NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai was established in 1981. The private institution is named after business guru Shri Narsee Monjee.
- It is recognized as one of the best B-schools in India. It specializes in business courses to produce highly-skilled entrepreneurs and managers.
- The institution has campuses in different areas including Indore, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Dhule, and Navi Mumbai.
- It offers a two-year MBA program that is accredited by AICTE.
Courses and Duration
- NMIMS MBA is a full-time program that takes two years to complete. Students must cover six trimesters over the 2 years program.
- All students must take all the core courses offered in the first year. Also, the institution offers Spanish, German, and French lessons to enable students to handle international careers competently.
- The institution has a state-of-the-art communication laboratory equipped with computers and cassettes. This improves students’ communication skills significantly.
- During the second year of study, students are allowed to specialize in a maximum of two areas of interest. The fields of specialization include Human Resource Management, Marketing, Operations Management, Economics, Finance, and Decision-Making Science.
- Lecturers and instructors use varied methods of teaching such as annual seminars, personality development workshops, guest lectures, assignments, personal growth lab, and psychological profiling.
- All students must attend a summer internship program.
- Students are required to conduct a research study on an area of interest and present a project report. The research must identify an existing problem and make recommendations to resolve it.
- NMIMS utilizes exchange programs to enlighten MBA students on various aspects of the international business environment. It has links with ESC ROUEN, ESSCA, and the University of EUROMED Marseille.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an institution recognized by UGC or approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Prospective candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA. SC/ST must have 45% marks or 4.5 CGPA on a scale of 10.
- Candidates from universities that apply the Grade Point Average evaluation technique must present a letter from the university showing the students’ equivalent percentage for the CGPA.
- All candidates must be registered for NMAT by GMAC. They are required to obtain marks that meet the cutoff points for the institution.
- Students in the final year are eligible. Such candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their latest examination.
- Work experience is an added advantage but not compulsory.
- After the reception of application forms, the admission panel selects the candidates that meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the “eligibility section” above.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Based on the NMAT by GMAC results, the panel shortlists the best candidates to progress to the next stage.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend personal interviews at designated centers.
- Candidates are exposed to group discussions and written ability test to evaluate their writing and communication skills.
- Based on the scores obtained in every stage, the admission panel selects the candidates to progress to the final selection process.
- To determine the final list of prospective MBA students, the panel considers academic achievements, work experience, and extracurricular activities. Work experience below 6 months is not considered.
- Successful candidates are notified of their admission status through the email address provided during the registration process. They are required to accept the offer within a stipulated period failure, a failure that may lead to revocation.
- The university is accredited by AACSB
- NAAC-accredited with a GPA of 3.59 and Grade A+ in the 3rd cycle
- Ranked 20th best management school in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework
- Ranked 12th best B-school in India by Business Today
- The total fee for MBA is INR 4, 63,000/ per annum
- Students who reside in the hostels are required to pay an extra Rs 60,000 per annum
- The fee can be paid per semester. However, the tuition must be cleared during registration
- The institution offers scholarship opportunities for needy and intelligent students
- NMIMS School of Business Management has continued to register high placement success. It achieves approximately 98% placement for its MBA graduates.
- Approximately 179 companies participate in the placement. These organizations come from different sectors including Finance & Banking, Manufacturing, Service, and Consultancy.
- The highest stipend for MBA students is approximately INR 3, 00, 000 with the average being INR 1, 00, 000.
- MBA graduates get introductory offers between Rs 6 Lakhs and Rs 35 lakhs annually.
- High-pay graduates can get offers of up to Rs 50 lakhs from international organizations.
- The salary for MBA graduates can increase to an average of Rs 20 lakhs within 2 years of their professional lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the medium of instruction at NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai?
Ans: English is the official language of communication during the admission process. Additionally, the medium of instruction during training is strictly English.
- Q2: How will I know whether I’ve been admitted to the MBA program?
Ans: You will receive a letter of offer from the registrar. Also, your application status is always available on the institution’s admission portal.
- Can I apply for MBA and MBA HR at the same time?
Ans: Yes, you can apply to more than one program. However, the programs will be considered separately and you’ll be required to fill in two separate application forms as well as pay the application fee twice.
- Q3: What are the career options after taking an MBA?
bAn MBA offers various career options in different fields including consultancy, agri-business management, marketing, retail management, finance, operations management, human resource management, and international business.
- Q4: What specialization should I take?
Ans: When selecting your area of specialization, you should always consider your interests, available resources, and capabilities. The primary goal is to specialize in your favorite field.
If you have any inquiry regarding the programs offered at NMIMS School of Business Management, you shouldn’t hesitate to write to the institution’s representative using the address below:
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies,
- Deemed to be University (as per UGC Norms),
- School of Business Management,
- L. Mehta Road,
- Vile Parle (West),
- Mumbai – 400 056. India.
- Tel.: +91 – 22 – 4235 5555
- Also, you can visit the institution’s official website http://www.nmims.edu for more detailed information.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi MBA
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration MBA Program
- PSG College of Technology MBA Program
- Fore College of Management MBA Program
- SIBM Pune MBA Program
Image Credit: Piyush Wadhwa