North Orissa University Distance Education – Courses, Fee Details, and More
- Courses Available
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- NOU is a Baripada-based institution of learning that was established in 1998 by the government.
- The school has a section that is dedicated to its provision of higher education through the distance mode. North Orissa University’s distance learning program is run by the Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education.
- NOU has two campuses. One is located in Baripada, while the other is in Kendujhar.
- North Orissa University is a State University.
Type of Courses
The courses offered by NOU through the distance mode include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Application (MCA)
- P.G. Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- M.A. in Economics
- M.A. in Education
- M.A. in English
- M.A. in History
- M.A. in Odia
- M.A. in PMIR
- M.A. in Political Science
- M.A. in Sanskrit
- M.A. in Sociology
- M.A./M.Sc. in Anthropology
- Save for PGDCA and MCA, all courses can be completed within two years (four semesters). MCA requires three years (six semesters) to complete, while PGDCA takes one year (two semesters) to complete.
Eligibility Requirements for Distance Learning
- The eligibility requirement for MA in Education is a bachelor of education. MA in Political science requires graduation in any stream with Political Science as a subject.
- Likewise, MA in Sanskrit needs you to be a graduate in any stream with Sanskrit as a subject.
- MCA requires graduation in any stream with mathematics at +2 level.
- Outside of the aforementioned courses, all other programs require you to have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
North Orissa University Accreditation
NOU is accredited with “B+ Grade” by the National Assessment Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Fee Structure for Distance Learning
The fee for distance learning at NOU is paid on a semester basis. Except for MCA and PGDCA, all courses require four semesters to complete. MCA requires six, while PGDCA requires just two.
Besides the program fees, applicants will also be required to make a one-time payment of a non-refundable sum of Rs. 250 toward the University-Corpus Fund. In addition, the sum of Rs. 1000 will be paid for examination.
How to Take Admission
- To enroll for the distance learning course at NOU, candidates should download the application form and information brochure from the school’s website at www.nou.nic.in.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- After that, fill and submit the form to your preferred study center. The form should be submitted along with a compulsory payment of Rs. 400.
- The total fee amount shall be paid by the Center in the form of a bank draft sent in favor of the Comptroller of Finance, North Orissa University in any nationalized bank payable at Baripada
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How long does it take to complete a correspondence MBA at North Orissa University Distance Education?
Ans: MBA can be completed in 2 years for distance learning at North Orissa University.
- Q2: Is North Orissa University is the best institute to pursue distance MBA?
Ans: Totally depends on your situation. The university is accredited with grade B+ by (NAAC). I think it would be good to consider North Orissa University for Distance MBA.
- Q3: How much does it cost to do distance MBA at North Orissa University?
Ans: The total fee per semester is Rs. 12,500. There are a total of four semesters in the distance MBA program.
- Q4: Is the University accredited by UGC?
Ans: Yes, An accreditation proof is attached above.
- Q5: What are the other courses offered at North Orissa University Distance Education?
Ans: The other courses offered at North Orissa University are MCA and PGD in Computer Application and several courses for M.A. The details of each course are mention above.
- Q6: What is the eligibility criteria for admission in the MBA program?
Ans: You must have a Bachelor’s degree to get admission to the MBA program in distance mode.
- Q7: How long will the personal contact program last?
Ans: PCP takes 48 hours for each semester
- Q8: At what point will I be required to submit my original documents?
Ans: Candidates are required to submit their documents for verification on their admission day. You should never send original documents through any other forum.
- Q9: What are the requirements of getting an enrollment number and an identity card?
Ans: The Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education (DDCE) will issue the enrollment number to all students immediately after completing their admission process. The identity card will be issued by the respective study centre at a later date.
- Q10: At what point am I expected to choose my study centre?
Ans: Candidates are expected to choose a study centre during the application process. All the interviews and the admission process take place at these centres.
- Q11: Can I change my study centre?
Ans: Yes, students are allowed to apply for a change in their study centre.
- Q12: How will I get my hardcopy learning materials?
Ans: Immediately after registration, student’s learning material will be available at their respective study centres. Also, the materials can be sent by post.
- Q13: Which e-learning facilities are available for distance MBA students?
Ans: Distance MBA students get access to a fully-digitized library, online assessment portal, and recorded lectures, and online messaging system.
- Q14: Will I be required to fill up the examination form during the time of admission?
Ans: Yes, all students must submit a duly-completed examination form during their admission day. A requisite fee of Rs 1000 is required.
- Q15: Are international students eligible to apply for the distance MBA program?
Ans: Yes, the program is open to international students.
- Q16: How will I be expected to pay the school fees and the application fees?
Ans: The fees are payable through online payment services including Net Banking, Credit Cards, or Debit Cards.
- Q17: Does the university require a CLC or a migration certificate during the admission?
Ans: No, the university does not require nor issue students with a migration certificate.
The contact information for NOU on-campus study center include:
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: 9853222919
Other Related Posts for Students
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit: Anthony DELANOIX