University of Tennessee Online MBA
The University of Tennessee is a SACSCOC regionally accredited institution. With its gold standard of national rankings, this institute has been very successful in attracting the top professionals looking to advance their careers.
The UT Martin Online MBA program was made specifically for full-time working professionals who do not have the time to attend a traditional on-campus program. With all the lectures delivered online, you can get a Master’s in Business Administration from a prestigious university in the US without leaving your home country. If this sounds like you, then scroll down to read more about it.
- Academic background: A bachelor’s degree from any regionally accredited institution is mandatory. GPA of 3 and above is preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years of work experience is required.
- Language: All international students have to take the TOEFL language test. A minimum score of 525 on the paper-based and 71 on the internet-based test is necessary.
The cost per credit for in-state students is $516 per credit hour, with a total of $19,608 for the whole program. The cost for out-of-state students is slightly higher at $567 per credit hour. This works out to a total of $21,546 for the entire duration of the program.
Financial aid is available. However, international students do not qualify for it. Only 25% of the alumni graduated with debt in their name. The average debt for 2016-2017 students was $27,548.
Class Profile and Potential Salary
- The student body is divided with a 62% male and 38% female population.
- The average age of successful applicants is 35 years.
- Only 1% of all students are international. This is very low compared to other programs.
- The average salary of UT Martin Online MBA alumni stands at $65,000.
- Graduate Management Admissions Test is the standard entrance test.
- The minimum acceptable GMAT score is 450.
- In order to qualify for the unconditional admission, your GPA multiplied by 200 plus your GMAT score should equal to a score of 1050 or more.
- If you hold a Master’s degree in any other field, then you don’t have to take any admission test.
- You may also qualify for a waiver if you have 7+ years of professional business experience and your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or more.
The program is consists of 38 credit hours in total. The total duration of the program depends on your own pace. You can finish your coursework within 2-6 years. It is worth mentioning here that the average student graduates within 2 years. For every 100 students, 62 graduate within 3 years of enrollment.
Following classes make up the core coursework for your degree:
- Accounting for Managerial Decisions (ACCT 711): 4 credit hours
- Administrative Affairs (BADM 724): 3 credit hours
- Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (BLAW 711): 3 credit hours
- Managerial Economics (ECON 710): 4 credit hours
- Corporate Financial Management (FIN 710): 4 credit hours
- Organizational Theory and Design (MGT 710): 4 credit hours
- Marketing Strategy (MKTG 710): 4 credit hours
You also have to complete 9 credit hours worth of elective courses. These can be any of 700-level offered by the College of Business and Global Affairs.
You will also be required to finish a culminating course in your last semester. This is namely the Strategic Management and Business Policy (MGT 790) class worth 3 credit hours.
You can apply for admission through the official website of the University of Tennessee at http://www.utm.edu/apply.php.
For a successful application, you will be required to submit the following:
- A professional resume
- Your letters of references
- Your transcripts
- A non-refundable application fee of $60
Once you have everything, go to the above link and follow the instructions provided on the screen. Once your application is finished, it will automatically be transferred to the admissions department of the graduate school. There is no guaranteed deadline for a decision, but you will be notified of any progress on your application.
The following four entry points are available for admission:
- Fall Semester: 1st of February is the deadline.
- Spring Semester: 15th of June is the deadline.
- Summer Semester: 15th of October is the deadline.
The UT Martin Online MBA program has one of the highest acceptance rates we’ve ever seen. With an astonishing acceptance rate of 92%, 48 out of the 52 applicants got accepted into the program.
Reviews and Ranking
- Ranked No. 30 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2018.
- Ranked No. 36 in Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2017.
- Ranked No. 30 nationally by OnlineMBAReport
Frequently Asked Questions
1). Is there a minimum GMAT score?
A minimum score of 450 on GMAT is required for consideration.
2). How long does it take to complete this program?
About 62% of all students graduated within 3 years. However, you can complete this program from anywhere between 2 to 6 years.
3). Are there any veteran benefits?
Military members and veterans don’t have to pay the out-of-state fee.
4). Can I request a waiver for the GMAT requirements?
The GMAT exam can be waived for qualifying candidates. This depends on your work experience, GPA, and any degrees you might hold. Please scroll up to the “GMAT Requirements” section above to learn more about it.
5). Is financial aid available for international students?
International students do not qualify for the college-funded aid programs.