Symbiosis Online MBA Fees, Syllabus and Review
|Symbiosis Distance MBA||Details|
|Course offered||PG Diploma|
|Stream||Banking & Finance, HR, etc.|
|Work ex required||No|
|Eligibility||Graduate in any discipline|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- List of Courses Offered and Duration of Courses
- Eligibility Criteria for Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
- Symbiosis Distance MBA Fee
- Symbiosis Distance Learning Accreditation
- Availability of Application Form
- Syllabus for Symbiosis
- How to take Admission?
- Features of Symbiosis MBA via Distance Mode
- After Course Placements
- Our Own Understanding and Review
- Students’ Testimonials
- Symbiosis Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning offers correspondence education to students across the world. One of the most sought-after degrees/diplomas is that of Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
Students from over 45 countries are currently studying under the ambit of the Symbiosis Distance Learning umbrella.
The programs designed for Symbiosis online MBA are tuned up to match the current trends and demands of the modern-day world and are recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) – Distance Education Bureau (DEB).
Symbiosis is a private university.
Symbiosis Distance Learning Courses List
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-primary Teachers Training
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Corporate Law
Symbiosis distance education offers both single and dual specialisation program with a duration of two years. The maximum duration to complete course is 4 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
- Graduate in any discipline, from a recognized University
- International student graduates from a recognized institution
- Final year student graduates can also apply
- The medium of instruction is English
Symbiosis Distance MBA Fee Structure 2020
|Symbiosis Distance MBA Course||Fee (INR)|
|General (distance learning)||50,000|
|Cost of form||1,500|
|SAARC and International Students Form||6,900|
* Exclusive of exam fees
Symbiosis Distance Learning Accreditation Status
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning is now recognised by AICTE and also recognised as an ISO certified institution. It has demonstrated stellar performance in quality of education through distance mode which is necessary for the professional growth of students. Hence, the certificate is awarded for the foundation of an efficient Quality Management System.
Syllabus for Symbiosis
|Symbiosis Distance MBA Syllabus||Credits|
|Principles and Practices of Management||4|
|Production or Operations Management||4|
|Human Resource Management||4|
|Management Information Systems||4|
|Compulsory Subject 1||–|
|Compulsory Subject 2||–|
|Compulsory Subject 3||–|
|Compulsory Subject 4 (choice of 1 elective)||–|
|Compulsory Subject 1||–|
|Compulsory Subject 2||–|
|Compulsory Subject 3 (choice of 1 elective)||–|
After the first two semesters, you have to pick a specialization. Each subject has some credits associated with it. Total credits that you need to complete – 80.
How to take Admission?
Following is the process for Symbiosis distance admission:
- Purchase prospectus containing all details regarding programs of the University
- Submit the Application Form (available online) with complete details and registration fees.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Submit the First Instalment or Complete Fee after confirmation of admission
- We provide free admission help to students. Let us know if you need it.
Availability of Application Form
- Students can directly walk into one of the SCDL offices
- You can even apply online here
- Students can collect brochures/application form from select Axis Bank Branches. List Here
- One can also use the Postal Media in order to get the prospectus and other related forms for admission
Features of Symbiosis MBA via Distance Mode
- Study Material: Study Material for every semester is sent to students.
- e-Learning modules: Interactive learning about certain aspects of the syllabi.
- e-Mentoring: Email Support is available to students too.
- Virtual Classroom Sessions: Students attend classes online, can ask questions and interact with the faculty.
After Course Placements
The students who complete the distance course do not become eligible for the regular course placement support.
However, placement assistance is provided (as per the website). It’s a good initiative by the institute, but we remain skeptical as to how useful this might be considering the number of students applying. Please don’t expect placement from campus.
Our Own Understanding and Review
Symbiosis has one of the best distance learning post graduate diploma in business administration in the country.
It is professionally managed and has a reasonable fee structure. It also has pan India presence, which makes it easy for students shifting their location regularly. If you are looking for private options for doing distance education in the field of business. On the other hand, the support is not the best.
Symbiosis Distance Learning Review
“I am good to get the exposure with symbiosis distance learning. The PGDBF program has excellent curriculum, assessments and exam patterns. After completing the program from SCDL, I have enhanced my skill set with a crucial information regarding banking and finance industry which is helping me in my professional growth.” Kelam Koteswara Rao, PGDBF
“I have successfully completed PGDBA with HR specialisation in the 2008 from SCDL. After completion of the program, it enabled me to get advancement in my career as I moved to HR department in the same company. Then I pursued PGDID program from SDCL in 2018. Being in HR (Learning and Development) vertical, this course will enable me to understand the various areas of content development. Overall, I would certainly recommend employable students to pursue programs from SCDL as there are various advantages like flexibility of time, affordability and it will help to upgrade their skillset.” Naresh Shivani, PGDID
Credit: SCDL Official Website
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the fee for Symbiosis distance learning courses?
Answer: The fee for Symbiosis courses depends on the exact course that you choose. Typically, the fee varies from 30,000 INR to 80,000 INR. Since it’s a meaningful investment, a student should choose wisely.
Q2: Is symbiosis distance learning approved by UGC/AICTE? Or is it valid?
Answer: No, Symbiosis Distance Learning is no longer approved by UGC DEC. You can read more about how accreditation works in our free distance MBA guide (available for download at the end of this article).
Q3: Is Symbiosis good for distance MBA?
Answer: Symbiosis has a really good brand name, that’s the best part about its course. At one point of time, it used to be valid too but that’s no longer the case.
So if you are looking for a private option and don’t want to apply for government jobs, then it’s good. It also depends on your situation, please read this.
Q4: What is the ranking of symbiosis distance center MBA?
Q5: What is the graduation percentage required for symbiosis distance courses?
Answer: There are no such criteria.
Q6: How can I interact with the tutors?
Answer: Distance MBA students have myriad ways to interact with their tutors. They include online classes, chats, and personal contact sessions organized at Pune.
Q7: When does the distance MBA program begin at the Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL)?
Answer: The course commences in July of each year.
Q8: Where can I obtain the application forms for distance MBA?
Answer: Interested candidates can purchase the forms from SCDL Pune or download them only after the payment of a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000.
Q9: Are international candidates eligible to apply for a distance MBA?
Answer: Yes, international candidates can apply for the program. They are required to obtain the application forms from the institution’s official website upon the payment of USD 100.
Q10: Should I submit my original certificates during the application process?
Answer: No, the institution accepts attested documents. The attestation must be done by a Gazetted Officer or a Notary.
The institution will not be liable for the loss of any original document submitted.
Q11: What documents are required for international candidates interested in distance MBA from SCDL?
Answer: In addition to the documents required for local candidates, international candidates must attach a valid passport copy.
Q12: Can I get provisional admission as I seek for attestation of my documents?
Answer: Yes, the institution offers provisional admission to candidates who have not provided attested documents or their passport photos.
However, the admission is temporary and will be revoked if the candidate fails to submit the required documents within the stipulated timelines.
Q13: When should I apply for admission cancellation?
Answer: If a student wishes to cancel their admission, they should apply through the student portal within the specified timelines.
Any application for termination after the due date will result in the student forfeiting their fee refund.
Q14: When can I access the assignments? What if I fail?
Answer: Assignments are released from the second month of every semester. Students must clear the fee to access the assignments.
Students who fail the assignments are required to retake within the stipulated timelines. If you appear for more than two attempts, you will be required to pay for the retakes.
Symbiosis Contact Information
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
- Symbiosis Bhavan,
- 1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU Distance MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA
- Distance MBA in India – Start Here
Image Credit – Dylu