Pondicherry University Correspondence MBA
The Pondicherry University initiated distance learning education in the year 1995-1996 to cut across social barriers and provide high-quality education to students from all regions at affordable prices.
Their MBA program via the distance mode is aimed at increasing the employ-ability and skill set of aspirants while providing a good theoretical base at the same time.
Courses Being Offered at the University
- Duration: The MBA program is divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each
- Eligibility Criteria: Any Degree student from any domain, who has completed graduation from a recognized university under the 10+2+3 or 11+2+2 or 11+1+3 system of graduate education. Since there is no entrance exam, it is very easy to secure admission in the university.
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered
- Human Resource
- International Business
The total fees of this course including tuition fees of all semesters, registration, University development fund and study material is INR 45,500 for twinning mode and ~INR 25,000 for online mode (as of the year 2017).
There exists a fee rebate scheme for students/aspirants under the following subheadings:
- Physically Challenged
- Non-teaching employees of the Pondicherry University and their wards
- Defence personnel serving in Indian Armed Forces
- Widows/ Deserted Women
A proof from a competent authority is required in order to avail the benefits of concessional fee structure.
Pondicherry MBA Admissions
There are two different ways in which student can enroll in the distance program. Students have to choose one from the following
- Distance Mode
- Twinning Mode
The difference between distance mode and twinning mode of education in terms of structure is that students can get spot admission under the twinning mode and regular weekend classes are held for students.
Also, students get access to the twinning college or center education resources, if available. Under the twinning program mode, there are 12 different centers currently available to students. These are located at Chennai, Vadodara, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Lucknow, Hyderabad. Some of these cities have multiple centers.
How to apply
Normally, admission is carried out between June 1st to September 30th. The form is available for students from two locations:
- Directly download from the website
- University Director can send you a form against an application
Exam Schedule for the MBA program
Following the semester system, the exams are held around December and June every year. The hall tickets, allotment of centers etc. is done during the same time. Note that there is no provision in the university for improvement of marks.
- Directorate of Distance Education,
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry – 605014
- Phone: 0413 –2654439 & 2654441 / Fax: 0413-2655258
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website – Pondicherry University
If you are interested in Pondicherry University MBA, then you might also like to consider the following:
- IIM Distance Learning
- XLRI Distance Learning
- Symbiosis Distance Education
- IGNOU MBA Education
- Top 10 Distance MBA Colleges
Some of the more relevant questions that the student seeks answer to before doing an MBA are
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ as per your convenience.