Shailesh J.Mehta School of Management IIT Bombay MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Shailesh J.Mehta School of Management IIT Bombay (SJMSOM IIT Bombay) is a crucial component of the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay that was established in 1995
- The B-school is highly ranked and it has received approvals from various bodies. NIRF and MHRD has repeatedly ranked the institution among the best in the region and beyond
- Its flagship MBA program takes two years to complete. It equips the students with the skills to manage the dynamic business field
Details about the MBA Program
- Master’s in Business Administration is a flagship program of the SJMSOM IIT Bombay institute.
- It’s a two-year program that seeks to produce well-rounded graduates that will help in revolutionizing the corporate sector in India and globally.
- It’s a full-time residential course.
- Applies modern teaching techniques including live presentations, webinars, and podcasts.
- The students can specialize in different courses including Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, International Business, General Management, Organizational Behavior, Information Technology, and Economics Strategies.
- The MBA graduates from the SJMSOM IIT Bombay receive pleasant offers from the leading manufacturing, healthcare, processing, banking, and many other industries globally.
SJMSOM IIT Bombay offers one of the most competitive MBAs globally. To safeguard this integrity, the institution has a stringent admission process
To qualify for the MBA, you must:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognized university (established by an Act of the central legislature, recognized by UGC under the UGC Act of 1956, or approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development)
For the bachelor’s degree to be accepted, a candidate must have studied for at least four years after the completion of higher education (10+2) or equivalent
- Prove that you scored a minimum of 60% aggregate points or a CPI of 6.5. The marks are relaxed to 55% and 6.0 respectively for the SC/ST/PWD students
- If an applicant is in their final year, they may be considered for admission to the SJMSOM IIT Bombay MBA program. However, the student must prove that they secured at least 60% or 6.5 CPI points in aggregate for all the years of study (equally, the SC/ST/PWD marks are relaxed by 5 points)
- For CA/ ICWA, candidates must have a first-class bachelor’s degree with 60% aggregate or 6.5 CPI points
- Must have a valid CAT scorecard. International students are allowed to use the GMAT results card for the application process
- The students must submit a duly-filled application form before the application deadline as set by the University’s admission office
The admission is carried out in two distinct stages:
- The admission personnel will sort the received applications
- Candidates who qualify (as per the eligibility criteria above) are shortlisted
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The shortlisted candidates are invited for Written Ability Tests (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI)
- This phase entails conducting WAT and PI. Students are required to be present physically to undertake these tests
- The admission officials will gauge the students’ ability and offer marks that will be considered when selecting the best candidates
- The total marks are distributed as follows: CAT (80%), Work Experience (5%), Academic Profile (10%), and Personal Interview & WAT (5%)
- The candidates who qualify for admission are notified using various channels as the institution may deem appropriate
- Accredited by the Department of Human Resource Development, the Government of India
- SJMSOM IIT Bombay is approved by UGC
- QS World Ranking identified the institution as the fourth-best in management studies in India
- NIRF ranked SJMSOM IIT Bombay 10th in India in 2019
- MBA students at the SJMSOM IIT Bombay pay a total of Rs 8,70,000/-
- The fee can be disintegrated into various installments. However, the tuition fee must be cleared before the admission process
- The institution offers scholarship programs for needy students. All that’s needed is an application to be considered
- The fee does not include personal expenses, laundry, laptop repairs, and other extra needs that you may have during your study
- SJMSOM IIT Bombay has high placement rates every year. Its MBA graduates get excellent offers with an average opening salary of Rs 19.06 Lakhs
- In 2018, the course attracted a total of 53 recruiters and each of the students got an offer. The top recruiters include ICICI Bank, Goldman Sachs, IBM, Tech Mahindra, Accenture, Proctor and Gamble, Asian Paints, and Google
- Approximately 95% of all MBA students at the SJMSOM IIT Bombay Institute are employed with an initial salary of at least Rs 19.06 Lakh.
- Some of the graduates get high-value offers of up to Rs 90 Lakhs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Who should apply for an MBA SJMSOM IIT Bombay MBA?
Ans: Anybody who has a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and a minimum of 60% is eligible. The application will be subjected to further scrutiny to determine whether the applicant is the right fit for the MBA program
- Q2: Where will I be employed with an MBA degree?
Ans: MBA is one of the most competitive courses in the job market. The SJMSOM MBA graduates get offers even before they graduate due to the high demand for the course. Every business requires a strategic thinker who will make critical decisions to counter unforeseen business problems
- Q3: Is an MBA a tough course?
Ans: MBA is an interesting but highly demanding course. However, if you qualify through the admission and selection phases, you have the ability to handle the dynamism that comes with the course
- Q4: Will the school provide all tuition requirements
Ans: Immediately you pay the tuition fee, you are entitled to all tuition services including guidance by lecturers, access to the library, and any other tuition service that you may require. The school is determined to ensure that every student gets the best learning environment
- Q5: How will I pay my fee?
Ans: The institution offers different payment options including direct deposits to the school’s bank account, cheques, debit cards, and credit cards
You can contact the institution using the details below:
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management,
- IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076
- +91 22 2576 7781
- Any questions regarding the MBA should be addressed to:
- Phone: +91 22 2576 8781
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also, you can visit the institution’s official website http://www.som.iitb.ac.in for any clarifications.
Other Articles You Might
- IIM Lucknow MBA Program
- IIM Indore MBA Program
- IIT Kharagpur MBA Program
- XLRI Xavier School of Management MBA Program
- IIM Kozhikode MBA Program
- DMS IIT Delhi MBA Program
Image Credit: Mitesh