SMU Distance MBA
About Sikkim Manipal University
The Sikkim Manipal University is the consequence of an inimitable corporation flanked by the Sikkim and Manipal Education Government. Recognized in the year 1995, it is the initial government-private scheme in the area. It was put up for the purpose of initiating the unsurpassed in erudition for learners.
The Sikkim Manipal University is renowned by the UGC and approved by the Indian Government. Whether a person is a bright graduate looking for an enhanced prerequisite or a proficient in quest of a supplementary degree for his/her curriculum vitae, the Sikkim Manipal University, Distance Education (SMU-DE) proffers an assortment of focused Postgraduate programs for a person to select from.
From athwart a variety of streams, one can opt to specialize in a region of awareness and yet utilize it as an instrument to overhaul antagonism. The study configuration is developed taking into consideration the desires and needs of candidates in quest of Postgraduate degrees.
The course outline and the erudition material are premeditated to offer students with the right equilibrium of acquaintance and dexterity to thrive in the professional era.
The Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education MBA programs will furnish applicants with:
- Core administrative dexterity, casing the chief areas of organization, with equivalent prominence on the optional modules of organizational studies
- Sensible acquaintance of organizational procedures through concurrent market circumstances, case studies etc.
- Methodical skills, which will help in knowledgeable and grave judgment making
- Technological and soft skills to take on the progressive, spirited and worldwide business extent
Information for MBA program
- Duration: The course duration is two academic years (4 semesters)
- Maximum duration to complete course: 4 years
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Three-year graduation from a recognized University
- The candidate must meet the criteria in the Entrance test- SMU-DDE Management Aptitude Test (SMAT) conducted by University. A candidate is exempted from entrance test if he has a scorecard of National / International MBA Entrance Test (MAT/CAT/GMAT etc.) having scored 40 percentile or above. It should not be more than one year old at the time of admission to MBA.
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered
- Marketing Management
- Information System Management
- Human Resource Management
- Finance Management
Rs.18,250/- inclusive of Exam Fee Rs. 3,000 (as of the year 2017) or as adjusted at various time intervals. There is an alternative of one time fee payment and as recompense he would be allowed for a waiver of 15 percent of the tuition fee.
How to apply?
A candidate needs to download the prospectus from its website and submit an online application form. Afterwards, he is required to send hard copy of it along with required documents to the University for admission process.
Placement Projections @ Sikkim Manipal University
MBA is the favored degree of preference when it comes to companies hiring students for administrative and managerial positions. The prospects are never-ending and it includes companies such as Amazon, ICICI, HP, Genpact, SBI, Aitel, Accenture etc. Positions offered to candidates are:
- Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Supply Chain Head
- Planning & Organizing Expert
- Marketing Executive
- Project Manager
- Accounting and Resource Management
- Project Supervisor
Sikkim Manipal University
5th Mile, Tadong, Gangtok, Sikkim- 737102
1st Floor, Syndicate House, Manipal – 576104
Phone: 1800 266 7777