Pondicherry University Distance MBA – Admission, Courses, and Fee
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Pondicherry MBA Admissions
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Exam Schedule
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- The Pondicherry University initiated distance learning education in the year 1995-1996 to cut across social barriers and provide high-quality education to students from all regions at affordable prices.
- Their MBA program via the distance mode is aimed at increasing the employability and skill set of aspirants while providing a good theoretical base at the same time.
- Since Pondicherry University is a central university, there is no doubt with respect to its accreditation and other necessary credentials. More general information can be found out over here.
Courses Being Offered at the University
The university offers the Correspondence MBA program in these specializations.
- Specializations offered
- Human Resource
- International Business
- Medium: English
- The MBA program is divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each
- Any Degree student from any domain, who has completed graduation from a recognized university under the 10+2+3 or 11+2+2 or 11+1+3 system of graduate education. Since there is no entrance exam, it is very easy to secure admission to the university.
The total fees of this course including tuition fees of all semesters, registration, University development fund, and study material is INR 45,500 for twinning mode and ~INR 25,000 for online mode (as of the year 2017).
There exists a fee rebate scheme for students/aspirants under the following subheadings:
- Physically Challenged
- Non-teaching employees of the Pondicherry University and their wards
- Defense personnel serving in Indian Armed Forces
- Widows/ Deserted Women
Proof from competent authority is required in order to avail the benefits of concessional fee structure.
Pondicherry MBA Admissions
There are two different ways in which students can enroll in the distance program. Students have to choose one from the following
- Distance Mode
- Twinning Mode
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
The difference between distance mode and twinning mode of education in terms of structure is that students can get spot admission under the twinning mode and regular weekend classes are held for students.
Also, students get access to the twinning college or center education resources, if available. Under the twinning program mode, there are 12 different centers currently available to students. These are located at Chennai, Vadodara, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Lucknow, Hyderabad. Some of these cities have multiple centers.
Pondicherry University Accreditation proof
How to Apply
Normally, admission is carried out between June 1st to September 30th. The form is available for students from two locations:
- Directly download from the website
- University Director can send you a form against an application
- Also send with the application a copy of identity card photo, signature, name and address of the candidate with course information
- A demand draft of Rs. 100 is to be attached with the application form
- original attested copies of Degree/ Provisional Certificate, Statement of marks and consolidated marks sheet
Exam Schedule for the MBA program
- Following the semester system, the exams are held around December and June every year. The hall tickets, allotment of centers, etc. is done at the same time. Note that there is no provision in the university for the improvement of marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the fee structure of Pondicherry University?
Ans: As stated above, the total fees for this program are 45,500 for twining mode and 25000 distance mode.
- Q2: What are the eligibility criteria for a correspondence MBA?
Ans: A Graduation degree from any recognize university since there is no entrance exam for the program, it is very easy to secure admission.
- Q3: Is a correspondence MBA from Pondicherry University UGC approved?
Ans: Yes. An accreditation proof is attached above.
- Q4: What is the difference between Twining and Distance mode?
Ans: In Twining mode student can get regular classes at the university.
- Q5: Is Correspondence MBA at Pondicherry University worth it?
Ans: It totally depends on how you take it and consider it.
- Q6: What is the exam schedule at Pondicherry Correspondence MBA?
Ans: The exams are scheduled in December and June every year. However, there is no improvisation in marks improvement.
- Q7: When does the admission process for distance MBA at Pondicherry University begin?
Ans: The admission process begins in June and ends in September every year. Interested candidates are advised to regularly check the institution’s website during this period to apply once the admission opens.
- Q8: How can I know when the admission process for distance MBA is open?
Ans: The institution uses different methods to inform interested applicants. They include its official website, print media, the institution’s official social media account, and other electronic media.
- Q9: What are the application options available for distance MBA?
Ans: Interested candidates can either obtain the application form from the Directorate of Distance Education, Pondicherry University or download it online. The online application method is, however, faster and more convenient.
- Q10: Is it mandatory to have original academic certificates when applying for a distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, verification of candidates’ certificates is a must. As such, all interested candidates must scan the documents and upload them through the admission portal.
- Q11: Is the distance MBA offered by the Pondicherry University approved by regulatory bodies?
Ans: Yes, the program is approved by the AICTE and DEC.
- Q12: Can I change my MBA specialization midway into the course?
Ans: No, once you select your specializations, you’ll not be able to change them midway unless you retake the whole year.
- Q13: Must I pay all the fees at the time of admission?
Ans: No, the only mandatory fees during admission include registration fees, tuition fees, and learning materials charges.
- Q14: What will happen if I fail to remit the fee in time?
Ans: Non-payment of fees will attract penalties. Students will be fined Rs 5 each day for the initial 10 days and Rs 10 per day for the remaining days up to the end of the month.
If the students fail to remit the fee by end of the month, the DDE will remove their names on the student’s register and communicate to them regarding the decision.
- Q15: Will I be eligible for readmission after my name is removed from the register for non-payment of fees?
Ans: Yes, students can reapply if they pay all outstanding fee balances and a readmission fee of Rs 100. Also, they must obtain a recommendation from the Director of DDE.
- Directorate of Distance Education,
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry – 605014
- Phone: 0413 –2654439 & 2654441 / Fax: 0413-2655258
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Related Posts for Students
If you are interested in the Pondicherry University MBA, then you might also like to consider the following:
- IIM Distance Learning
- XLRI Distance Learning
- Symbiosis Distance Education
- IGNOU MBA Education
- Top 10 Distance MBA Colleges
- Why pursue an MBA?
- Executive vs Part-Time vs Distance MBA
- Distance MBA -Start Here
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ as per your convenience.
Image Source: Daniels