SSPU MSc Data Science Placements, Fees and More
|SSPU MSc Data Science Fee||Details|
|Course offered||MSc Data Science|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Fee of course (INR)||4,50,000|
|Accreditation||MHRD & UGC|
|Work ex required||Candidates with valid work experience will have an added advantage|
|Eligibility||Must possess a degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST)|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Course Objectives
- Programme Curriculum
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Placement Assistance
- Job Prospects
- SSPU MSc in Data Science Quora
- Other Courses Offered at SSPU
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
Have you ever wondered why data science is popularly referred to as “the sexist job of the 21st century”? Well, this programme has become essential with the advancement of technology, which has led to a high rate of data collection.
SSPU’s MSc in Data Science trains students to use this data to make decisions that impact organizational operations positively. The programme is UGC-accredited.
This programme equips students with skills that enable them to enhance their leadership and managerial abilities. It incorporates modules such as Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Visualisation. Additionally, the programme introduces various analytical tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, and RDBMS Techniques.
Course Duration: 2 years
Type of Course/ Medium: Full-time
This programme comprises 4 semesters spread across two academic years. Students will be required to undertake several modules each semester as shown below:
During the second year, students will be required to specialise in an area of their interest. Some of the electives include:
- Data Science Applications of Vision
- Quantitative Genetics
- Data Analysis in Economics and Financial Decision Making
- Data Analytics in IoT
- Prospective candidates must apply online through the institution’s official website. They are required to fill up the application form and pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 1000 to reserve a personal interview slot.
- Candidates must submit their duly completed application forms and upload attested copies of all the required academic and identification documents.
- Candidates must present themselves for a personal interview during the date/time allocated during the application process. They will be required to choose their ideal interview mode ( in-person, telephonic, or online).
- Successful candidates will receive a selection letter through the email address provided. They will be required to pay the first installment of the programme fee within the stipulated timelines.
This programme utilizes both online and offline teaching approaches. Students will be required to undertake in-class projects, analyze case studies, and use data science to derive solutions to real-world problems.
Lecturers use different teaching approaches ranging from live lectures, physical interactive sessions, group discussions, case studies analysis, and projects.
Additionally, students are evaluated using several approaches. All the test areas contribute to the final weighted score of respective students.
The evaluation techniques include assignments, viva-voce presentations, research & dissertation, internship, group discussions, continuous assessment tests, end-of-semester tests, and projects.
Prospective candidates must possess a degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST) from a UGC/AIU-recognized university. The degree should be in any of the following fields:
- Sc. Computer Science/ BSc. IT/ BCA/ or a UG degree in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT) with 12th standard Mathematics.
- BSc. Statistics/ Physics/Mathematics/Electronics/ Chemistry or an undergraduate degree in Engineering/ Technology in Mechanical/ EEE/ECE/E&I with 12th standard mathematics. Candidates in this category must undertake a bridge course of 10 credits/150 hours. SSPU bridge costs INR 20,000.
- Candidates with PG Diploma in Data Science and AI from a recognized institution will be considered for lateral admission into the second year.
The programme fee is Rs. 1,85,000 per year. Students will also be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 1000 and an institute deposit of Rs. 20,000. The international students’ programme fee is as below:
|Category||1st Year||2nd Year|
|NRI||Rs. 2,25,000||Rs. 2,25,000|
|Africa/Asia/ PIO/SAARC/OCI||Rs. 2,98,610/4000 USD||Rs. 2,98,610/4000 USD|
|Other Foreign Nationals||Rs. 3,35,958/ 4500 USD||Rs. 3,35,958/ 4500 USD|
Students can apply for education loans online through an online portal developed by the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Education, and Indian Banks Association. The e-portal is managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited. Applicants can submit their loan requests to ICICI Bank or the Bank of Maharashtra.
SSPU offers scholarship opportunities to meritorious and needy students. Interested students will be required to apply online and upload all the required documents. The scholarships are issued strictly based on merit.
SSPU has a placement team that grooms the students in readiness for job interviews. It trains students on presentation, communication, and personality development. Additionally, the team conducts mock interviews to ensure that SSPU students stand out. The institution has several placement partners such as Reliance, TATA Motors, Mahindra, and Forbes Marshall.
SSPU Data Science graduates take up jobs in sectors such as Finance, Banking, Consultancy, IT, and Manufacturing. They work as data analysts, business analysts, data engineers, database managers, data security engineers, and data safety consultants. The average salary for an entry Msc graduate is Rs 8 Lakhs annually.
Accreditation and Ranking for SSPU
SSPU is recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India and the UGC. In 2020, the institution was ranked among the top 50 private universities in India by ATAL Ranking of Institutions on Innovations Achievements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is SSPU the same as Symbiosis Skills and Open University (SSOU)?
Ans: Yes, SSPU was formerly referred to as SSOU. The change of name was approved by Maharashtra Legislative Assembly in 2020. It is a private university that was established by Symbiosis Open Education Society and enacted through a state legislation bill of 2017.
Q2: Is SSPU recognised? Is its Data Science programme accepted by employers?
Ans: Yes, SSPU is recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It is also accredited by UGC. Its MSc in Data Science programme is highly competitive and its graduates work in both local and international organisations. A majority of graduates get job opportunities during the institution’s placement exercise.
Q3: Is SSPU equipped with the ideal infrastructure for Msc programmes?
Ans: Yes, SSPU boasts of high-speed Wi-Fi, modern classrooms, and a conducive learning environment. It is located in a serene location free from noise and pollution. It also has fully-equipped laboratories and libraries. Students have access to digital materials ideal for research. Overall, SSPU offers a top-notch infrastructure for the high research sessions associated with MSc programmes.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
SSPU MSc in Data Science Quora
MSc in Data Science is a unique programme that attracts students from different backgrounds ranging from IT, Consultancy, and Banking among others. Its applicability in management and leadership has increased its demand among working professionals. This article highlights the course objectives, curriculum, pedagogy, and admission criteria.
- Official Website: https://sspu.ac.in/
- State: Maharashtra, India
Other Courses Offered at SSPU
|Other Courses Offered at SSPU||Details|
|PGD in Data Science and AI||
|M.Tech Mechatronics (IOT, AI, and Robotics)||
Other Articles You Might Like
- SCIT Data Science and Analytics
- CMI MSc Data Science
- Best Data Science Courses in Mumbai
- NMIMS M.Tech Data Science
- Ivy Professional School Business Analytics
Image Credit: UX Indonesia