking – This step encourages candidates taking the test to make informed guesses and not drop a question for the fear of deduction in marks. The system of no negative marking is as per global practices and psychometric principles.
- Unique question paper for every candidate – Every candidate taking NMAT-2013 will get a unique but equivalent question paper.
- Equated results – The candidate scores will be declared in a span of 4-5 weeks from exam delivery. These shall be equated to bring about parity and fairness and will help candidates know their performance in time.
The important dates for the NMAT are listed below.
|Registration||Around July||Around October|
|Late Registration||Around October||Around October|
|Scheduling||Around July||Around October|
|Rescheduling||Around July||Around December|
|Exam Delivery Window||Around October||Around December|
|Retake Scheduling||Around October||Around December|
Please like us on Facebook or Google+ using the buttons below to show your support. Much appreciated.