Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- The Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune was established in 1978. It is a constituent college of Symbiosis International University (SIU).
- Since its inception, the institution has developed student-friendly programs, an illustrious student leadership body, and an overall excellent learning environment.
- In 2018, it was ranked among the top 10 private B-schools in India. Also, it has won numerous excellence awards including the National Education Excellence Award 2018, IDA Education Awards 2018, and GOLD ranking by QS Indian College Rating.
- It offers a two-year MBA program which has been tailor-made to produce highly dynamic business leaders.
Course and Duration
- SIBM’s MBA is a two-year full-time residential program. Each year has two semesters.
- Students must take all the core courses during the first year of study. The compulsory courses lay a strong foundation for management.
- Immediately after the end of the second semester, all students must undertake an internship program to introduce them to crucial management duties.
- In the second year, students are allowed to specialize in at most two areas of interest. Areas of specialization include Human Resource Management, Finance, Marketing, and Operations Management.
- All students must undertake a summer project towards the end of the second year. The research project must be derived from the students’ areas of specialization.
- Prospective candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by UGC or approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies. SC/ST categories must have achieved a minimum of 45% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA
- Candidates must appear for the SNAP exam and score the minimum cutoff points.
- Students in their final year can apply, but they must achieve 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in the qualifying exams to be considered.
- If admitted, these candidates must present their score sheet, original certificate, or a letter from the registrar to ascertain their qualifications.
- All prospective candidates must register for Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) test and pay a non-refundable test fee of INR 1750.
- After the test, candidates must apply for an MBA through the institution’s website. All application forms should be sent in time to avoid rejection.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Candidates must pay an application fee of Rs 1000. Failure to do so will result in an automatic rejection.
- Based on the SNAP results, the admission panel selects the candidates who qualify for the next round of interviews.
- All shortlisted candidates are invited for Personal Interview (PI), Group Exercise (GE), and Written Ability Test (GE-POWAY).
- Prospective candidates are awarded a score for every admission stage. The cumulative score is used to prepare the final list of successful candidates.
- Other factors that are considered during the process include work experience, extra-curricular activities, and academic achievements.
- All candidates who secure admission are notified using the details provided during registration. They must accept the offer within the stipulated period to receive registration details.
- Ranked 7th best B-school in India by Dalal Street Investment Journal, 2019.
- Ranked 18th best school in Management by National Institutional Ranking Framework.
- The total fee for MBA at SBMI is Rs 20, 21, 000/. It covers tuition, institute deposit, mess charges, library charges, and learning materials.
- Limited scholarships are available for needy and intelligent students.
- Education loans are provided by several banks in India.
- SIBM placement attracts various organizations from different sectors of the economy including manufacturing, human resource consultancy, sales, marketing, banking, finance, information technology, and service industry.
- Over 200 offers are made by approximately 150 companies that participate in the exercise.
- The average salary offered to graduates is INR 16.24 LPA while the highest offer is INR 25 LPA.
- MBA graduates get offers averaging Rs 14 Lakhs annually. High-pay graduate gets offers of up to Rs 30 Lakhs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I upload a photocopy of my GMAT/CAT score?
Ans: Yes, photocopies are admissible during the initial application process. However, you must provide the original copies during the later stages of the admission process.
- Q2: What are the cutoff scores for admission to an MBA at SIBM, Pune?
Ans: The cutoff scores are not static. Instead, it’s determined by the admission panel based on the performance of the applicants. Their decision is final.
- Q3: How do I apply for accommodation?
Ans: There are limited hostels on the campus and they are offered on the first-come-first-served basis. As such, you should submit your request immediately after admission.
- Q4: Is it mandatory to have work experience before applying for an MBA?
Ans: No, work experience is not a mandatory requirement. However, having a few years of professional experience is an added advantage.
If you need any further information regarding the program and the institute, feel free to direct your inquiries to the address below:
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
- Gram Lavale, Tal MulshiPune, Maharashtra – 412115
- Phone: 020-39116000, 7304445959
- Email: email@example.com
- Also, you can visit the institution’s official website www.sibm.edu to get in-depth details about SIBM, Pure.
Other Articles You Might Like
- T.A Pai Management Institute MBA Program
- Jamia Millia Islamia MBA Program
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi MBA
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration MBA Program
- PSG College of Technology MBA Program
Image Credit: Sopan Shewale