Panjab University Chandigarh Distance MBA
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Panjab University is an institution of higher learning which was established in 1882 as the University of Punjab at Lahore.
- It is ranked number one University in India and in the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters.
- Now at Chandigarh, PU is one of the top-rated universities in India both for its history and academic excellence. The University School of Open Learning manages the Panjab University’s distance program.
- It is a State University.
Types of Courses Offered
Among others, the distance section of the university offers:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- The minimum length for the MBA program offered by PU is two years (four semesters)
- Eligibility for the distance MBA program at PU is a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Having a pass mark in the final examination conducted by any of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England, or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India qualifies you for admission.
- Passing the AMIE examination with at least 50% marks after passing the diploma examination with a minimum of 60% marks and having at least five years of experience as a researcher/teacher qualifies you as eligible.
- Fee for the MBA course at Panjab University Chandigarh is paid on a semester basis.
- The total fee for the first semester is Rs. 24,442. For the second semester, students are required to pay Rs. 20,050. Rs. 23,442 for the third semester; and Rs. 20,050 for the fourth semester.
Panjab University Chandigarh Accreditation Proof
Panjab University is accredited by UGC. Here’s the screenshot:
- PU application is completed offline.
- Interested candidates can obtain the application form from the university, study center, or download it from the school’s website at http://usol.puchd.ac.in.
- The completed form should be sent along with the necessary documents and drafts to the university or study center. The draft should be made in favor of “Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh.” The draft should be drawn on the State Bank of India, Sector-14, Chandigarh
- Applicants should send drafts along with duly completed enrolment- and examination forms to the “Chairperson, University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014” via registered post or speed post.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Does the University have different standards for the various Campuses?
Ans: The University of Panjab has the same standards for Quaid-i-Azam, Allama Iqbal, Gujranwala, Khanspur and Jehlum campus.
- Q2: From where can I obtain the jobs, admission, and other forms?
Ans: All kinds of forms are available on the University of the Punjab website. Here is the link: http://pu.edu.pk/page/downloads
- Q3: Are there any scholarships available for the students of Panjab University?
- Science Group
- Arts Group
- Q4: What are the required documents for the Equivalence Form?
- Original and attested photocopy of each degree/diploma obtained with English translation, if required.
- Photocopy of transcripts year-wise duly signed & stamped by the issuing authority.
- Proof of registration for the degree/diploma (a copy of admission letter etc. be provided).
- Printed/photocopy of the syllabus from the official record of the institution conferring the degree (English version only).
- Documentary evidence of completion of studies abroad, (supported by original and a photocopy of passport with visa entries, University letter, etc.)
- Equivalence by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- A copy of Certificate of Registration of Pakistan Engineering Council/Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/Pakistan Pharmacy Council.
- Equivalence Fee (Original Bank Challan) (Non-refundable)
- Q5: What if I have to get the Degree/ Verification Certificate within 2 months, after the commencement of the result?
Ans: If the Applicant has to get the Degree/ Verification Certificate within 2 months, after the commencement of the result, he/she has to get permission from the controller office for the same.
- Q6: What is the accreditation status of Panjab University Chandigarh?
Ans: The university is accredited by UGC and the Distance Education Bureau of India.
- Q7: Which is the best avenue to access the admission form?
Ans: Interested candidates can access the admission form from the institution’s admission portal by creating a personalized account. All the details about the registration process will be communicated through the portal.
- Q8: How will I get the login details of my admission account?
Ans: The username and password will be sent to your registered email address. As such, you’re implored to always provide an accurate address.
- Q9: Will I be required to undertake an entrance exam?
Ans: Yes, all distance MBA candidates must undertake an entrance exam conducted by the institution.
- Q10: How much is the fee for the distance MBA entrance exam?
Ans: Rs 2175 for the general category and Rs 1088 for SC/ST/PwD categories.
- Q11: Can I get a refund of the distance MBA entrance fee if I am no longer interested in the program?
Ans: No, the fee once paid is not refundable.
- Q12: How will I pay my school fees for the distance MBA program?
Ans: All candidates are required to log into their admission portal and download a fee slip. They should use the slip to deposit the fee at the nearest SBI branch within 24 hours from the time of printing.
- Q13: After how long will the fee reflect on my portal?
Ans: After 24 hours, the fee will reflect and you will be allowed to complete your application process by uploading all the required documents.
- Q14: What should I do if my fee does not reflect after 24 hours?
Ans: If your fee has not been processed after 24 hours, you should write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your problem. Ensure that you include your name, date of birth, and application number.
- Q15: How do I get an admit card for my entrance examinations?
Ans: After providing all the required details, you will access the admit card using the portal. You are required to download and present it to the officials at the examination hall. Also, provide an identity proof such as a passport photo, driving license, voters card, or Aadhaar card.
- Address: University School of Open Learning,
- Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax: 01722541143
- Website: http://usol.puchd.ac.in
Other Related Posts for Students
- Bangalore University Distance Learning
- IIBM Institute of Distance Learning
- Bhagwant University Distance MBA
- NIMS University Distance MBA
- Karpagam University Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide