Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics Online MBA
- The University of Delaware Online MBA is an AACSB-accredited program offered by the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics. The program was created with a vision of equipping graduates with a solid foundation in business proficiency. The Ph.D. qualified faculty will provide you with the skills necessary to solve today’s business challenges with innovative managerial skills.
- The program is completely online with no requirements for physical presence. With a flexible schedule, you can complete your degree between 16 months to 5 years. On top of that, the program has as many as six starts throughout the year.
List of Courses Offered
The core coursework consists of the following 9 courses at 3 credit hours each:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Fundamentals of Analytics
- Managing People, Teams and Organizations
- Economic Analysis for Business Policy
- Operations Management and Management Science
- Ethical Issues in Domestic and Global Business Environments
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Corporate Strategy
There are also two workshops with 1 credit hour each:
- Career Workshop: Emotional Intelligence and Critical Thinking
- Career Workshop: Communicating, Branding and Career Networking
In addition to the core work, there are also concentrations available. You can select as any combination of these concentrations. Each one comes with its own classes. You can choose from the following list:
- Business Analytics
- Strategic Leadership
- International Business
- With so many concentrations to offer, the total duration of your program will depend upon your selections. Selecting a single concentration will allow you to complete your degree within 44 credit hours. The average student takes around 2 and a half year to earn their degree. However, you may take as many as 5 years thanks to the flexible schedule of studies.
- A fee of $812 per credit hour is charged for all courses. This program features a lot of concentration options so the total amount of credit hours can vary a lot from student to student. However, the average cost of the whole duration of the program works out to $39,600. This program is definitely not the cheapest option around.
- The good news is that there are a lot of college-funded aid options available. It is worth noting here that most universities don’t offer aid for their online program. However, this resulted in 89% of students graduating with a debt in the year 2016-2017.
- Academic background: Candidates are expected to hold a bachelor’s degree of 4 years from any regionally accredited institution. GPA of 2.8 and above is preferred.
- Work Experience: Work experience in a managerial position is highly preferred.
- Prerequisite Coursework: Unlike most universities, UDel does not require any prerequisite coursework for their MBA program.
- Language: Candidates are required to submit an official TOEFL score of at least 100, or IELTS score of 7.5 minimum.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- With female students being the majority, the student body consists of 40.4% male and 59.6% female students.
- The graduates of UDel Online MBA program go on to earn an average salary of $90,291, which is way above the average. That’s not all. As many as 90% of the graduates found employment within their first year of graduation. The career prospects upon completion of this program making it a desirable option.
- GMAT or GRE are required for admission to the program.
- The GMAT score must not be any older than 5 years old.
- A minimum of 550 scores is required on GMAT, with no less than 50% in any category.
- GMAT can be waived for candidates that hold a master’s degree or higher.
- GMAT can also be waived for candidates with at least 4 years of professional work experience along with a minimum GPA of 2.8. A review of the entire application will also be made to ensure writing and English proficiency.
- The applications can be made on the official website of UDel at https://grad-admissions.udel.edu/apply/.
- You need to register for an account to apply. Instructions are provided to help you guide through the procedure. There is a $50 application fee. However, this fee can be waived for students with a GMAT score of 600 and above. The same goes for those who scored at least 310 on the GRE.
Following are the three entry points offered by the University of Delaware:
- Fall Admission: · Applications can be submitted from the 1st of June.
- Spring Admission: Applications can be submitted from the 15th of November.
- Summer Admission: Applications can be submitted from the 1st of May.
- About 117 out of the 185 full-time applications got accepted into the program. This means that only 63% of the applications were successful. Following that, around 70% of the accepted candidates went on with their enrollment.
- The University of Delaware and it’s Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics programs are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). Select Lerner College business and accounting programs are accredited by AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). The University of Delaware is also designated as the highest research activity institution by the Carnegie Foundation on Higher Education.
- The college received initial business accreditation in 1966.
- Lerner received separate accreditation for accounting in 1984, putting Lerner in an elite group of fewer than 200 schools that maintain separate accounting accreditation.
- Reference: https://lerner.udel.edu/why-lerner/accreditation/
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 22 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2018.
- Ranked No. 21 in Global Online MBA Programs by CEO Magazine in 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
Ans 1: You can request a waiver for GMAT if you hold a terminal degree in your field. You may also apply for a waiver if you have 4 years of management experience post-undergraduate degree and a minimum GPA of 2.8 among other requirements. You can fill out a form on the official website to inquire further.
Q 2: Is there a minimum GMAT score?
Ans 2: All candidates must score 550 points on the GMAT exam with at least 50% grades in each category.
Q 3: How long does it take to complete this program?
Ans 3: You can complete this program in as few as 16 months. However, you are at full liberty to finish it at any pace you prefer.
Q 4: Are there any veteran benefits?
Ans 4: Both active military members and veterans alike are eligible for a 15% scholarship discount.
Q 5: Does the program require any on-site presence?
Ans 5: This program is a 100% online program. All coursework will be handled through the internet. As such, there is no requirement for you to be present on campus.
- 234 Hullihen Hall
- Newark, DE 19716 USA
- General: (302) 831-6824
- Admissions: (302) 831-2129
- Fax: (302) 831-8745