SCIT MBA Data Science and Analytics Cut Off, Placement, Review and More
|SCIT Data Science and Analytics||Details|
|Course offered||MBA (Data Science & Data Analytics)|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Fee of course (INR)||13,78,900|
|Accreditation||NAAC, UGC & AIU|
|Work ex required||Candidates with valid work experience will have an added advantage|
|Eligibility||Graduate with a minimum of 50% aggregate scores or an equivalent grade (45% or equivalent grade for SC/ST categories)|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Course Objectives
- Programme Curriculum
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Important Dates
- Placement Assistance
- Job Prospects
- SCIT MBA (Data Science and Data Analytics) Quora
- Other Courses Offered at SCIT
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
Are you struggling to utilize your organizational resources to achieve your goals? Well, that could be due to inefficient decision-making processes.
To boost your managerial efficacy, you should enroll for an MBA in Data Sciences and Data Analytics from SCIT. The programme helps you to predict business trends and make data-based decisions for guaranteed productivity.
This programme is designed for working professionals who desire to enhance their competency by inculcating data analytics and data science skills into their careers. It introduces the participants to analytic tools such as Python, R, and Tableau. The curriculum links data science to decision-making, thus enhancing the students’ managerial skills.
Course Duration: 2 years
Type of Course/ Medium: Full-Time Residential Programme
This programme comprises 4 semesters. Students will undertake several modules per semester to incorporate a variety of skills ranging from data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data analysis using analytical tools, and data presentation. They are required to undertake an internship towards the end of the first year of study.
Additionally, students must undertake core courses in their first year of study and specialize in three areas of interest during the second year of study. Here are the core courses and electives offered:
- Prospective candidates are required to apply for the programme online by visiting the institution’s official website.
- Candidates will then be required to apply for a SNAP exam by paying an application fee of Rs. 1,750. They can use online payment platforms (Credit Cards/Net Banking/Debit Cards) or offline by sending a DD to Symbiosis Test Secretariat, Pune.
- Candidates must submit the duly completed forms and upload all the documents required (mark sheets, certificates, transfer/migration certificate, and SNAP exam scorecard) before the stipulated deadline. They must also pay a non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000.
- SCIT admission panel evaluates the forms and shortlist candidates based on academic performance, work experience, and SNAP results.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for a personal interview, group exercise, and writing assessment test.
- The admission panel prepares the final merit list. Successful candidates are intimated using the email address provided during the registration phase. They will then be required to pay the 1st installment of the programme fee to reserve their seat.
The programme is designed to offer hands-on skills using modules spread across 100 credits/4 semesters. Students will be required to use real-life case studies, industry internships, and projects to utilize cognitive thinking and develop AI-based solutions. It empowers them with skills to mine, analyze, and present data in a simple-to-understand format.
Additionally, the programme combines both classroom and online sessions. Students will have access to an online portal where they can access assignments, recorded lectures, live lectures, and other digital learning materials. They are then evaluated using techniques such as continuous assessment tests, end-of-semester examinations, projects, viva-voce presentations, and group discussions.
- Prospective candidates must be a graduate from a UGC-recognised or an Institution of National Importance. They must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate scores or an equivalent grade (45% or equivalent grade for SC/ST categories).
- Candidates must have undertaken Mathematics in their 12th Standard.
- Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates must possess an attested copy of the migration certificate duly signed by the Relief Commissioner or any other competent authority.
- Candidates who would like to claim DA reservation must submit a medical certificate from a competent authority showing that their disability is not less than 40% and that it is permanent.
- Candidates with valid work experience will have an added advantage.
|Installment||Amount||Last Date Payable|
|1st||Rs. 4,06,950||At the time of admission|
|2nd||Rs. 3,71,950||November of First Year|
|4th||Rs. 3,00,000||November of Second Year|
The fee is payable through a crossed Demand Draft written in favor of Symbiosis Center for Information Technology and payable at Pune. Alternatively, students can use Net Banking – RTGS mode. They must then update their payment details in the SIU Finance Portal before the stipulated deadline.
|SNAP & Programme Registration Starts||September 24|
|Last Application Date for SNAP||November 28|
|Last Payment Date for SNAP||November 28|
|SNAP Result||January 22|
|Online Registration Last Date||January 8|
|Payment of Registration (Last Date)||January 8|
|Shortlisting of Qualified Candidates||Feb. 4|
|Group Exercise, Personal Interview, and WAT||
|First Merit List Unveiled||March 10|
|Last Date to Pay fees for First Merit List Candidates||March 28|
|Programme Commences||July 1st|
SCIT MBA(DS & DA) Placements
SCIT has an all-inclusive campus recruitment programme. It partners with reputed organizations and SCIT alumni to offer jobs to MBA (DS & DA) graduates. Some of its recruitment partners include Deloitte, KPMG, Accenture, and Capgemini. The average salary offer is Rs. 9.93 Lakhs per annum, with the highest offer ranging from Rs 11-Rs 13 Lakhs annually.
More than 92% of SCIT graduates get job offers during the institution’s recruitment drive. The offers come from organizations in different sectors ranging from IT/Enabled Services, Banking & Finance, Consultancy Services, and Telecom. Additionally, some students get job placements in international organizations such as Landmark Group (Dubai), Bleum (China), and KPMG (Dubai).
Accreditation and Ranking for SCIT
SCIT is a constituent of Symbiosis International that was established under section 3 of the UGC Act of 1956. It is re-accredited with Grade A by NAAC and is recognized by AIU. It was awarded a Certificate of Excellence (A++) category in the B-School Survey, 2019. CSR-GHRDC ranks the institution among the top 10 B-Schools of Super Excellence in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is an MBA in Data Science and Data Analytics from SCIT worth it?
Ans: Yes, MBA in Data Science and Data Analytics is one of the most marketable programmes globally. It equips students with the skills necessary to use data in projecting the business future. As such, managers with data science skills can make data-based decisions that help in boosting their competence.
Q2: Does SCIT admit international students to its Data Science and Data Analytics programme?
Ans: Yes, international candidates can apply for any programme at SCIT. The admission is centralized for all colleges and is conducted through the Symbiosis Center for International Education (SCIE). Candidates will complete all the application processes online. They can apply as Foreign National (FN), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), or Non-Resident Indian (NRI).
Q3: Does SCIT offer placement assistance for international students?
Ans: Yes, SCIT offers placement assistance to local and international students. It has partner organizations in different countries. These partners participate in the institution’s placement exercise conducted online. Qualified candidates will get placements regardless of their geographical locations. Additionally, this programme is recognized by AIU and is internationally accepted.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
SCIT MBA (Data Science and Data Analytics) Quora
SCIT MBA in Data Science and Data Analytics is one of the most sought-after programmes in India. The course is popular due to its high demand in the job market. This article highlights all the details you need about the programme before enrolling.
- Official Website: https://www.scit.edu/
- State: Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Prospectus Link: You can click here for the prospectus.
Other Courses Offered at SCIT
|Other Courses Offered at SCIT||Details|
|MBA Executive (IT)||
Other Articles You Might Like
- CMI MSc Data Science
- Best Data Science Courses in Mumbai
- NMIMS M.Tech Data Science
- Ivy Professional School Business Analytics
- Data Science 360 Analytixlabs
Image Credit: Markus Winkler