MA Analytics TISS Placements, Fees and More
|TISS Business Analytics Placements||Details|
|Course offered||MA Analytics & Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Analytics|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Duration||2 years for MA Analytics and 1 year for the EPGDA|
|Fee of course (INR)||754,600|
|Accreditation||UGC, NAAC & NIRF|
|Work ex required||2 years of work experience|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in a 3+ years programme or its equivalent|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Master of Arts/Master of Science(Analytics) (Self Financed)
- Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Analytics (EPGDA)
- Admission Process
- Placement Assistance
- Job Prospects
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences Quora
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) is a leader in training. Its flexibility has made it a choice of many high-ranking managers.
The institution has a reliable online management system that guarantees access to learning materials regardless of your geographical location. Enroll in any of its programmes today and revolutionize your career. Here’s a complete guide.
1. Master of Arts/Master of Science(Analytics) (Self Financed)
This programme enables working professionals to boost their decision-making processes. It is coordinated by the Labour Market Research Facility at the School of Management and Labour Studies. It involves hands-on training on the use of various tools for data analysis, visualization, reporting, and presentation. Additionally, it incorporates policy analytics, thus boosting managerial efficacy.
Course Duration: 2 years/ 4 semesters
Type of Course/ Medium: Postgraduate hybrid programme
This programme consists of four semesters spread across two years. Students will be required to undertake core courses within their first year of study. However, they must specialise during the second year. They must two areas out of the following electives:
- HR Analytics
- Social Media Analytics
- Analytics on Sustainable Development Goals
- Health Analytics
- Environmental Analytics
- Financial Econometrics
|MA in Analytics TISS Fees||Details (INR)||2nd Year|
2. Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Analytics (EPGDA)
This is an executive programme designed for working professionals. It is flexible since it allows participants to attend lessons only on weekends. Students will be introduced to data analytics tools such as Hadoop, R software, Relational Databases, GIS, SPSS, and Python. Additionally, the curriculum challenges participants to be innovative and develop solutions to problems by integrating data/technology in decision-making.
Course Duration: 1 year/ 2 semesters
Type of Course/ Medium: Weekend Programme
|TISS Executive Business Analytics Fees||Details (INR)|
- Prospective candidates are required to apply for the programme online through the institution’s official website. They must upload attested copies of all the documents required.
- Candidates who are unable to use the e-application platform can get a copy of the application form from the institute. They should then send the duly completed forms (together with application fees) by Speed Post.
- A selection committee reviews all the application forms and shortlists candidates that satisfy the eligibility requirements.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an in-person interview.
- The selection committee prepares the final merit list based on the candidate’s interview performance, work experience, and academic qualifications.
- Names of successful candidates will be displayed on the institution’s notice board (both online and offline). They will also be notified through their official emails provided during the applications stage.
TISS has a top-notch infrastructure to facilitate classroom and online sessions. Students will be required to form groups to enhance peer learning. Additionally, weekend classes are available online for recap and revision. Other available online materials include digital libraries, podcasts, and recorded conferences/seminars.
Lecturers use different evaluation approaches to test the ability of students to apply the knowledge acquired in class in solving real-life problems. The programme is characterized by industrial immersion sessions where students interact with industry leaders and create innovative solutions for existing problems.
Additionally, students will be required to attend fieldwork, collect data, and use it to tailor-make solutions. They will also undertake a dissertation under the supervision of authorized tutors. Other evaluation techniques applied in these programmes include assignments, group discussions, viva-voce presentations, and end-of-semester examinations.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in a 3+ years programme or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Candidates must have completed their education under the 10+2+2+1 or 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 system. Any other pattern fulfilling 15 years of formal education will be considered.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
Students can apply for education loans through the institution’s partners. Some of the financial institutions that offer loans to students include ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, State Bank of India, and Bank of Baroda.
TISS offers placement assistance to all its qualifying candidates. It has placement cells that train students on resume writing and conduct mock interviews. The preparations build their confidence, thus increasing their chances of standing out during job interviews.
Data analytics and data science graduates get job opportunities in sectors such as IT/IT-related fields, Consultancy, Baking, and Finance. A majority of the graduates take up managerial positions, senior board members, data specialists, data analytics, and data consultants.
Accreditation and Ranking for TISS
TISS is Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. It was awarded the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) 5-star rating. Additionally, the institution has been ranked among the top institutions in India by NIRF.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How can I join TISS for my MA/MSc Analytics programme?
Ans: To join TISS, you will be required to apply for your programme of choice online through their website. However, you must regularly check their website for openings/ invitations to apply. Once the application window is open, you should send your application letter and upload all the documents required. The admission process is strictly based on merit.
Q2: Is MA/MSc Analytics from TISS a good course?
Ans: Yes, TISS’s Analytics course is accredited by UGC. It has prerequisite facilities to offer the program comprehensively. A majority of TISS graduates get placements from top local and international organizations.
Q3: Does TISS have entrance examinations? Is it mandatory?
Ans: Yes, TISS has an entrance examination requirement for candidates enrolling in MA and MSc programmes. The computer-based test comprises 100 objective multiple questions in 3 main areas; including English Proficiency, General Awareness, and Mathematics & Logical Reasoning. It takes 1 hr 40 minutes and its medium is English.
If you have any questions, please ask us here -we answer every single query of students.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences Quora
TISS MA/Msc Analytics is a relatively new programme that is gaining popularity fast. Its acceptance is attributable to the relevance of the skills acquired. Many employers are hiring workers who can work with data to make decisions and improve business productivity. This article provides crucial information about the programme. Is it the best for you? Read on to find out.
- Official Website: https://www.tiss.edu/
- State: Purav Marg Deonar Mumbai
- Prospectus Link: Click here for the prospectus link.
Other Articles You Might Like
- SSPU MSc Data Science
- SCIT Data Science and Analytics
- CMI MSc Data Science
- Best Data Science Courses in Mumbai
- NMIMS M.Tech Data Science
Image Credit: KOBU Agency