Rabindra Bharati University Correspondence Courses
- Rabindra Bharati University is an institution that was established in 1962 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Indian Poet and winner of Nobel Prize for Literature, Rabindranath Tagore.
- The school is located in Kolkata, India. To advance higher education, RBU offers its distance learning program through the Directorate of Distance Education (DDE).
- Rabindra Bharati University is a State University.
Type of Courses
The following courses are available at RBU through distance learning:
- M.A. in English
- M.A. in Political Science
- M.A. in History
- M.A. in Geography
- M.A. in Education
- M.A. in Environmental Studies
- M.A. in Sanskrit
- M.A. in Bengali
- Master of Social Work
- Diploma in Tagore Literature
- M.A. in Vocal Music
- M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet
- Except for the Diploma in Tagore Literature, which can be completed in one year, the minimum duration for all courses is two years.
- To be eligible for M.A. in English, Bengali, History, Political Science or Sanskrit, you need to possess Honors, General, or Pass degrees (10+2+3) in the concerned subject. Also, you must have scored at least 300 marks in the relevant subject at the graduate level.
- Those who wish to enroll for M.A. in Education also require Honors, General or Pass (10+2+3) in Education with a minimum score of 300 full marks at graduate level. B.Ed or Spl. B. Ed. is also considered. You need a bachelor degree in Geography for M.A. Geography.
- Courses such as M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet, Environmental Studies, Vocal Music and Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) require Honors degree or a General or Pass bachelor’s or their equivalent administered through the (10+2+3) system. A post graduate in general or professional course is also accepted.
- Diploma in Tagore Literature requires you to be a graduate in any discipline.
Rabindra Bharati University Accreditation
For making amazing things happen in the field of education, RBU has been awarded grade A by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The fee information for the distance learning program at RBU include:
|Course||Total Fee (Rs.)|
|M.A. in English||7,100|
|M.A. in Political Science||10,100|
|M.A. in History||10,100|
|M.A. in Geography||37,300|
|M.A. in Education||12,100|
|M.A. in Environmental Studies||17,300|
|M.A. in Sanskrit||7,100|
|M.A. in Bengali||7,100|
|Master of Social Work||37,300|
|Diploma in Tagore Literature||6,100|
|M.A. in Vocal Music||13,800|
|M.A. in Rabindra Sangeet||22,800|
How Can I Apply
- Candidates are required to complete the RBU application process online by visiting www.rbudde.in. After that, click the “For online application form fill up for admission” option to complete your application.
- Fill out the form carefully and select your Study Centre and course. Once you have done that, select the “How to make payment” option from the website notice to proceed to make payment for course- and related fees.
- Save the downloaded copies of your document for reference and verification purposes.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do the courses offered by the University approved?
Yes, The courses offered by the university approved by UGC. RBC has been awarded grade ‘A’ by NAAC in its distance education courses.
- Does Rabindra Bharati University offer MBA in its distance learning program?
No, However, it does offer several other programs in its distance mode.
- What are the eligibility requirements for admission at Rabindra Bharati University distance education?
The students must have passed a bachelor’s degree for admission to the university. However, the detailed criteria for each course are described above.
- What is the fee for M.A. English in distance mode at Rabindra Bharati University?
Fee for M.A. English is 7,100 rupees.
- What is the admission process at Rabindra Bharati University distance education?
Candidates are required to complete the RBU application process online by visiting www.rbudde.in. After that, click the “For online application form fill up for admission” option to complete your application.
- What is the age limit to get admission in Rabindra Bharati University distance education?
There is no such age limit as per UGC norms to get admission in distance education.
RBU’s contact information includes:
- Rabindra Bharati University
- Emerald Bower Campus
- 56A, B.T. Road,
- Kolkata – 700 050.
- Email: email@example.com
- Rabindra Bharati University
- Directorate of Distance Education
- RABINDRA BHAVAN,
- EE 9 & 10, Sector- II,
- Salt Lake City,
- Kolkata- 700091
- Phone: (033) 23584014/ 4016/ 4018
Other Options for Students
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education