Patna University Distance MBA Program
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Patna University is an institution established in 1917.
- The school boasts eight faculties with 42 departments/institutes/centers.
- It is one of the oldest Universities in India. It is the first in Bihar and seventh oldest University in the subcontinent.
- The University buildings are mostly located on the bank of River Ganges and in the Saidpur Campus.
- Patna University has a distance learning section, the Directorate of Distance Education, which offers education to busy professionals. The division said it would soon start imparting knowledge through e-learning, web-based learning, and EDUSAT.
- It is a Private University.
Types of Courses Offered
The following courses are available at Patna University via the distance mode:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- All courses have a minimum of a 1-year span.
- Eligibility condition for all courses is graduation from any recognized university or institution with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade.
- PGDFM – Rs. 9000
- PGDOM – Rs. 9000
- PGDMM – Rs. 9000
Patna University Accreditation
- Patna University is currently not accredited by UGC.
- PU distance education application is completed online
- Applicants who wish to enroll for distance MBA at the school may secure a copy of the Prospectus containing blank application form from the sales counter of the Directorate upon making a payment of Rs. 350. The amount is payable by bank challan.
- Candidates who prefer to obtain the form by post would have to post Rs. 465 through bank draft of any nationalized bank drawn in favor of the Director, Directorate of Distance Education, Patna University, payable at Patna. Note that the draft is only valid for three months.
- Candidates are required to complete the application form and attach all necessary documents including five passport-sized photographs, the original marks sheet of the qualifying examination and its attested copy (students will be given back the original mark sheet after they have been verified), and original school or college leaving certificate or transfer certificate.
- An emigration Certificate for those who are migrating from other universities/Board is also required.
- Applicants are required to sign the application. Their father/guardian is also expected to countersign the form.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Are the courses offered by the Directorate of Distance Recognized?
Ans: No. The courses offered by PU’s DDE stand derecognized.
- Q2: Does Patna University offers other postgraduate courses other than the ones mentioned?
Ans: Yes. PU also offers Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism (PGDJ). The fee for the course is Rs. 6,000.
- Q3: What is the program structure at Patna University?
Ans: The courses at PU require two Semesters of teaching.
- Q4: Can I get direct admission in Patna Women’s College, Patna University for BCA?
Ans: No. You will have to apply for entrance because Patna University admits BCA students on the basis of the entrance exam.
- Q5: What type of questions are asked in Patna Women College in the entrance exam of BA honors?
Ans: The questions are related to General Knowledge, Aptitude Test and related to major subjects of humanities and social sciences.
- Q6: Where can I get the institution’s prospectus and application form?
Ans: Interested candidates can get the prospectus from the Directorate of Distance Education, either in person or by post.
- Q7: How will I be required to pay the course fee and application fee?
Ans: Candidates must pay their fee using a demand draft in favor of “The Directorate of Distance Education, Patna University”.
- Q8: Does the institution have study centers?
Ans: Patna University only has a study center at Patna. All personal contact programs are conducted here.
- Q9: How will I get study materials after registration?
Ans: Immediately after registration, students will have access to all study materials in the institution’s library. It has digitized learning materials that distance students can access using their mobile devices.
- Q10: Is it mandatory to attend all personal contact programs in Patna?
Ans: No, it is not mandatory to attend the PCP sessions. However, students are encouraged to attend since it provides an ideal platform to interact with professionals, experts, and tutors.
- Q11: Will I be required to undertake viva-voce exams?
Ans: Yes, oral exams are part of the evaluation strategies for distance MBA.
- Q12: How will I access hardcopy study materials?
Ans: Immediately after registering for distance MBA, students can access the materials from the library at their study centers. Alternatively, these materials can be sent to specific addresses but the student will be required to cater to the courier charges.
- Q13: Will I be required to deliver assignments physically?
Ans: No, students can deliver their assignments online using the student’s portal. However, some tutors may require that you deliver at your study center physically.
- Q14: Must I undertake a project before graduating from university?
Ans: Yes, distance MBA students are required to undertake a project to enhance their hands-on skills.
- Q15: Does the institution offer scholarships for distance MBA?
Ans: No. However, SC/ST/PwD students are considered for a fee concession if they provide all the required documents.
- Address: Directorate of Distance Education,
- Ashok Rajpath, Patna University, Patna – 800 005
- Phone: 6012-2672941
- Website: http://ddepu.org.in
Other Related Posts for Students
- Jodhpur National University Distance Learning
- Maharishi Dayanand Distance MBA
- Utkal University Distance MBA
- Karpagam University Distance MBA
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide