Samford University’s Brock School of Business Online MBA
- Courses Offered
- Cost Structure
- Admission Requirements
- Class Profile
- GMAT Requirement and Scores
- How to Apply?
- Application Timeline
- Acceptance Rate
- Accreditation Status
- Reviews and Ranking
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- The rigorous and highly recognized MBA program of Samford University’s Brock School of Business trains students for the turbulent world of business.
- It provides them with knowledge, skills, and opportunities to become better leaders and ascend in their career paths. It teaches students the necessary decision-making skills.
- Students that graduate from the program will possess cross-disciplinary knowledge, communication skills, critical thinking, and decision-making skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- The program that is offered in both online, on-campus and hybrid format is capable of providing all students with the same quality of education no matter the preferred format.
- The curriculum requirement for the MBA ranges from 36-45 credits depending on previous academic experiences. To complete a concentration as a part of the degree, students will take 39-48 credits. Students must have a 3.00 or higher cumulative GPA at the Brock School of Business to graduate or add a concentration.
- This ensures a good quality of education for the students. The massive network of alumni students manages a 2.3 million US Dollar Bulldog Fund Portfolio.
List of Courses Offered
The MBA program consists of prerequisites courses that are required unless wavered from the university. The core program consists of the following courses:
- Managerial Communications and Analysis
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Economics of Competitive Strategy
- Managerial Finance
- MIS & Communications Technology
- HR and Organization Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Operations Management
- Managing Corporate Integrity
- Strategic Management
- 3 MBA Elective 3 MBA Elective 3 Optional MBA Elective
- Most enrolled students graduate within two years of enrolling in the Online MBA program. The three-year graduation rate for 2016-2017 is 69%.
- The cost to attend the program is $837 per credit hour. The complete cost of the program would be just over $30.000.
- The university offers financial aid in the form of loans and scholarships while graduate assistantships are not offered. Students with a GMAT of over 550 are considered for institutional financial aid.
- Academic background: Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Work Experience: No work experience required for admissions
- Language: TOEFL or IELTS is required. International applicants must score at least a 90 on the TOEFL or 6.5 on the IELTS to be eligible for admission.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The gender distribution of the MBA program is 55.6% male and 44.4%, female
- The average age of newly enrolled students 28
- Minority and international students comprise 16% of students
GMAT Requirements and Scores
- GMAT or GRE is required for admissions unless waivered by the University
- A minimum GMAT score of 480 or equivalent on the GRE
- Students may contact Elizabeth Gambrell to see if you qualify for the GMAT/GRE waiver.
- The average GMAT score is 566
- The average GRE score breakdown is as follows: 157 verbal; 151 quantitative; 4 analytical writing
- To begin the application process students must use the Online application for admission
- $35 Application Fee: This non-refundable fee is payable by credit card and is waived for Samford alumni, and current Samford students, faculty or staff.
- Official GMAT or GRE Scores.
- Official Transcript(s) from all higher education institutions attended: Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the issuing institution’s seal and arrive with the seal intact. A transcript evaluation is required for international students
- Professional Resume attached to the online application
- International students must also submit Official TOEFL or IELTS Scores.
- Financial Affidavit
- International Student Application Addendum
- Fall (August start date): August 1
- Spring (January start date): January 1
- Summer (May start date): May 1
- From a total of 102 applicants, 56 were accepted with 43 new entrants. This gives the university an acceptance rate of 55% which makes it somewhat selective.
- Brock School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business” to promote their accreditation. Only 5% of business schools worldwide have this distinction.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked#68 Online MBA Ranked Nationally by U.S. News & World Report
- Accredited from the AACSB, which remains the gold standard for business school accreditation
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: How are graduate business classes offered?
Ans: M.B.A. Courses M.B.A. courses are offered online or on-campus in the evening. M.B.A. students are allowed to be strictly online or on-campus but also are allowed to take both online and on-campus courses as part of their program. We accept students to take full-time and part-time class loads. Our full-time students take a heavier course load, study during the day, and take classes in the evening or online.
Q 2: Is there out-of-state tuition charges?
Ans: The tuition is the same for in-state or out-of-state students and is $813 per credit hour.
Q 3: Do you offer assistantships to students?
Ans: At this time, Brock School of Business does not offer assistantships.
- Samford University
- Brock School of Business
- 800 Lakeshore Drive
- Birmingham, AL 35229
- Elizabeth Gambrell
Other Articles You Might Like
- Tennessee Tech University Online MBA
- University of Michigan Dearborn Online MBA
- Cleveland State University Online MBA
- Arkansas State University Online MBA
- Abilene Christian University Online MBA