SIMSR Mumbai – K. J. Somaiya MBA
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- SIMSR Mumbai – KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research was founded in 1981. The founder, Padmabhushan Shri Karamshi Jethabhai Somaiya, was a renowned entrepreneur and philanthropist.
- The institution is located in Somaiya Vidyavihar, Mumbai. The University Grants Commission (UGC) granted the institution an autonomous state in 2013.
- The institution provides outstanding management studies. It offers a Postgraduate Management Diploma in Management (PGDM) which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as an MBA equivalent.
- The program is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education. Also, the institution is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Courses and Duration
- It is a 6-trimester course spread over two years.
- The curriculum is designed to integrate emerging issues in management. It enables the students to extensively research on current issues and how they affect the decision-making process.
- All students are required to undertake a 2-month summer internship program towards the end of the first year of study.
- The program utilizes up-to-date teaching techniques including video conferencing, digital discussion groups, seminars, conferences, visits to the field, and guest lectures.
- Towards the end of the program, all students must research a topic derived from an area within their scope of the study. They must work with an accredited supervisor to develop the project and offer implementable recommendations.
- The institution has international relationships with universities in Europe, Asia, and Africa. This enables the students to go through Exchange programs thus understanding the international business environment effectively.
- Candidates must pass all the evaluation tests before graduating. The tests may include assignments, term papers, project reports, and assessment tests.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any field from a UGC-recognized university. The undergraduate degree must have at least 3 academic years.
- Candidates must have at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA. ST/SC/PWD candidates must have 45% or a CGPA of 4.5 on a scale of 10 points.
- All prospective candidates must provide a valid CAT.XAT/CMAT/GMAT scorecard.
- Final year students are allowed to apply so long as they provide their latest results sheet. In case of admission, these candidates must provide proof that they have completed their undergraduate studies.
- There is no age limit for this program.
- Work experience is necessary but not mandatory.
- All candidates are required to apply through the institution’s official website. They must accurately fill in the forms and submit them online before the stipulated deadline.
- The admission process is based on CAT results, group discussion, and personal interview performance.
- Once the duly-completed forms are received, the selection panel shortlists all the candidates who meet the minimum admission requirements.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The shortlisted candidates are invited to the institution to undertake group discussions, written ability tests, and personal interviews.
- The admission panel rates the candidates’ ability on every admission stage. The candidates are ranked based on the aggregate scores.
- Other factors that are considered during the ranking process include work experience, past academic achievements, testimonials, and engagement in extracurricular activities.
- Qualified candidates will be informed through the institution’s admission portal as well as their addresses. They are required to accept the offer within the stipulated timelines.
- The institution received the SAQS Accreditation offered by AMDISA.
- Approved by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Ranked among the top 10 B-schools in Management by the National Institutional Ranking Framework
- Ranked 10th by the Businessworld-Synovate, 2012
- INR 600,000 per annum. The fee covers tuition, learning & operations material, library charges, and computer charges.
- Students residing in the institute are required to pay at least Rs 50,000 per semester for accommodation and boarding charges.
- The institution provides scholarships to needy and intelligent students.
- The institution achieves approximately 96% placement success.
- The highest placement salary is Rs 27 Lakhs annually with the lowest being Rs 5 lakhs annually.
- The average placement salary for SIMSR MBA graduates is Rs 8 lakhs annually.
- The number of participating organizations has grown steadily with the last season having more than 100 companies from different sectors.
- The introductory salary for SIMSR’s MBA graduates is Rs 12 Lakhs annually.
- Highest-paid graduates can earn up to Rs 30 lakhs annually.
- The average pay for MBA graduates is Rs 8 lakhs with the potential to rise to Rs 15 lakhs over two years of active professional work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Will an offline MBA application be considered at SIMSR Mumbai?
Ans: Yes, the institution uses both online and offline application methods. However, using an online application is cheaper and more convenient.
- Q2: Can work experience compensate for lack of valid CAT results?
Ans: No, you must have a valid CAT/GMAT/XAT scorecard. Failure to upload the results will lead to an automatic disqualification
- Q3: Can I defer studies if I do not have enough school fee for registration?
Ans: Yes, the institution allows students to defer their studies for a year. However, the student must provide valid reasons for failure to which the deferral request will be declined.
- Q4: Will an MBA at SIMSR offer more job prospects?
Ans: Yes, all MBA graduates from the institution are placed in well-paying organizations. The program equips every student with skills and knowledge that make them stand out in the job market.
Better still, the skills acquired can help graduates to start their enterprises and manage them competently.
- Q5: When should I book for accommodation?
Ans: Students can only book for a hostel after paying the entire tuition fee. The hostels are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Q6: Can I pay an MBA application fee cash?
Ans: No, the institution does not accept cash payments. All students must pay through the authorized banks or cheques (follow the payment instructions as provided in the admission letter).
If you have any admission-related questions, do not hesitate to contact the institution’s representative using the contact below:
- For Admissions Related Queries:
- +91 22 6728 3000 / 3050 / 3232 / 3081
- [email protected]
Other general questions should be directed to the address below:
- +91 22 6728 3000 / 6728 3050
- [email protected]
- If you need more information about SIMSR Mumbai, please visit their official website https://simsr.somaiya.edu/
Other Articles You Might Like
- Amity University MBA Program
- Goa Institute of Management MBA
- Institute of Rural Management Anand MBA
- Lovely Professional University MBA
- BIM Trichy MBA Program
Image Credit: Samarth Shirke