NMIMS Distance MBA Review, Fee, Admission, Placements
|NMIMS Distance MBA Admission 2021||Details|
|Courses offered||MBA, PGDM and Certificate|
|Specialisation||Finance, HR, Marketing etc.|
|NMIMS distance MBA Placement||Yes including career assistance|
|Eligibility||Graduates with min 50% Marks or 2 years of work ex|
|Entrance exam||Not required|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for References
- NMIMS Global Access Introduction
- Why NMIMS Distance Learning?
- Nature of Courses/ Medium
- Course Objectives
- NMIMS Distance Learning Courses
- Eligibility Criteria
- NMIMS Distance Learning MBA Fee
- Loan & Scholarships
- Batch Profile
- Important Dates
- Job Prospects
- NMIMS Distance Learning Placements
- How to Take Admission
- NMIMS Distance MBA Review
- Study Centers
- Student Testimonials
- NMIMS Distance MBA Quora
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
Narsee Monjee University Distance Learning programs are budding by leaps and bounds in the last few years due to their excellence in course material and placement support. All the programs are extremely supple and highlight self-speeded erudition.
Why NMIMS Distance Learning?
NMIMS Global Access School offers well-crafted programmes that give you an edge in the job market. Some of the NMIMS unique features include:
- 24/7 Access: Students can access live and recorded lectures anytime, anywhere.
- It has Experienced Faculty Members: NMIMS Global Access School has over 200 faculty members comprising industry leaders and academicians.
- Globally Accepted Curriculum: The institution offers programmes with well-curated curriculums that are approved by Distance Education Board (DEB)
- Easily Accessible Study Centers: The institution has study centres in different locations, allowing students to access counselling services, library, and in-person classroom lectures.
- Flexible Fee Payment: Students are provided with three payment options, thus guaranteeing flexibility.
- It has Digitised Student Portals: Students can access e-books, recorded lectures, e-library, and other study materials through their portals.
Additionally, the institution offers career development services and assistance. Students have access to placement cells where they learn necessary interview skills and interact with potential employers. The Global Access School also boasts of a widespread alumni network of more than 6000 members.
Nature of Courses/ Medium
All distance postgraduate programmes at NMIMS use a hybrid teaching approach (has both online and physical sessions). Students will choose study centres where they can undertake their in-person classes and end-of-term examinations. English is the primary teaching and evaluating language.
The 2-year programme was designed to offer skills in financial business operations and banking policies. Students get in-depth knowledge of stock markets, global economy, securities, and other crucial banking & financial management areas.
It imparts leadership skills that help in team management. Students will master operations management, economics, accounting, principles marketing, and critical thinking.
NMIMS Distance Learning Courses
NMIMS University offers a two year PGDM program. The courses include:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM)\
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- PGDBM Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade Management (PGDM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBFM)
- PGDBM Information Technology and Systems Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management (PGDM)
- PGDBM Operations Management
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM)
This program aims at offering a plethora of management potential to facilitate the candidates to dwell in middle management positions. The program proffers meticulous assignments in all the practice areas of management with information on modern management practices
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
This prominent specialised coursework aspires at training candidates for a senior management position. The program envelops an assortment of facets associated with Marketing Research, Marketing Management, and Sales & Distribution
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
This program offers insights into the fiscal facets of a business. The purpose of the program is to learn the chief decision-making aspects of the economy. The coursework offers a theoretical understanding of the speculation methods of finance.
It provides essential information required for understanding an assortment of focused areas of finance as it renders learners to the hypothesis of economic functions and finance market
4. Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
The program focuses on a range of aspects of the Human Resource Management area. It addresses the purposeful areas of HR, including the organizational enlargement and lawful issues
5. Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade Management (PGDITM)
This program has been intended particularly for those who wish to pursue a profession in International Trade Management. The program is designed to render learners to the understanding of trade in international marketing and exchange control systems in particular
6. Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBFM)
The program has been particularly planned for those who aim to pursue a career in banking and financial services. This program will enlarge students understanding of the markets and institutions of the economic sector
7. Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management (PGDSCM)
Supply chain management is a cross-functional aspect of administering the faction of raw materials into an association, positive aspects of the interior dispensation of raw materials into end products, and then the progress of end products out of the association toward the customers.
The program gives the erudition for the understanding of various aspects and how to implement the same.
