Punjab University, Chandighar MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Accommodation Details
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Panjab University was established in Lahore in 1882. It started as the University of Punjab but the partitioning of India led to the splitting of the university. This led to the establishment of Panjab University in Chandigarh.
- It has since developed into a robust institution with 78 teaching departments and 188 affiliated colleges.
- The institution is one of the most highly ranked management schools in India. It offers an MBA program tailor-made to produce dynamic managers and leaders.
Course and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential program. Each academic year has 2 semesters.
- All students must cover core subjects in the first year of study. This is designed to provide an overview of all the management fields.
- The syllabus incorporates emerging issues in management. They include Corporate Social Responsibility, Global Information Systems, Data Analytics, Digital Marketing, and Cyber Security.
- During the second year of study, the students are required to specialize in a maximum of 2 areas of interest. Areas of specialization include International Business Management, Human Resource Management, Economics, Finance, and Decision-Making Science.
- All students must undertake a summer internship for 8-12 weeks in an organization approved by the institution.
- Towards the end of the second year, all students are required to undertake a research project on a topic derived from areas of specialization.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any field from a university recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- All prospective candidates must have scored at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies. SC/ST candidates must have attained an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidates must provide a valid scorecard for GMAT/CAT/XAT exams.
- Candidates with AMIE scorecard must have achieved 50% aggregate marks after a diploma score of at least 60% and working experience of 5 years.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate studies are allowed to apply. However, they must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their latest exams.
- All candidates must have a pass in the final examinations conducted by the Institute of Company of Secretaries of India, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India/England, or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India/England.
- Admission to an MBA at Panjab University is a rigorous exercise involving three critical stages as follows:
- All prospective candidates must apply for an MBA through the institution’s website. Late applications will be rejected.
- During the application process, candidates must upload all the documents required.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Admission to an MBA at Panjab University is based on merit.
- After the reception of all application forms, the admission panel selects all the candidates that meet the minimum requirements.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for Group Discussions, Personal Interviews, and Writing Ability Tests. The invitations are based on the candidates’ performance on the CAT.
- Physical attendance of the GP, PI, and WAT is mandatory.
- Candidates are ranked based on the following criterion:
- Group Discussion (7.5%)
- Written Test/ CAT (85%)
- Personal Interview (7.5%)
- In the case of a tie, the candidate who scored the highest mark will rank better. Also, the admission panel may consider work experience, past academic achievements, and engagement in co-curricular activities.
Preparation of the Final List
- After the completion of the interviews, the admission panel prepares the list of qualified candidates.
- The candidates are selected strictly based on their credentials and performance in the interview process.
- Selected candidates are informed through the addresses provided during the application process and they must confirm the offer within the stipulated timelines.
- Ranked 3rd overall and 42nd best in management by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2018
- Ranked 201-250 among BRICS nations in the QS World University Rankings, 2018
- The total MBA fee is Rs 87, 984.
- It is payable in 4 installments (1st semester- Rs 24,442, 2nd semester- Rs 20,050, 3rd semester- Rs 23,442, 4th semester- Rs 20,050).
- The fee covers tuition, library charges, insurance costs, laptop, and learning materials.
- Panjab University offers scholarships to needy and intelligent students. The chances are limited and are offered based on the applicants’ financial situation and academic excellence.
- Panjab University offers accommodation to students. However, the hostels are limited and offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
- General students are required to pay a monthly fee of Rs 375 and Rs 355 per month for SC and ST students.
- Students may incur a parking charge of Rs 70/- per month for a two-wheeler or Rs 200/- per month for a car.
- Panjab University achieves 95-98% placement success with over 100 organizations participating in the exercise.
- MBA candidates are placed in different sectors including pharmaceutical, processing, service delivery, automotive, finance & banking, and technology.
- The highest placement salary for MBA graduates is Rs 24 Lakhs annually and Rs 35 Lakhs annually for international offers.
- The average placement salary is Rs 12 lakhs annually with the top 50% getting an average of Rs 16 Lakhs annually.
- MBA is one of the courses with the highest returns on investment. Most graduates introductory offers of up to Rs 14 Lakhs annually. On average, MBA graduates earn Rs 12 lakhs with the potential of a rise to Rs 35 Lakhs within a few years of professional duties.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I get a scholarship for an MBA program at Panjab University?
Yes, the institution offers the scholarship to students who get 80% aggregate marks of the entire course. It gives a concession of 25% of the school fees.
Also, needy and intelligent students are offered scholarships upon application. However, all prospective students must first register by paying the tuition fee to be eligible for the program.
- Q2: Should I send my original academic documents during the application process?
Ans: No. You will only upload a scanned copy of what is requested through the online application portal. If the panel needs the original copies, they will ask for them as you advance through the interview process.
- Q3: Can I apply for two different programs?
Ans: Yes, you can apply for an MBA and any other program. However, you will be required to pay the application fee twice since the two applications are considered separately.
- Q4: Is work experience mandatory when applying for an MBA at Panjab University?
Ans: No, the program is designed to accommodate both the candidates with working experience and those without.
- Q5: How will I pay the application fee?
Ans: Application pay is payable through Net Banking, Debit Card, or Credit Card.
- Q6: How long can I take to communicate acceptance of my MBA offer?
Ans: You should communicate acceptance as soon as you receive the letter of offer. However, a clear deadline is communicated through the address used during the application period.
If you have any questions regarding the MBA program, you shouldn’t hesitate to contact the registrar using the address below:
- Panjab University
- Registrar’s Office
- Tel: 91 172 253 4867
- 91 172 253 4868
- Email: email@example.com
- You can also visit the institution’s official website http://puchd.ac.in/ for more detailed information regarding the institution.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Anna University MBA Program
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar MBA
- IMI Kolkata MBA Program
- VIT Vellore MBA Program
- IFMR Business School MBA Program
Image Credit: Dollar Gill