PSG College of Technology MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- The PSG College of Technology is a private technical institution that was founded in 1951 by PSG & Sons. It has grown to become one of the most reputable institutions in India.
- In 1978, the institution was granted autonomous status by the University of Madras. In 2001, PSG College was affiliated to Anna University.
- It offers an MBA program designed to provide a highly technical approach to management issues. Its graduates are highly sought-after due to their expertise in business and management matters.
- The institution is ISO 9001:2000 Certified.
Course and Duration
- It’s a two-year full-time program that’s affiliated to Anna University.
- Approved by AICTE and the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.
- Tailor-made to produce dynamic management professionals to competently handle global business challenges.
- The program is approved by UGC. It contains core courses done by all students during their first year of study and elective courses.
- Students can specialize in at least two of the following areas: Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, or Communication Strategies.
- All students must conduct extensive research in their area of specialization, identify a problem, and propose solutions. The research project is done towards the end of the course.
- To get hands-on managerial experience, students are required to attend an internship program towards the end of the first year.
- Also, all students must pass evaluation tests, assignments, and other continuous assessment tests before an MBA degree is conferred on them to be allowed to graduate.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies. Special groups such as SC and PWD must achieve 45% aggregate marks.
- All candidates must provide valid CAT/XAT score sheets. International candidates must upload their GMAT test results.
- Students in their final year of study are eligible to apply. Such candidates must have scored at least 50% (45% for SC, PWD, and ST) in their last exam.
- Also, continuing students must provide their score sheet or a valid degree certificate before registration.
- All interested candidates must apply for MBA through the institution’s portal. Ensure you upload your valid score sheet for CAT/XAT/GMAT tests.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Complete all the required fields accurately. Any false information provided may lead to automatic disqualification.
- Apply before the deadline.
- After the deadline elapses, the admission panel will review the applications to determine the candidates who meet all the requirements.
- All eligible candidates are invited to a Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) phase of the admission process.
- For the WAT and PI, all students must appear physically in the institution. During this phase, the candidates’ speech ability, writing skills, and interpersonal skills are assessed.
Based on the CAT/XAT/GMAT results as well as WAT and PI, the final list of successful candidates are shortlisted
However, there are other factors considered during this stage. They include;
- Past academic achievements
- Extra-curricular activities
- Work Experience
All successful candidates are notified using the address provided during registration. Candidates are required to accept and confirm their interest in the program.
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation
- Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- National Institutional Ranking Framework ranks its MBA 37th best in India
- Ranked 31st best technology institute by The Week
- The tuition fee for the MBA program is Rs 1, 04, 000. This also includes administrative costs and the costs of learning materials.
- An average of Rs 83,000 annual accommodation fee is required if the students intend to reside within the school.
- The institution offers sponsorship opportunities for deserving students. Interested students are required to apply for consideration.
- PSG College of Technology MBA graduates achieve approximately 95% placement.
- The average placement salary is INR 10 LPA. High pay graduates receive over Rs 50 lakhs annually.
- A lot of corporations participate in the placement process, including Renault Nissan, HCL, Royal Enfield, Accenture, IBM, ITC ABD ltd, Polycab Wires Ltd, and Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.
- MBA graduates within the country earn between Rs 10 Lakhs to Rs 80 Lakhs. However, the salary increases as the candidates get hands-on experience and may get to over Rs 100 Lakhs in 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Where can I get the application form?
Ans: Log into their website, click the “Apply” button and get the application form.
Use the link http://admissions.psgim.ac.in/ to access the form. When applying, ensure that you fill in all the required details and submit them before the deadline (as indicated on their website).
- Q2: What do I expect from group discussions and personal interviews?
Ans: The admission panel will evaluate your interpersonal skills, communication skills, as well as your ability to articulate issues clearly. All candidates are grouped into teams of five members and a topic is provided. Every candidate will then have their time to articulate their opinions.
With a personal interview, you will meet several officials who will interview you to verify your personal, academic, and professional details. The questions are derived from different sectors of life including academic knowledge, professional experiences, personal experiences, and general knowledge.
- Q3: Is there an application fee for MBA?
Ans: Yes, you’ll be required to pay a non-refundable fee of INR 1000/ through a debit or credit card.
If you wish to get more details about PSG College of Technology, you shouldn’t hesitate to inquire using the address below:
- Post Box No 1611, Peelamedu
- Also, you can visit the institution’s website http://www.psgtech.edu/ to get other crucial details regarding the institution and the program.
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIT Dhanbad – Department of Management Studies MBA
- T.A Pai Management Institute MBA Program
- Jamia Millia Islamia MBA Program
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi MBA
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration MBA Program
Image Credit: Debashis Biswas