Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA Program Fee, Syllabus and Review
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Availability of Application Form
- Features of Symbiosis MBA
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning offers correspondence education to students across the world. One of the most sought after degrees/diplomas is that of Masters in Business Administration (MBA). Students from over 45 countries are currently studying under the ambit of the Symbiosis Distance Learning umbrella.
The programs designed by SCDL are tuned up to match the current trends and demands of the modern-day world and are recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) – Distance Education Bureau (DEB)
Symbiosis is a private university
List of Courses Offered and Duration of Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-primary Teachers Training
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Corporate Law
- Duration: It offers both single and dual specialisation program with a duration of two years
- Maximum duration to complete course: 4 Years
Eligibility Criteria for SCDL
- Graduate in any discipline, from a recognized University
- International student graduates from a recognized institution
- Final year student graduates can also apply
- Qualification of SCDL – PGDBA Entrance Test
- Candidate with a valid score in National / International MBA Entrance Test (XAT/MAT/CAT/GMAT etc.) for the current academic year
- The medium of instruction: English
- Specialisations offered:
- Management Accounting
- Human Resource
- Customer Relationship Management
Symbiosis Distance MBA Fees Structure
Following is the program fee structure and non-refundable application form fees:
|Type of student||Course Fee (INR)|
|Cost of form||1,500|
|SAARC and International Students Form||6,900|
Symbiosis Distance Center Accreditation Status
Symbiosis is not accredited by UGC DEC.
How to take Admission?
- Purchase prospectus containing all details regarding programs of the University
- Submit the Application Form (available online) with complete details and registration fee.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Submit the First Instalment or Complete Fee after confirmation of admission
- We provide free admission help to students. Let us know if you need it.
Availability of Application Form
- Students can directly walk into one of the SCDL offices
- You can even apply online here
- Students can collect brochures/application form from select Axis Bank Branches. List Here
- One can also use the Postal Media in order to get the prospectus and other related forms for admission
Features of Symbiosis MBA via Distance Mode
Study Material: Study Material for every semester is sent to students
e-Learning modules: Interactive learning about certain aspects of the syllabi
e-Mentoring: Email Support is available to students too
Virtual Classroom Sessions: Students attend classes online, can ask questions and interact with the faculty
After Course Placements
The students who complete the distance course do not become eligible for the regular course placement support.
However, placement assistance is provided (as per the website). It’s a good initiative by the institute, but we remain skeptical as to how useful this might be considering the number of students applying for the same.
Our Own Understanding and Review
Symbiosis has one of the best distance learning post graduate diploma in business administration in the country.
It is professionally managed and has a reasonable fee structure. It also has pan India presence, which makes it easy for students shifting their location regularly. If you are looking for private options for doing distance education in the field of business, Symbiosis is definitely one of the best options out there.
There are some other options with respect to distance learning available to students as of now. It’s recommended that aspirants also read about the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the fee for Symbiosis distance learning courses?
Ans: The fee for Symbiosis courses depends on the exact course that you choose. Typically, the fee varies from 30,000 INR to 80,000 INR. Since it’s a meaningful investment, a student should choose wisely.
- Is symbiosis distance learning approved by UGC/AICTE?
Ans: No, Symbiosis Distance Learning is no longer approved by UGC DEC. You can read more about how accreditation works in our free distance MBA guide (available for download at the end of this article)
- Is Symbiosis good for distance MBA?
Ans: Symbiosis has really good branding, that’s the best part about its course. At one point of time, it used to be valid too but that’s no longer the case. So if you are looking for a private option and don’t want to apply for government jobs, then it’s good. It also depends on your situation, please read this.
- What is the ranking of symbiosis distance center MBA?
- What is the graduation percentage required for symbiosis distance courses?
Ans: There are no such criteria.
- How can I interact with the tutors?
Ans: Distance MBA students have myriad ways to interact with their tutors. They include online classes, chats, and personal contact sessions organized at Pune.
- When does the distance MBA program begin at the Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL)?
Ans: The course commences in July of each year.
- Where can I obtain the application forms for distance MBA?
Ans: Interested candidates can purchase the forms from SCDL Pune or download them only after the payment of a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000.
- Are international candidates eligible to apply for a distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, international candidates can apply for the program. They are required to obtain the application forms from the institution’s official website upon the payment of USD 100.
- Must I submit my original certificates during the application process?
Ans: No, the institution accepts attested documents. The attestation must be done by a Gazetted Officer or a Notary. The institution will not be liable for the loss of any original document submitted.
- What documents are required for international candidates interested in distance MBA from SCDL?
Ans: In addition to the documents required for local candidates, international candidates must attach a valid passport copy.
- Can I get provisional admission as I seek for attestation of my documents?
Ans: Yes, the institution offers provisional admission to candidates who have not provided attested documents or their passport photos. However, the admission is temporary and will be revoked if the candidate fails to submit the required documents within the stipulated timelines.
- When should I apply for admission cancellation?
Ans: If a student wishes to cancel their admission, they should apply through the student portal within the specified timelines. Any application for termination after the due date will result in the student forfeiting their fee refund.
- When can I access the assignments? What if I fail?
Ans: Assignments are released from the second month of every semester. Students must clear the fee to access the assignments. Students who fail the assignments are required to retake within the stipulated timelines. If you appear for more than two attempts, you will be required to pay for the retakes.
Symbiosis Contact Information
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- Symbiosis Bhavan,
- 1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony,
- Pune – 411016, Maharashtra, India.
- Phone: +91-20-66211000 (Hunting lines)
- Fax: +91-20-66211040/66211041
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA
- Are you interested in an MBA? Find out the basics of it – Why MBA?
- Distance MBA – Start Here
Image Credit – Dylu