For Post Graduate Programs
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any recognised University or equivalent degree recognised by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with minimum 50% marks at Graduation Level OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any recognised University or equivalent degree recognised by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with minimum 2 years of work experience
Lateral Entry for PG Diploma
Applicants who hold the Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent degree from any recognised university with not less than 50 percent marks or Bachelors Degree / equivalent degree from any recognized university with 2 yrs Work experience along with Diploma awarded by SVKM`s NMIMS will be allowed to take admission directly to the second year of Post Graduate Diploma Programs in the respective specialization only.
The duration is two years for an MBA course at NMIMS University.
NMIMS Distance Learning MBA Fee Structure 2021
|Program||NMIMS Distance MBA Fees 2021 (INR)|
All NMIMS postgraduate programmes have a flexible fee structure payable using any of the following options:
- Option 1: One-off payment of Rs. 86,000 and an admission fee of Rs. 1,200
- Option 2: Annual payment (Rs. 47,000 per year) and an admission processing fee of Rs. 1,200
- Option 3: Rs. 25, 000 per semester for four semesters plus an admission processing of Rs. 1,200
- Students will be required to pay Rs. 600 examination fee per subject. Additionally, an initial Rs 5,000 of the total fee will be collected during registration. The fee is payable via Demand Draft drawn in favor of SVKM’s NMIMS and payable at Mumbai. Members of the Armed Forces will receive a 20% concession on the total programme fee.
- The university offers a 20% concession of the program fee to the armed forces.
- The above-mentioned fee structure is subject to change at university discretion.
- More details on fees could be located here.
Loan & Scholarships
NMIMS does not offer scholarships to distance learning students. However, the students can apply for educational loan facilities even without a credit card. Alternatively, they can get an EMI loan facility (3,6,9,12 months) via credit cards of ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, Citi Bank, HSBC Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Most of the students have substantive business knowledge, with academic qualifications ranging from B.com to B.Tech. They come from different industries, including manufacturing, auto/auto chip, IT, real estate/ construction, and consumer durable. Additionally, most students have 5-10 years of work experience and are aged between 26 to 40 years.
NMIMS distance learning programmes utilize its state-of-the-art virtual facilities. Students will use their portals to access recorded lectures, a digital library, assignments, and other learning materials.
However, students must also attend in-person classrooms and counseling sessions from their designated study centre. Lecturers use assignments, projects, group discussion reports, assessment tests, and end-of-term examinations to evaluate students.
New/Lateral Admission Schedule
|Admission Starts||11 Oct|
|Admission without late fee||11 Oct to 28 Jan|
|Admission with a late fee of Rs. 500||29 Jan to 23 Feb|
|Admission with late fees of Rs. 1,000||24 Feb to 20 Mar|
Graduates can work as supply chain analysts, supply chain managers, logistic managers, production planning managers, and purchase & procurement managers.
Most students get placements before they graduate since the institution has a rigorous placement process that involves hiring partners such as Essel Extraordinary Packaging, Helix Tech, India Mart, Level Engineering, Trans Asia Group, and VIVO India.
Narsee Monjee has proved its mettle in providing placements after completion of the course. It has partnered with 50+ startups and MNCs in India for job opportunities. The companies as listed per NMIMS distance learning MBA website (including but not limited to) are:
- Bajaj Electricals
- Helix Tech
- Cafe Coffee Day
- Vivo India
- Zalaris India
How to Take Admission
Candidates interested in any postgraduate programme from NMIMS should obtain an application form from their official website.
They should fill-in all the details required and pay the admission processing fee in time. Duly completed forms should be accompanied by all academic documents, photo identity, passport-size photo, and work experience document (if available).
The candidate’s designated Authorised Enrolment Partner will verify these documents before uploading them to the system. After submitting, candidates will be required to pay the fee online or via a Demand Draft in favor of SVKM’s NMIMs and payable at Mumbai.
Once the candidates complete these stages, their admission will be confirmed, and they will get an approved student number for student portal activation.
- The candidate is shortlisted on the basis of their NMAT score.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for Case Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Final selection
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
List of Documents to be produced:
- Online Application & Payment Advice Form
- Degree Mark sheet & Certificate
- Work Experience Certificate: 2 yrs (if applicable)
- AIU Certificate (for Foreign University only)
- Photo ID Proof
- Stamp size 2 Photographs
- Free Admission Help Available
NMIMS was ranked among the top 25 B-schools by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), 2020. It is accredited by UGC and NAAC. Its distance learning subsidiary (Global Access School for Continuing Education) is recognized by the Distance Education Board (DEB).
