Pondicherry University Correspondence MBA – Admission, Fee, Eligibility
- The Pondicherry University initiated distance learning education in the year 1995-1996 to cut across social barriers and provide high-quality education to students from all regions at affordable prices.
- Their MBA program via the distance mode is aimed at increasing the employ-ability and skill set of aspirants while providing a good theoretical base at the same time.
- Since Pondicherry University is a central university, there is no doubt with respect to its accreditation and other necessary credentials. More general information can be found out over here.
Courses Being Offered at the University
The university offers Correspondence MBA program in these specializations.
- Specializations offered
- Human Resource
- International Business
- Medium: English
The MBA program is divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each
Any Degree student from any domain, who has completed graduation from a recognized university under the 10+2+3 or 11+2+2 or 11+1+3 system of graduate education. Since there is no entrance exam, it is very easy to secure admission in the university.
The total fees of this course including tuition fees of all semesters, registration, University development fund and study material is INR 45,500 for twinning mode and ~INR 25,000 for online mode (as of the year 2017).
There exists a fee rebate scheme for students/aspirants under the following subheadings:
- Physically Challenged
- Non-teaching employees of the Pondicherry University and their wards
- Defence personnel serving in Indian Armed Forces
- Widows/ Deserted Women
A proof from a competent authority is required in order to avail the benefits of concessional fee structure.
Pondicherry MBA Admissions
There are two different ways in which student can enroll in the distance program. Students have to choose one from the following
- Distance Mode
- Twinning Mode
The difference between distance mode and twinning mode of education in terms of structure is that students can get spot admission under the twinning mode and regular weekend classes are held for students.
Also, students get access to the twinning college or center education resources, if available. Under the twinning program mode, there are 12 different centers currently available to students. These are located at Chennai, Vadodara, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Lucknow, Hyderabad. Some of these cities have multiple centers.
Pondicherry University Accreditation proof
How to apply
Normally, admission is carried out between June 1st to September 30th. The form is available for students from two locations:
- Directly download from the website
- University Director can send you a form against an application
- Also send with application a copy of identity card photo, signature, name and address of the candidate with course information
- A demand draft of Rs. 100 is to be attached with application form
- original attested copies of Degree/ Provisional Certificate, Statement of marks and consolidated marks sheet
Exam Schedule for the MBA program
Following the semester system, the exams are held around December and June every year. The hall tickets, allotment of centers etc. is done during the same time. Note that there is no provision in the university for improvement of marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the fee structure of Pondicherry University?
As stated above, the total fees for this program is 45,500 for twining mode and 25000 distance mode.
- What is the eligibility criteria for correspondence MBA?
A Graduation degree from any recognize university since there is no entrance exam for the program, it is very easy to secure admission.
- Is correspondence MBA from Pondicherry University UGC approved?
Yes. An accreditation proof is attached above.
- What is the difference between Twining and Distance mode?
In Twining mode student can get regular classes at the university.
- Is Correspondence MBA at Pondicherry University worth it?
It totally depends on how you take it and consider it.
- What is the exam schedule at Pondicherry Correspondence MBA?
The exams are schedule in December and June every year. However there is no improvisation in marks improvement.
- Directorate of Distance Education,
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry – 605014
- Phone: 0413 –2654439 & 2654441 / Fax: 0413-2655258
- email: email@example.com
If you are interested in Pondicherry University MBA, then you might also like to consider the following:
- IIM Distance Learning
- XLRI Distance Learning
- Symbiosis Distance Education
- IGNOU MBA Education
- Top 10 Distance MBA Colleges
- Why to pursue an MBA?
- How to solve questions past?
Take a tour to Pondicherry University Correspondence MBA
- Official Website – Pondicherry University
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ as per your convenience.