Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey University Distance Learning
- Courses Offered
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University is a women-only, non-profit public institution founded in 1916 to empower women by offering them access to higher education.
- The school has two campuses in Mumbai and one in Pune.
- SNDT Women’s University is owned by the government and runs a distance learning program through the center for distance education in an effort to allow women to fit their learning around their work and home life.
- It is a State University.
Types of Courses
The courses offered by SNDT Women’s University distance learning include:
- The requirement for admission into the distance learning program at SNDT Women’s University is a bachelor degree in any discipline.
- However, courses like MA English, MA Political Science, and M. Com require candidates to be graduates of a related discipline.
- Similarly, applicants for P.G. Diploma in School Counseling must be graduates of Psychology or must have offered psychology as a Subject for 200 Marks at any previous degree.
The fee structure for the SNDT Women’s University is as given below:
Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey (SNDT) Women’s University Accreditation Proof
- The university is accredited by UGC. Here’s the screenshot:
Applicants will need to follow the under listed guidelines to enroll for distance learning at SNDT Women’s University:
- Obtain the application form from the University, Study Centre, or complete the application process online on the school’s website.
- Candidates will need to submit a printout of the application form or completed form alongside the required documents and demand draft to the University or Study Centre.
- The course fee is paid in the form of demand draft drawn in favor of Center for Distance Education, SNDT Women’s University payable at Mumbai.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: When can I start with a course?
Ans: Admissions for the programs can be taken online using the Online Application Form. The student needs to align herself/himself with the currently running batches of the course in the University. However, if desired, the student can also download the offline application form, fill it up and send the same to the University.
- Q2: Are there any deadlines for submission of Application?
Ans: Yes. Intake happens once a year, please see the admission process. The students can apply for the course and start studying.
- Q3: Will I earn academic credit if I take any of these distance learning courses?
Ans: Students taking these courses earn academic credit and are graded in the same way as other students of the University. The University maintains parity for students irrespective of the medium of teaching.
- Q4: Do I get the printed study material also?
Ans: Yes! The University also provides the printed study material to the admitted students on the course. The cost of the printed study material is included in the course fees.
- Q5: How does the examination happen?
Ans: The students shall have to submit assignments and participate in activities as directed by the University. Almost 50% of the marks shall come from these activities. The balance 50% shall be assessed by the term end test conducted at the end of each semester. The examinations for these programs are proposed to be conducted completely online.
- Q6: How do I participate in the class?
Ans: Teaching staff and students communicate primarily through methods like email. Most of the courses have a bulletin board or chat rooms which helps to foster communication between students and teaching staff. For this purpose, you will have to log in to the Learning Management System as soon as you get your ID.
- Q7: How do I get my student ID and password?
Ans: You will receive your ID and password once you have completed the formalities of the admission. The Centre is serviced by a dedicated Student Care Helpdesk.
- Address: SNDT Women’s University Juhu Road,
- Santacruz (West), Mumbai 400049
- Website: https://sndt.ac.in/
- Tel: 022-2660 8493, 2660 8462
- Fax: 2660 4759
Other Related Posts for Students
- University of Calicut Distance Learning
- APS University Distance Learning
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- IFIM Business School Distance Learning
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University Distance Learning
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide