University of Calicut Correspondance Learning
- The University of Calicut was founded in 1968, making it the second University to be instituted in the South Indian State.
- The school is owned by the government and has several off-campus centers in nearby districts such as Thrissur, Kozhikode, Palakkad, Wayanad, and Lakshadweep Islands.
- The School of Distance Education runs the University’s distance learning program.
- It is a State University.
Types of Courses Offered
The distance education program at the University of Calicut are specialized in several disciplines that include:
- M. Com
- MA History
- MA English
- MA Economics
- MSc Mathematics
- MA Political Science
- MA Sociology
- The courses can be completed in two years.
- 45% in Part I English of BA/BSc Examination or 45% in English Main papers in the case of candidates with English under Part III Pattern I or 45% in English main papers in the case of candidates with English under Part III and II.
- Candidates will be ranked according to the percentage of marks in part I English or Part III in the case of those who have taken English under Part III whichever is higher. A weightage of 10% marks shall be added in the case of those who have taken English under Part III.
The following are the fees for the University of Calicut’s distance program:
|Course||Total fee (Rs.)|
|MA Political Science||4,000|
University of Calicut Accreditation Proof
The university is accreditated by UGC. Here’s the screenshot:
- To enroll for distance learning at the University of Calicut, you will need to generate the e-challan via the Instant Web Payment System at www.universityofcalicut.info.
- From there, navigate to “Instant Web Payment System,” then “Instant Pay,” and finally “SDE MBA Entrance Examination.”
- As you will be subjected to an entrance exam known as CUMAT (SDE), you will need to pay Rs. 1,000 (Rs. 500 if you are an SC/ST candidate) towards the exam. Your online registration will be deemed completed after you have remitted challan.
- From there, visit www.universityofcalicut.info, then “Online Registration,” “SDE,” and “SDE Entrance Examination.”
- A Gazette officer will attest your application form.
- After that, print out the application form and send along with your original challan receipt as well as a self-addressed (Rs. 05/-) stamped envelope to the Director, School of Distance Education, University of Calicut, Calicut University P.O., Malappuram-673635 (Kerala).
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How Can I transfer my degree from the University of Calicut to another or vice versa?
- Transfer of students from one college to another shall be made purely on the basis of merit taking into consideration the percentage of marks obtained at the qualifying examination and the number of years of approved experience.
- Candidates who have completed the first year course satisfactory and appeared for the examination and eligible for promotion to the second year shall only be eligible for transfer, in the case of inter-University transfer.
- In addition, the candidate transferred will be required to appear and pass additional subject/subjects of the I year examination of the University to which he/she is transferred, depending on syllabus/schemes of the I year examination of both Universities at the time of transfer. The student will be advised on this matter at the time of admission. The marks obtained in these subjects will not be considered for carryover or for classification.
Q2: Can I apply online for admission to the University of Calicut?
Yes, you can apply online by downloading the form that is present on the official websites of the university.
Q3: What is the status of the University of Calicut?
The university is accredited by UGC and owned by the government. It has several off-campus centers in nearby districts such as Thrissur, Kozhikode, Palakkad, Wayanad, and Lakshadweep Islands.
Q4: What are the duties of Directorate of Admissions at the University of Calicut?
- The Directorate of Admissions (DoA) was established by the University in the year 2014 with a view to streamlining the entire admissions process in the University Teaching Departments and affiliated colleges of the University.
- The main aim of DoA is conducting centralized admissions to various UG, PG, M.Phil & Ph.D. programmes offered by the University and its affiliated colleges in a systematic, transparent and student-friendly manner following all reservation rules.
- The major task of DoA is Centralised Admission Process(CAP) for UG and PG, which offers facility for online submission of a single application for various UG & PG courses in multiple colleges affiliated to the University. CAP helps students to submit applications of their choice through simple online steps. This hassle-free process is time-saving, cost-effective and ensures transparency in admission.
Q5: How can I submit my fee for admission to the University of Calicut?
You can submit your fee by visiting the official website of the university and opening the fee submission form. Fill out the form with all the required details and submit it afterward.
- Address: Director, School of Distance Education, University of Calicut, Calicut University P.O., Malappuram-673635 (Kerala).
- Website: http://www.sdeuoc.ac.in/
- Telephone: 0494-2407355, 2407357
Other Related Posts for Students
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University Distance MBA
- Jamia Hamdard University Distance Learning
- Maharshi Dayanand University Distance MBA
- Welingkar Institute Distance MBA
- University of Petroleum Distance MBA