Sastra University Distance Courses
- Courses Offered
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- The Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) is a non-profit, private institution of higher learning located in Thanjavur.
- The deemed university, which was established in 1984, runs its distance education program through the Directorate of Distance Education. SASTRA has been offering distance education courses since 2002.
Type of Courses
SASTRA offers the following courses via the distance mode:
- Master of Astrology
- Diploma in Astrology
- Master of Dance
- The medium of instruction for Diploma in Astrology is Tamil, while that for Master of Astrology and Master of Dance is Tamil and English.
- Both Master of Astrology and Master of Dance can be completed in two years. Diploma in Astrology is a one-year program.
- Eligibility for Master of Dance is a bachelor degree from a recognized university with a basic knowledge of Bharatha Natyam.
- Eligibility for Diploma in Astrology is a 10th Std, SSLC or equivalent studies. For Master of Astrology, a bachelor degree from a recognized university is accepted.
Sastra University Accreditation
SASTRA University is accredited Grade “A” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It is not currently accredited by UGC. Below is its previous accreditation letter.
- Prospective students should contact SASTRA University using the contact information provided in the contact section for fee-related information.
How Can I Apply
- Applicants can obtain SASTRA University application form along with the prospectus from the office of admissions, SASTRA Campus (Thanjavur, Kumbakonam). The form costs Rs. 600.
- Alternatively, you can download the application form from www.sastra.edu. Those who prefer to download the form online will need to submit it along with a demand draft of Rs. 650 drawn in favor of SASTRA University, payable at Thanjavur.
- You should also ensure to send the completed form together with attested copies of your certificates.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Does Sastra University offer MBA in its Distance Education?
Ans: No, It does not offer an MBA program in distance mode. However, It does offer other programs in Distance Education. The details of each program are described above.
- Q2: What is the medium of instruction in distance education at Sastra University?
Ans: The medium of instruction for Diploma in Astrology is Tamil, while that for Master of Astrology and Master of Dance is Tamil and English.
- Q3: How can I contact the university for any query?
Ans: The contact details of the university are given below this article.
- Q4: What is the eligibility criteria for the admission in Sastra University Distance Education?
Ans: For the eligibility of Master in Dance a bachelors degree with a basic knowledge of Bharatha Natyam. For Master, in Astrology a bachelor’s degree in any stream is required. However, For Diploma in Astrology, the requirement is 10th Std, SSLC or equivalent studies.
- Q5: Are courses offered by Sastra University approved?
Ans: Yes, It’s been approved by UGC.
- Q6: How can I apply for a distance education program at Sastra University?
Ans: You can see the admission details mention in this article above. For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
- Q7: What is the fee structure for Master in Astrology?
Ans: We do not have any idea about the fee for any program offered by Sastra University. You can contact the University for details.
SASTRA University contact details include:
- Sastra University, (Directorate of Distance Education), Thanjavur-613401
- Telephone No.: 04362-264101
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.sastra.edu
Other Options for Students
- IIM Distance Education
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide