Shivaji University Distance Learning Program
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Shivaji University was set up in 1962 as a government-owned institution to offer an advanced education system that best develops the people of Kolhapur and environs.
- Today, the institution belongs as one of the best global universities thanks to its ability to meet not only the learning needs of the people but also its capacity to do so without compromising standards.
- Shivaji University boasts 280 affiliated colleges, 3,00,000 student body, and 34 Postgraduate on-campus departments. Students are offered self-learning materials (SIM) that suit their learning style.
- It is a State University.
Types of Courses Offered
Shivaji University offers several courses for distance learning. These include:
- M.B.A. & M.B.A. (Executive) Distance Mode
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Arts in Hindi
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Philosophy
- Master of Commerce (M Com)
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- Master of Valuation (Real Estate)
- All courses can be completed within two years.
- For the Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) course, a minimum of two years’ experience at the Supervisory level or in the Managerial cadre equivalent to class I and II post of Government is required.
- Eligibility for all courses is an undergraduate degree in any discipline with at least 50 percent marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates).
- English is the medium of instruction for all courses.
What is the Fee Structure for Distance Learning at Shivaji University?
The fee for a distance learning course at Shivaji University is as given below:
Note that the total program cost (per academic year) does not cover the eligibility fee, which is given below:
- Applicants who gain admission into the Shivaji University distance learning program will be required to pay fees for the first and second semester together and third and fourth together during registration. That is, fees are paid per academic year (two semesters).
- Eligibility fee is paid at the time of admission only.
Shivaji University Accreditation
Shivaji University is accredited by UGC. Here’s the screenshot:
- To enroll for distance learning at Shivaji University, prospective students can fill out the school’s distance learning application form online at www.unishivaji.ac.in and submit the relevant documents.
- Note that applicants will be subjected to a merit-based entrance test.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How to submit the fee for distance courses in Shivaji University?
Ans: The registration/entrance examination fee of Shivaji University Admission must be paid online and it must be noted that the amount is non-refundable.
- Q2: Can I apply online for more than 1 course at a time?
Ans: Yes, candidates are free to apply for more than one course at one time. However, applications must be submitted separately for each of the courses of Shivaji University.
- Q3: Which documents are required for admission to Shivaji University?
- The scanned files of the recent color photograph and signature, both, should not exceed 50kb in size.
- The scanned files must be named/renamed as “photo.jpeg” and “sign.jpeg” respectively.
- The color photograph must be taken against a white background.
- The signature should be done on a white sheet of paper with a black pen.
- The signature must be scanned in 200dpi (dots per inch).
- Q4: Which instructions should I follow for admission in Shivaji Unversity?
- Fill out the important details asked for and upload a recent color photograph and signature. A valid email ID, mobile number, and password will also be required. Candidates must remember this confidential information for future use.
- The entrance examination fee is Rs 200/- (Rs 300 for B. Sc. Candidates) which can be paid either through Online Payment Gateway facility or via demand draft drawn in favor of Finance and Accounts Officer, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- A printout of the application form along with receipt of payment must be submitted by post or by courier or in person to the concerned department within specific dates.
- A copy of the course directory can be availed by paying a sum of Rs 100/- to the University either by cash or demand draft drawn in favor of Finance and Accounts Officer, Shivaji University, Kolhapur. If the course directory is demanded through the ost then a sum of Rs 30/- as extra charges will have to to be paid by the candidates.
- Q5: What are the possible options available for viewing results of Shivaji University?
Ans: The results of Shivaji University are displayed online in the form of a merit list. You will have to provide the admit card/hall ticket number and ID Proof card details to check the results.
- Address: Shivaji University, Vidyanagar,
- Kolhapur- 416 004. Maharashtra, INDIA.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Website: http://www.unishivaji.ac.in/#
- Telephone (EPABX) No.: + 91 – 0231- 2609000
Other Related Posts for Students
- Utkal University Distance Learning
- DR Hari Singh Gour Vishwavidyalaya Distance Learning
- University of Calicut Distance Learning
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University Distance Learning
- IFIM Business School Distance Learning
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide