Periyar University Distance MBA – Admission, Courses, an
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Career Prospects
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Periyar University is a government university located in Salem, Tamil Nadu whose influence has made it one of the most renowned universities in India. Established in the year 1997, it has thereafter been named after the social reformer, Thanthai Periyar E. V. Ramassamy colloquially known as “Thanthai Periyar“. It has been accredited by NAAC with “Grade A”.
- The need for the establishment of a distance education program was recognized by the Periyar University in the early 2000s. Periyar University Distance Education (PRIDE) became operational for admissions from 2001-2002. University Industrial Collaborative Programme launched through PRIDE from 2010-11 offered job-related programs to cater to the industrial needs of the students.
- The University primarily aims at PRIDE to develop knowledge in various fields to realize the maxim reflected by the logo. To be precise, it looks forward to the holistic development of students to be of utmost importance.
Faculty and programs:
- The university holds 54 centers throughout the nation. Off-campus regular academic programs have also come into existence since 2005-2006 through PRIDE.
- The syllabus includes most of the subjects being discussed in regular classes. It offers UG, PG and MBA courses in a wide variety of subjects. This distance education program helps students by providing knowledge about the subjects and research on the topic. The management courses provide extensive theoretical and practical knowledge that enhances students’ analytical abilities.
Features of the Distance MBA program
- International business
- Banking management
- Textile management
- Marketing management
- Finance management
- Logistics and Supply chain management
- Transport management
- Hospital management
- Human resource management
- Hotel and tourism management
The medium of instruction: English
- The course duration is divided into 4 semesters with a total of 16 subjects. Each subject is of 100 marks and the minimum passing marks are 50.
- In the first and second semester, there are 6 compulsory subjects in each semester. In the third semester, there are 3 compulsory subjects and 1 elective subject has to be chosen out of 5 electives. Also, in the fourth semester, students have to do a project and viva voice.
- The duration of the MBA program is two years.
- Any recognized Bachelors Degree
- The total fee for the program is around Rs 17,015-20,000 which has to be paid in installments (inclusive of cost of application).
How to Apply
There are three mediums through which students may take admission
- Spot admission at PRIDE
- Through various approved study centers
- Through post.
- The applicant can download an online application form available on the University website that needs to be filled by the applicant to ensure the seat in the program.
- Two passport size photographs with attested copies of all the required documents must be given to the University for the particular program or Degree course.
- To get the application form and prospectus by post, an additional amount of Rs50 is to be paid towards postal charges. Two DD’s should be made, one in favor of “The Director, Pride” payable at Salem and the other in favor of the coordinator of the study center concerned. Also, the ID card and study material would be provided by the concerned study center.
- For online application, students can also download the application form from the website www.tnuniv.ac.in/periyar.
- Free Admission Help Available
- PRIDE helps to reach out to the students from all parts of the world weaving it into one unified unit. The program helps nurture the management skills required for providing a rapidly increasing business environment for today’s world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What are the career opportunities at PRIDE MBA?
Ans: The University makes sure to help the students in career opportunities by nurturing them with management skills required for rapidly increasing business requirements.
- Q2: What are the courses offered at PRIDE MBA?
Ans: There are a variety of specializations offered at PRIDE MBA like International Business, Business Management, Hotel Management, etc.
- Q3: Is PRIDE Correspondence MBA UGC approved?
Ans: No, the university has not been accredited by UGC yet.
- Q4: What is the admission procedure of Correspondence MBA?
Ans: You can only apply online for admission. If you are selected then you have to submit all the necessary documents.
- Q5: Is PRIDE MBA fee affordable?
Ans: The total amount of the fee is 17 to 20 thousand rupees. Which can also be paid in installments. So, I think it is affordable.
- Q6: When will I get my identity card after admission?
Ans: Immediately after admission, students will be assigned an enrollment number after which they will be issued with an identity card.
- Q7: I am eligible for a distance program at Periyar University if I am undertaking a different program elsewhere?
Ans: Applicants pursuing another degree program are not eligible for admission to an undergraduate/postgraduate/graduate program in the Directorate of Distance Education. However, these candidates can undertake a certificate/diploma course concurrently.
- Q8: How can I change my program?
Ans: Students can change their program within the first week of registration. However, there must be a seat available for the program of interest for the switch to be successful.
- Q9: Will I be required to re-register every semester?
Ans: Yes, every student is required to re-register at the beginning of every semester to activate the semester’s access. Failure to register will deny the student access to e-learning materials.
- Q10: Can I re-register if I failed exams for the previous semester?
Ans: Yes, students can register despite failing various evaluations. However, no student will graduate until they satisfactorily pass all the evaluation tests.
- Q11: When will I get my learning materials?
Ans: Students’ learning materials are sent through the addresses provided during the registration process. Every student should receive the kit after a maximum of 10 days since the registration date.
- Q12: Will I be required to pay for courier charges?
Ans: No, the cost of sending the learning materials is included in the school fee.
- Q13: What are the evaluation techniques applied?
Ans: The program utilizes online evaluation techniques. As such, students are encouraged to have a reliable internet connection.
- Periyar University
- Periyar Palkalai Nagar
- Salem- 636011
- Tamil Nadu, India.
- University office: 0427-2345766/2345520
- Reference website: http://www.periyaruniversity.ac.in/?page_id=92
Other Distance Options for Students
- IIM Distance MBA
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- XLRI Distance Learning
- IGNOU Distance MBA
- Pondicherry University Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide