University of Burdwan Distance MBA Program – Admission, Fee, and More
- Courses Available
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- The University of Burdwan is a public research institution founded in 1960 by the government of West Bengal.
- The institution offers distance education through the Directorate of Distance Education (DDE).
- The University of Burdwan is a State University.
Type of Courses
The courses offered by the University of Burdwan through the distance mode consist:
- Masters in Business Administration
- M.A. in English
- Master of Commerce (M. Com)
- M.A. in Political Science
- M.A. in Philosophy
- M.A. in Sanskrit
- M.A. in Bengali
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.A. in Mathematics
- The study material for courses such as Master of Business Administration, M. Com., English, Mathematics, and Computer Science is offered in English.
- For other courses, the language of instruction is Bengali.
- The program duration is two years.
- The to be considered eligible for the MBA program, candidates must be graduates of the 10+2+3 pattern from any recognized University.
- For courses such as M.A. in English, History, Bengali, Political Science, Philosophy, and Sanskrit, applicants are required to have graduated with a minimum of Second Class honors in the concerned course.
- The subject candidates apply to must have been studied in the 10+2+3 pattern from any recognized University. The previous 11+3 model is also accepted, as are many others.
- M.A./M.Sc. in Mathematics requires a candidate to have at least a Second Class honors in mathematics. The degree should be earned through a 10+2+3 pattern from a recognized institution of higher learning. The 11+3 mode is also considered.
- For M. Com., the eligibility requirement is a minimum of Second Class honors in Commerce. The course must have been pursued in the 10+2+3 system from any recognized University.
- Similarly, you need a B.Sc. in Computer Science or Bachelor of Computer Applications degree to enroll for M.Sc. in Computer Science through the distance mode.
University of Burdwan Accreditation
- The University of Burdwan is awarded the B++ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- The University of Burdwan is currently not accredited by UGC. Below is its previous accreditation letter attached.
The fee for distance education varies depending on whether you are a BU student or not. The amount you’ll pay also depends on whether you will be admitted to the Directorate of Distance Education or Study Centre.
Hence, the fees information includes:
All fees are in INR.
How Can I Apply
- Candidates who wish to apply for distance learning at the University of Burdwan can do so by downloading the application form from the school’s website at www.buruniv.ac.in.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Fill submit the completed form to the following address:
- The University of Burdwan Directorate of Distance Education (DDE)
- The University of Burdwan, Bardhaman (West Bengal
- Directorate of Distance Education (DDE)
- Bardhaman-713104″ (West Bengal)
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
Frequently Asked Question
- Q1: What is the process to take admission in University of Burdwan distance education?
Ans: Candidates who wish to apply for distance learning at the University of Burdwan can do so by downloading the application form from the school’s website at www.buruniv.ac.in. Fill submit the completed form to the address given below.
- Q2: Am I eligible If I have a second class degree of honors for the admission in Political Science?
Ans: Yes, You can get admission in the following course with a second class honors degree. Please see the details above for further information regarding admission criteria.
- Q3: What is the total fee for the MBA program at the University of Burdwan Distance Education?
Ans: The total fee for the MBA program is 16,000 per semester in distance mode at the University of Burdwan.
- Q4: How can I contact the university for admission details in distance mode?
Ans: You can contact the university at the address given below in this article.
- Q5: Is the University approved by UGC?
Ans: Yes, It has been approved by UGC. An accreditation proof is attached above.
- Q6: What is the duration of an MBA program?
Ans: You can complete the MBA program in distance mode in 2 years.
- Q7: Do I have to apply for an entrance test to get admission to the MBA program?
Ans: The candidate who wants to apply for the MBA program should have passed MAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ XAT Management Aptitude Test. In case the candidate does not have passed any of these tests he/she should appear for an entrance test and secured a valid score held by the University of Burdwan.
- Q8: How can I access the application forms for distance MBA at the University of Burdwan?
Ans: All potential candidates can get the application form online by visiting the institution’s official website (https://www.buruniv.ac.in/).
- Q9: Which entrance exams are admissible for the distance MBA program at the University of Burdwan?
Ans: Interested candidates are required to have MAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT/or any other recognized aptitude test. Also, the University of Burdwan offers an entrance exam.
- Q10: Will I be required to attend physical interviews at the institution?
Ans: Yes, candidates will be required to attend a physical interview in various study centres. During these sessions, the candidates will engage in group discussions, written tests, and personal interviews. Candidates are selected on merit.
- Q11: What will I be required to carry for registration?
Ans: During the admission day, students are required to carry their offer letter and the original copies of all the documents requested. Photocopies and attested copies will not be accepted.
- Q12: What is the admissible fee payment method for distance MBA students?
Ans: All candidates must download the Bank Challan available online and deposit the fee to the nearest branch of the State Bank of India. The payment must include the enrollment fee of Rs 500 and the requisite fee as stated on the Challan.
- Q13: Which details should I provide as proof of payment for distance MBA at the University of Burdwan?
Ans: Within four days of application submission, candidates must log on to their portals and insert the journal number issued by the bank after payment. Other details required include the branch code, branch name, and date of deposit. Any form without these details will be considered incomplete
- Q14: Will I be guaranteed placement upon completing the distance MBA?
Ans: No, the university is not entirely obliged to offer job opportunities to students. However, there exists a vigorous placement cell at the institution that seeks placement partners. A majority of MBA graduates are placed in reputable organizations worldwide.
- Q15: Why am I unable to access my portal after submitting my application?
Ans: Candidates should be able to access their portal using the username and password entered during the account creation. If you are encountering difficulties, you may have to change your password and try again.
- Q16: Where will I get a report about my application status?
Ans: Details about your application will be posted on the admission portal. Also, an admission representative may send the details through the email address provided during the application process.
- Q17: Do the institute offer scholarships for distance MBA students?
Ans: No, the institution has no scholarships for distance students.
The contact information for the University of Burdwan include:
- Directorate of Distance Education
- The University of Burdwan
- Golapbag, Bardhaman
- Dist: Purba Bardhaman, West Bengal, 713104
- Telephone: 0342-2657804, 2657912
- Email: email@example.com
Other Options for Students
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
- IIM Distance Education
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit: Adi Rahman