NMIMS Distance MBA Review – Is it worth doing a distance MBA from Narsee Monjee?
Distance Learning Institute in India at CSR Awards for Excellence. Additionally, the stellar course material, placement opportunities, career assistance program, and online teaching/ query resolution support makes it all the more lucrative option as compared with other distance MBA colleges. The fees of this program are quite affordable too.
- Karnavati Education Society, Ahmedabad
- SVKM’s NMIMS- Bangalore Campus, Bangalore
- SVKM’s NMIMS – Hyderabad
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Delhi Institute of Management and Services, New Delhi
- Annex College of Management Studies, Kolkata
“Ever since I have joined I have always been on my toes and I realize that I have gotten better at marketing and tasking skills. Along with that, I think there is great exposure to many national levels of competition and various fields. Along with that, I think the most value-added factor here at NMIMS is that the teachers take you through a case study system of learning and you are required to apply theory to practical situations. So, I think that way I am benefited a lot from the course and what it has to offer to me as a student, and looking forward to the corporate side of things. So, there is another year coming through and I am looking forward to it very much.”
Manjusha Bopana, MBA Law (1st Year)
“This course is the 1st of its kind in India, the counterpart of this course is in Harvard Business School right now. So, this course is the amalgamation of both legal subjects and management subjects. So, all the management colleges, they teach management only, but when you go into an industry, you need to be a legal adviser also to the managers and to the top management level. So, this course is a bridge between those two things, how a manager can use their legal advice for the growth of the company basically. Apart from that, I would say that NMIMS School uses Harvard Business cases which gives us a lot of opportunities and exposure to those particular cases which are happening in the US, Europe, and all. So, that’s exposure for international markets sitting in India only. And also NMIMS being one of the top colleges in India. It has a lot of cultural events going on, a lot of painting events for solo singles and all. So, all in all, it was a very nice experience and a lot of teachings it has given to me as a student of NMIMS MBA Law.”
Riddhi Nim, MBA Law (2nd Year)
Frequently Asked Question
Q1: What is the ranking of NMIMS University among all other universities?
Ans: The NMIIMS university ranked in the top 10 universities. I think it’s a great rating.
Q2: Which programs are offered in NMIMS Correspondence MBA programs?
Ans: As stated above, the University offered two years of MBA program with different specialisation.
Q4: What is the Admission process in the NMIMS Correspondence MBA program?
Ans: The full Admission procedure as stated above in this post. For further information regarding admission, you can go with Free Admission Help Available.
Q5: Is the Admission fee at the NMIMS MBA program affordable?
Ans: The first-year fee is 34000 with an admission fee of 1,200 Non-Refundable.
Q6: What are the placements of NMIMS Correspondence MBA?
Ans: After completing an MBA from NMIMS Distance Learning program the candidate can apply for a job in various sectors like Finance, Marketing, HR, Accounting, Risk Management, etc. The candidate can also apply for the government job on the basis of the NMIMS Distance Learning MBA.
Q7: Is NMIMS distance MBA approved by UGC?
Ans: Yes, the program is approved by UGC and awarded category 1 by NAAC
Q8: What is the difference between NMIMS distance MBA and NMIMS Executive MBA?
Ans: NMIMS Executive MBA targets working professionals with more than 5 years of work experience. Additionally, the executive program is more expensive than the regular distance MBA
Q9: Does the NMIMS distance MBA have a DEB recognition?
Ans: Yes, the Distance Education Bureau (DEB) has approved the program. Additionally, the AIU recognises the program making it marketable anywhere in the world
Q10: Does Narsee Monjee provide placement for distance MBA graduates?
Ans: Yes, the institution offers career services which include job support services. Some of the placement partners include Verizon, Indigo, and Mahindra Electrics.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
NMIMS Distance MBA Quora
NMIMS is one of the best management institutions in India. It draws a lot of interest in Quora as prospective candidates seek its accreditation, authenticity, recognition by employers, and international acceptability.
This article offers all the details about NMIMS Distance MBA, including accreditation, recognitions, eligibility criteria, admissions (including lateral admission), important dates, and an overview of all the distance postgraduate programmes offered by NMIMS. Additionally, this article includes answers to some of the most sought-after answers regarding the programme in an in-depth FAQ section.
- SVKM’s NMIMS (Deemed to be University)
- V. L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle, West
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Pin Code – 400 056
Other Related Posts for Students
- Cheapest Distance MBA
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- IGNOU Distance MBA
- Bharathiar Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit: Hardik Joshi